Sponsored

This is the brand new 2021 Mustang Mach-1

martinjlm

Retired from GM
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Camaro Fifty SS Convertible
could be, but why deny yourself the opportunity to skin the consumer of more of his money?
I think it's like something all automakers do. They have some colors that are "free" and some colors that cost extra. FJG is one of those colors, but it would look crazy with white accent stripes. Red might not look great either. "I know! Let's make the accent stripes orange and charge even more!"
Sponsored

Strokerswild

Shallow and Pedantic
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
Things With Wheels
I think it's like something all automakers do. They have some colors that are "free" and some colors that cost extra. FJG is one of those colors, but it would look crazy with white accent stripes. Red might not look great either. "I know! Let's make the accent stripes orange and charge even more!"
And for those of us that aren't wild about orange, the choice seems even dumber.

FJG is an interesting color, but would also be as good (or better) without the orange.

Fly2High

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Frank
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT PP2
First off, Orange is GREAT!!!

Anything orange it top shelf. I LOVE orange.

That said, I think the photos I posted of the P51D RedTails planes with the gray, black and red would also work fantastic. It would also be a tribute to them, IMHO.

That said, I have seen several, I guess one offs, that are special done up variants of the Mustang in military colors and such. Maybe those color combinations have already been taken by those groups and cannot be sold by Ford.

roush-ford-mustang-gt-old-crow-is-how-a-ww2-fighter-plane-looks-like-on-the-road-136009_1.jpg

I do think this Hurst hood would be cool for the Mach 1.

sddefault.jpg

NAZ_2f29d16429fb4dccbe1cac8320c0ddeb.jpg

142562254.jpg

2015-Ford-Mustang-F-35-Lightning-II-Edition-side-profile2.jpg

I know these are a previous gen but same idea:
one-off-new-york-yankees-mustang-gt-up-for-auction-14078_1.jpg

01b94c21211ac89cb456daa960a97cf3.jpg

marks

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT Race Red Manual
Why does Ford have to make things so confusing????

All these options not only confuse but mean overheads are increased with the different production requirements.

Just make a track ready car that looks good - give me 480hp +, a stick shift and a decent sounding engine.

The GT350 was a great seller because it was simple with an intoxicating mix of performance and involvement.

13GetThere

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Lynn
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Premium PP2 Magnet Grey
On second thought, I don't think I'm so crazy about the FJG. With the orange stripes (not a fan of orange), it looses it's appeal to me.
I don't understand why Ford wouldn't offer an AP with other colors for the HP MACh 1, and not just one color. After all, people don't all have the same favorite color.
By the way, I wonder if the interest in Fighter Jet Grey would be the same if it was the same grey, but they called it Ghost Grey, or Gunsmoke Grey, or something else. I've seen a lot of grey fighter jets in my time, but I don't think I've seen one that was the same shade of grey as the FJG MACh 1. Just an observation.

Sponsored

shogun32

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT/PP, '23 GB Mach1, '12 Audi S5 (v8+6mt)
Vehicle Showcase
FJG is the color more typically used on the underside of the planes especially for arctic duty. Dodge has battleship gray. The Shelby guys have Avalanche and Leadfoot. the various pictures have varying lighting conditions so it's hard to say but FJG strikes me as very, very close to Avalanche with a slightly different tone - more white. I need to see them side by side...

Abyss is my favorite gray but it's a little strong on the blue.

Strokerswild

Shallow and Pedantic
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
Things With Wheels
I prefer Dodge's Battleship Gray to FJG.....

No matter, the only way to FJG is with weird orange accents.

Jimmy G

Hangin' about, waitin'..
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Bullitt
I'm pretty sure FJG is the Appearance Package.
No.

The Appearance Package is the stripes . You can buy a Mach 1 without the Appearance Pack, just like you can buy one without the Handling Pack. If you buy a Fighter Jet Gray Mach 1, Ford force you to get the Appearance Pack (and I'm sure you pay the extra accordingly). It's mandatory on the Fighter Jet Gray Mach 1.

Sponsored

GreenS550

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bob
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Premium 2020 Explorer Limited
10R80: Yes, a bit of delay. However, when you put the car in the different drive modes it makes more of a difference than the stick. I find myself driving in "track" with the gear lever in "sport". Shifts quicker. In manual mode the car stays in manual until you come to a stop. And, just driving in a fixed gear, say 4th through curves is just as fun as your Bullitt. Rent a 18+ in auto and drive it! see if you likee!

I never though I would drift to an auto so quickly, but it spoiled me and I found the Bullitt sitting in the garage too much, hence the sale. However, if Ford gets the transmission quicker and a better torque converter, it will be the car to drive!

Also, here is a schedule from the general forums for ordering. I don't know if anyone has seen this.

https://www.mustang6g.com/forums/threads/2021-mustang-ordering-production-dates.145884/

IrishStallion

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 gt mustang
Well, dumping the mt-82 was a good move. Nice to see the Tremec back in a non-Shelby car again.

Take your meds Green. lol.

Twin Turbo

Super Moderator
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Paul
Vehicle(s)
Mustang '05 GT
No.

The Appearance Package is the stripes . You can buy a Mach 1 without the Appearance Pack, just like you can buy one without the Handling Pack. If you buy a Fighter Jet Gray Mach 1, Ford force you to get the Appearance Pack (and I'm sure you pay the extra accordingly). It's mandatory on the Fighter Jet Gray Mach 1.
Nope, I don't think that's correct.

All Mach 1s will come with stripes. The Appearance Package adds orange pinstripes, orange calipers and orange seat stripes and it's only available on JFG.

If you don't get the appearance package, you'll get either red or white pinstripes and red calipers (and no seat stripe).

At least, that's how I read the press release.

The only way we'll know for sure is when the order guides come out.

:)

MNEBHPP

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
1992 GT Convertible, 2020 Ecoboost HPP Coupe
Update: A Ford spokesperson definitively clarified that the Mach 1's round grille inserts are strictly for show.

“The round inserts on the grille flanking the Mustang logo are a solid, nonfunctional feature of the newly designed front end on the new 2021 Ford Mustang Mach 1. While the ground grille inserts can be removed by customers, they were not designed as a means for additional cooling. The new Mach 1 fully meets all of our track cooling requirements with those inserts in place. Theoretically, they could be removed and customers will get additional airflow, but at the compromise of increased front lift.”

You would think that with all of the fancy LED lights we have now a days, they could have come up with something better than "faux".

Twin Turbo

Super Moderator
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Paul
Vehicle(s)
Mustang '05 GT