Sponsored

This is the brand new 2021 Mustang Mach-1

GForensic

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Future Mach 1/GT500 Owner
I was at Carlisle and asked Carl about the stripes and interior options.
The stripes seem to be standard. The accent stripe colors are: Red stripes for Oxford White, Iconic Silver and Black cars. White accent stripes for Race Red, Velocity Blue, Grabber Yellow and Twister Orange. Of course Orange accents for FJG cars.
Leather interior cars ONLY will have the horizontal stripes on the front seats. Orange for FJG. All other leather seat cars get a Dove Gray stripe on the seats.
Base interior cloth seats are available and are the standard Mustang interior cloth.
He suspects that they will have 80% take rate on leather.
My choice is probably a base cloth interior Oxford White exterior red stripes and red calipers A10. I think this will be a rare combination.

If this is true how does the car really become a limited edition? And will the dealers really put an ADM on all different configurations? I plan to order one of the base Mach 1's loaded up and in velocity blue but if a dealer has a stock unit for example with cloth interior and basic options can they really claim its limited like the bullitt supposedly was or the GT350, GT500....etc? Especially if you can just order what ever combo you want? I used to have a GT350 (Looking to upgrade to the GT500) and never owned a bullitt but those were cars that were pretty close in configuration with limited options so I can see them being "limited" much more than the Mach 1 especially with so many choices it seems.

Strokerswild

Shallow and Pedantic
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
Things With Wheels
I disagree (in 10 years). I believe there are some who find value on obscure combinations when looking at these cars later down the road.
I have a pristine, low-mile, documented 1-of-1 2015 GT I'll sell you....

bnightstar

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Hristofor
Vehicle(s)
2013 Ford Fiesta 1.25i, 2017 GB Ford Mustang GT PP Premium
Vehicle Showcase
Have you tried it? You can change the color of the gauge cluster. The colors, man. The colors.
you can do that on the standard gauges too. But having all your gauges for the track on the dash when you need them at the same time you can only do that with the digital.

GreenS550

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bob
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Premium 2020 Explorer Limited
Just watched the video again. And maybe this has been discussed, but it looks like the side view mirrors are a throwback to those from yesteryear. I really like the look. Anyone else commented on this?

Sponsored

Fly2High

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Frank
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT PP2
Just watched the video again. And maybe this has been discussed, but it looks like the side view mirrors are a throwback to those from yesteryear. I really like the look. Anyone else commented on this?
I must have missed that. What makes you say that? At a quick glance they look to be the same as my '19. I know they make two different side mirrors, US (narrow) and another for Europe (larger) for the Mustang. It is region specific to meet law requirements.

Interceptor

Daily Driver
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 California Special A10
My thinking on limited edition:
In the video they implied they were not gonna be overbuilding the units to meet demand. They learn a lesson from the Bulitt, that too many on the lots equals less demand lower prices.

If I were a buyer then a dealer order would be placed as soon as possible. This is what the Ford people want so after orders they can gauge how many to build. With Bulitts they were basic combos, so not a big need to Special order.

Ford will keep inventory very small of MACh 1s on dealer lots to keep prices up.
I feel the buyers who want their chosen option need to order early. This COV-19 is not going away, next spring will be a repeat.

Labradog

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Guard Metallic
Looks like they fixed (removed) the dumb horizontal lines in the decklid trim panel on 18+ cars.

Labradog

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Guard Metallic
My thinking on limited edition:
In the video they implied they were not gonna be overbuilding the units to meet demand. They learn a lesson from the Bulitt, that too many on the lots equals less demand lower prices.
The lesson from all the special edition Mustangs is don't let dealers charge ridiculous ADMs so that cars sit on lots. They haven't learned that.

EcoVert

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ecoboost convertible
Vehicle Showcase
The lesson from all the special edition Mustangs is don't let dealers charge ridiculous ADMs so that cars sit on lots. They haven't learned that.
My dealer still has three 2019 Bullitt's two green one black victims of high ADM.

Sponsored

GreenS550

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bob
Vehicle(s)
I must have missed that. What makes you say that? At a quick glance they look to be the same as my '19. I know they make two different side mirrors, US (narrow) and another for Europe (larger) for the Mustang. It is region specific to meet law requirements.
You know I just went outside and looked at the mirrors on my 18. I guess I am wrong. In the one photo it seemed as though the mirrors were smaller and kinda square.
My bad.

GreenS550

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bob
Vehicle(s)
New car pricing is very perplexing to me. When I bought my 2019 Bullitt in March of 2019 I paid 5700 under sticker. They made money on it and it had been at this dealer since November 2018.

Local dealers were still getting them and wanted msrp or in some cases over msrp.

I also don't get why an ordered car isn't much cheaper than an inventoried car as there are no carrying costs. There must be some sort of compensation system from the manufacturer.

martinjlm

Retired from GM
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Camaro Fifty SS Convertible
New car pricing is very perplexing to me. When I bought my 2019 Bullitt in March of 2019 I paid 5700 under sticker. They made money on it and it had been at this dealer since November 2018.

Local dealers were still getting them and wanted msrp or in some cases over msrp.

I also don't get why an ordered car isn't much cheaper than an inventoried car as there are no carrying costs. There must be some sort of compensation system from the manufacturer.
Thing is, the dealer still would rather sell from their lot stock in order to stop the accumulation of stocking costs.

Fly2High

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Frank
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT PP2
In my '19 GT, I do have the digital gauge as well as MyColor. The interior floor lights and door handle, sill plate, cup holder lights all change. I have the interior set to red to match the car and because it is most visible at night (comes from telescope/ astronomy hobby).
Sponsored