This is the brand new 2021 Mustang Mach-1

Bikeman315

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ira
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT/CS, 2021 Volvo XC60
I agree that there's some work to be done to upgrade the center console, but it's not something that's a stretch. From what I read, the edge will be upgrading to sync 4 for 2021
There are different versions of Sync 4 depending on the screen size. The version on the Explorer has different features than the one used on the 8” screen. So could the 21’ Mustangs have Sync 4? Yes, but we will just have to wait and see.
Sponsored

Brazos609

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium PP Recaro
This confirms that there are no changes to the MY2021 Mustang besides colors. Quite disappointing
"For all EcoBoost and 5.0-liter V8-equipped Mustang models, technology upgrades make Ford Co-Pilot360 standard. Suite of driverassist technology includes auto high-beam headlamps, rearview camera, Blind Spot Information System, Lane-Keeping System, Pre-Collision Assist with Automatic Emergency Braking with Pedestrian Detection, Forward Collision Warning and Dynamic Brake Support. A front and rear Belt Minder® safety belt reminder system and rain-sensing wipers are standard."

You don't consider any of these as changes? Features that used to only be available as part of a package and only available to be added on certain trim levels and models are now standard features on every Mustang.

Bikeman315

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ira
Vehicle(s)
"For all EcoBoost and 5.0-liter V8-equipped Mustang models, technology upgrades make Ford Co-Pilot360 standard. Suite of driverassist technology includes auto high-beam headlamps, rearview camera, Blind Spot Information System, Lane-Keeping System, Pre-Collision Assist with Automatic Emergency Braking with Pedestrian Detection, Forward Collision Warning and Dynamic Brake Support. A front and rear Belt Minder® safety belt reminder system and rain-sensing wipers are standard."

You don't consider any of these as changes? Features that used to only be available as part of a package and only available to be added on certain trim levels and models are now standard features on every Mustang.
2021 was supposed to be an refresh year (15-17, 18-20, 21-23?). That would mean cosmetic and possibly mechanical changes and well as additional feature content. The features you mentioned are all very nice but do not constitute a refresh.

shogun32

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT/PP, '23 GB Mach1, '12 Audi S5 (v8+6mt)
Vehicle Showcase
not to mention charging well over a grand for software doohickies is frankly criminal.

DarthMalice

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang Mach 1 M0960; AT; Fighter Jet Gray
Just watched that Explorer review...in total agreement. Ford just doesn’t care anymore...like the reviewer says they count on their loyal customers to accept and buy whatever shit they churn out at a premium..how did anyone think that was a good screen choice? If the mustang gets an iPad glued to the dash, I will be skipping as well. Looks like ass.

Sponsored

Strokerswild

Shallow and Pedantic
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
Things With Wheels
I absolutely hate the Sync 3 system that's in my '19 F-150. HATE IT. A year in and I'm actually looking into aftermarket options. Anything would be an improvement.

Personally, I miss the more or less standard radio/CD player with connectivity that my previous Jeep DD had, believe it or not. I'm not even that old, LOL, but I don't understand the appeal of all the touchscreen BS that everyone seems to want in a vehicle. Shit goes to hell anyway before I'm done with a vehicle....

sigma4g

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
shawn
Vehicle(s)
2018 mustang gt
Alright guys so help me out here:

I will buy one of these Mach 1s but i am very torn between the a10 and the 3160.

i love the a10 ever since i bought my 2018 gt (went under Ford RAV) and i know that a10 paired to the mach 1 will be awesome.

most of my racing will be roll racing with the OCASSIONAL road coursing so it seems to make sense that the a10 would be the best route.

however,

I absolutely LOVE what the handling package offers. wayyy nicer wheels that i would honestly keep and not go aftermarket, the beefy tires, the splitter, and the swing.

i know i should be looking at performance but looks are a thing for me as well. if ford would have said you can have the handling package on whatever transmission you want it would be an obvious choice and i wouldnt be torn between these.

help me out guys i need your thoughts!

Twin Turbo

Super Moderator
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Paul
Vehicle(s)
Mustang '05 GT
I too, love the look of the Handling Package, but it'd be the A10 for me.

A set of aftermarket wheels with a decent offset, a set of Magneride lowering springs and a rear swing and you've reproduced the looks for potentially less than the Handling Package may cost. And you've got your preferred transmission.That's what I'd do :like:

sigma4g

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
shawn
Vehicle(s)
2018 mustang gt
I too, love the look of the Handling Package, but it'd be the A10 for me.

A set of aftermarket wheels with a decent offset, a set of Magneride lowering springs and a rear swing and you've reproduced the looks for potentially less than the Handling Package may cost. And you've got your preferred transmission.That's what I'd do :like:
i actually love the handling package wheels and would like to get them which i would probably have to get the little fender flares so they dont poke out as bad. but we are still missing the bigger front splitter which i have no idea they are going to produce them separately or not. also the swing is roughly $1500 from ford which is kind of pricey just for a swing

Hack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang, Camaro
There will be aftermarket clones of the handling package wheels. You'll have to wait a while for them to be available, but you'll be able to get them. If you wait a while for the initial Mach 1 demand to fall, the wheels might be available when you buy the car.

I agree with TT. If you prefer the A10, you should buy the car with it. Add the other bits. Wheels and lowering springs won't cost too terribly much to add. I probably wouldn't buy the Ford wheels because I'd expect they will cost a fortune. But aftermarket copies shouldn't be too bad.

Sponsored

Bikeman315

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ira
Vehicle(s)
As others have said, you can change the wheels and add other appearance items. You cannot change the transmission, at least cheaply. Go with the A10 and take it from there.

13GetThere

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Lynn
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Premium PP2 Magnet Grey
If I decide to get a Mach 1, it'll be the base with the A10, I'll get a set of PP2 wheels and get either Ford's front splitter and swing or after market.

jgilkey

Threads
Reaction score
Website
locusautomotive.com
First Name
Joe
Vehicle(s)
Ordered: 2021 Mach 1
If I decide to get a Mach 1, it'll be the base with the A10, I'll get a set of PP2 wheels and get either Ford's front splitter and swing or after market.
The RTR Tech 5 rims are similar to the PP2 wheels, a little lower cost and weight. I’m thinking of getting a pair in the Mach 1 HP size for autocross.

Jimmy Dean

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Al
Vehicle(s)
71 mach 1, 82 Bronco, 86 Bronco (dd),
I plan on the handling package, but will swap rims to some mag500 look alikes I think.