This is the brand new 2021 Mustang Mach-1

GreenS550

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bob
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Premium 2020 Explorer Limited
This must be where they got the orange from?

1-1554756393525@2x.jpg

3f9dc0c516b8496bd7b7db08c164a6cf.jpg
Sponsored

Twin Turbo

Super Moderator
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Paul
Vehicle(s)
Mustang '05 GT
Yeah, that’s kinda what I was thinking, but I hoped that maybe someone would know more than me. I REALLY want FJG, but I don’t want all the orange stuff, especially the seats. I’d love if I could just get a standard stripe color with it, and I’d even settle for a stripe delete on the FJG that also applied to the calipers and seats
If you opt for the Recaros, I believe those do not come with the stripe (but then you also lose the heat/cool feature).

marks

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT Race Red Manual
It could be limited to 7500 units per year. That would still be enough to support worldwide demand. It's been homologated for worldwide sales. You've seen the RHD Mach 1 at Flatrock. If it's going to other RHD countries there is no reason it can't come here.
I've only seen the base version in RHD (the yellow one), not the performance/handling pack version (or whatever Ford calls it)

Sponsored

FlatRock

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mach 1 N0404
I recall reading the cutouts in the grill are only semi circular, being flat on the top. Hopefully the aftermarket offers a light that fits the opening. I still envision putting lights in there for road trips, and keeping them open for cooling when at the track or in town.

jake_zx2

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Kona Blue 2018 GT
Vehicle Showcase
If you opt for the Recaros, I believe those do not come with the stripe (but then you also lose the heat/cool feature).
Yeah, I plan to equip Recaros, but still doesn’t fix the orange brakes and stickers and such. I’d like to try and keep it pretty close to OEM, and stripping off all the stickers to replace them and painting the calipers just doesn’t seem worth it, especially when the appearance package is probably limited and extra cost.

On the bright side, browsing this thread brought me to find an iconic silver one, and I REALLY like that, so that’s probably what I’ll be going with

DonnieO

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Donnie
Vehicle(s)
2017 mustang gt cs
I recall reading the cutouts in the grill are only semi circular, being flat on the top. Hopefully the aftermarket offers a light that fits the opening. I still envision putting lights in there for road trips, and keeping them open for cooling when at the track or in town.
Yup. The fog lights I copied are from the boss 302. They are flat on top and slighty angled

bnightstar

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Hristofor
Vehicle(s)
2013 Ford Fiesta 1.25i, 2017 GB Ford Mustang GT PP Premium
Vehicle Showcase
In the video Jim said that he expect some lights on SEMA. I think ford are working with someone to make sure there will be lights for the front grill.

Hack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang, Camaro
I love the look of it, the better trans is awesome, it has more power than a GT, better suspension, I think it looks better than a GT350, better torque for non racing driving - cool car!!!
You want more torque for NOT racing? Huh.

Sponsored

Zelek

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang Mach 1
I definitely think I will add some LED fogs when those become available. Looks great.

WildHorse

N/A or GO HOME
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
ⓇⒾⒸⓀⓎ ⓈⓅⒶⓃⒾⓈⒽ
Vehicle(s)
'17 S550
Vehicle Showcase
I find it very odd that nowhere does it publish a weight for the MACH 1.

martinjlm

Retired from GM
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Camaro Fifty SS Convertible
I find it very odd that nowhere does it publish a weight for the MACH 1.
Well, coolers are only going to add to the weight of a Mustang GT......

One more.... :sunglasses:
21MY Mach 1 Race Red 5.jpg
I think if you start with the weight of a Bullitt (base Mach 1) or PP2 (Handling Pkg Mach 1) and add about 40 - 50 pounds for the coolers you’ll be in the ballpark. Maybe a little more for the Handling Pkg to account for the larger splitter and the wing.
Sponsored