This is the brand new 2021 Mustang Mach-1

Jmtoast

Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
2018 Roush GT
Vehicle Showcase
Stangmode's video. If you're not a fan, keep it on mute, at least until the end where you can here the Mach 1 start up.

Also, a few errors in the narration. The Fighter Jet Gray IS available on the non-handling pack (he refers to it as the Performance Pack).

I like the look of trust fighter jet grey Mach 1 more than any other mustang, period. I’d supercharge that and leave it as is. Just beautiful.

Advertisement

Hack

Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang, Fiesta
Stangmode's video. If you're not a fan, keep it on mute, at least until the end where you can here the Mach 1 start up.

Also, a few errors in the narration. The Fighter Jet Gray IS available on the non-handling pack (he refers to it as the Performance Pack).

Thanks for posting. It was good to see the car in a video, but ugghh he misspeaks a lot and says incorrect things a lot. I probably couldn't do better, but that's why I don't try to make videos.

EvilMerlin

Reaction score
First Name
Bill
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350 - Ford Performance Blue with Black/Magnetic stripes.
I really don't understand the hate for the Mach1. GT owners are getting a bit uppity me thinks. I do think the Bullitt was a bit to specific and limited appeal.

But the Mach1 is a bit more known in the Mustang world.

The 03 and 04 Mach1s sold out and sold well.

So I'm wondering if the Mach1 for 2021 is going to be a 2 year or 5 year special edition. If 5 year it does bring us to the new Mustang model...

Twin Turbo

Super Moderator
Reaction score
First Name
Paul
Vehicle(s)
Mustang '05 GT
So I'm wondering if the Mach1 for 2021 is going to be a 2 year or 5 year special edition. If 5 year it does bring us to the new Mustang model...
S650 is coming for the '23MY, so we'll have two years of Mach 1 :like:

DarthMalice

Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Premium AT 3.55 comp orange
Just got back from Carlisle...I am going to do my best to get an Orange non-track package Mach 1. Car looks phenomenal to me.

Twin Turbo

Super Moderator
Reaction score
First Name
Paul
Vehicle(s)
Mustang '05 GT
Errrrr, hood vents? Yep, it has hood vents, just as all '18+ S550s do.

If you mean a shaker, it's already been explained that to make it functional would have meant a mess of trying to duct air to the actual intake, and it wouldn't have offered any more performance so they didn't do it. Besides, the shaker was never stock on the '69/70, it was always an option.

MaskedRacerX

Driver
Reaction score
First Name
DT
Vehicle(s)
19 Mustang GT convertible, Orange Fury + Ebony, A10/PP/AE/MS/B&O
Just got back from Carlisle...I am going to do my best to get an Orange non-track package Mach 1. Car looks phenomenal to me.
Yeah, I'd love to see a TP car in orange, without any graphics/stripes/etc.

Advertisement

shogun32

Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT+PP, EB+PP, SS+1LE, 2020 F150
Vehicle Showcase
Errrrr, hood vents? Yep, it has hood vents, just as all '18+ S550s do
it has completely WORTHLESS hood vents for track duty. This was supposed to be a track-ready car.
The modern GT350 slot in the hood should have been the minimum.

Last edited:

Hack

Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang, Fiesta
Errrrr, hood vents? Yep, it has hood vents, just as all '18+ S550s do.

If you mean a shaker, it's already been explained that to make it functional would have meant a mess of trying to duct air to the actual intake, and it wouldn't have offered any more performance so they didn't do it. Besides, the shaker was never stock on the '69/70, it was always an option.
Either that or he meant something like the '69 Shelbys and '71 Boss 351s had. My assumption was he wanted NACA ducts based on his post.

SINBUSTER007

Reaction score
First Name
Brian
Vehicle(s)
19 Edge ST, 17 Escape, 12 Boss, 15 GT, 66 V8 Coupe Auto, Kids Boss 302
The engineer today said a 2 yr run for Mach 1
I really don't understand the hate for the Mach1. GT owners are getting a bit uppity me thinks. I do think the Bullitt was a bit to specific and limited appeal.

But the Mach1 is a bit more known in the Mustang world.

The 03 and 04 Mach1s sold out and sold well.

engineer said today 2 yr model run on Mach 1. I didnt ask about colors.

martinjlm

Retired from GM
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Camaro Fifty SS Convertible
Can we see some other colors? Are there other colors there or are they still showing the same Fighter Jet Grey and Velocity Blue cars? Love to see it in black.
Remember in the one video the day after the reveal the Ford rep stated that those were the only two built cars.

Twin Turbo has been posting shots of newly completed cars in the stockyard, but they were probably built too late to slot into the traveling show. And are probably already earmarked for dealer allotments.

GT 550

Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Black GT MT S550
Liking the front facia but does anyone know what the design thinking was behind the recesses in the grille? Not sure what to call them since they don't appear functional. Just a nod to previous model lights?

Maybe Ford thought they'd put the recesses in there because if they don't the aftermarket will.

Twin Turbo

Super Moderator
Reaction score
First Name
Paul
Vehicle(s)
Mustang '05 GT
Remember in the one video the day after the reveal the Ford rep stated that those were the only two built cars.

Twin Turbo has been posting shots of newly completed cars in the stockyard, but they were probably built too late to slot into the traveling show. And are probably already earmarked for dealer allotments.
I believe the ones I've posted were TT (Tool Trialing.....I think that what the TT stands for!)......so will be, I assume, crushed :crying:

Twin Turbo

Super Moderator
Reaction score
First Name
Paul
Vehicle(s)
Mustang '05 GT
Liking the front facia but does anyone know what the design thinking was behind the recesses in the grille? Not sure what to call them since they don't appear functional. Just a nod to previous model lights?

Maybe Ford thought they'd put the recesses in there because if they don't the aftermarket will.
Like the Boss 302 grille, these "blanks" can be removed for extra cooling :)

Advertisement

Advertisement

46 - Roush Performance - 3
Advertisement