Sponsored

This is the brand new 2021 Mustang Mach-1

martinjlm

Retired from GM
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Camaro Fifty SS Convertible
I just went back and read the press release. It gives me the impression that JFG and Orange Accent stripes ARE the appearance package and it does not say that the Handling Package is required to order the Appearance Package. In fact, I recall Jim Owens talking about the Handling Package and the Appearance Package and a third package (Technology?) and stating that they are all independent.
Sponsored

mjr1989

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT Performance Pack
I just went back and read the press release. It gives me the impression that JFG and Orange Accent stripes ARE the appearance package and it does not say that the Handling Package is required to order the Appearance Package. In fact, I recall Jim Owens talking about the Handling Package and the Appearance Package and a third package (Technology?) and stating that they are all independent.
Yes, I think that's where the confusion lies.
The Appearance Package is the orange accents, stripes, and calipers.
The Handling Package is the multi-spoke tarnish wheels, the Cup 2 tires, and the Shelby rear wing.
The Handling Package will be available in all colors offered for the Mach 1.
The Appearance Package will only be offered for cars in Fighter Jet Gray.

martinjlm

Retired from GM
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I think we'll find that FJG *IS* the appearance package.
Exactly.
Appearance Package:
  • Fighter Jet Grey paint
  • Orange accent stripes
  • Orange caliper covers
  • Orange stripe on seats
And according to Jim Owens, you can order any combination of Appearance Pkg, Technology Pkg, and Handling Pkg,

At 4:55 of this video Jim Owens tells REvan Evan that the Appearance Package can be ordered with or without the Handling Package. The car they are looking at has both.

Last edited:

phsc84

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Philip
Vehicle(s)
Ford Mustang Mach 1 (2021)
What does the technology package include? That's the first time I've heard about it.

Sponsored

GForensic

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Future Mach 1/GT500 Owner
Good stuff he did say at the very end of his talk the car will be out next year. Summer tires spring 2021 ?

So will the same 4.5 inch exhaust tips be on the base model as well or only with the handling package? Since i wouldn't track this car my plan is to get a loaded base Mach 1 with the A10 and maybe the appearance package depending on how good the Fighter Jet Gray looks in person. If not, then velocity blue! I also thought it was interesting that you cannot get performance blue on the base car because they don't consider the base a "performance" car.

Sponsored

martinjlm

Retired from GM
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
What does the technology package include? That's the first time I've heard about it.
Technology Package was my mistake. At one point in the video, Jim Owens was talking about how ordering with the packages was independent. I thought he said three packages and figured Tech would be the third ( ala GT350, GT500). He did NOT say three. There are only TWO packages, Handling, and Appearance. You can order one, you can order both, you can opt to not order either. If you order Appearance, your car will be FJG. If you don’t order Appearance, your car will not be FJG. Sorry for the confusion.

marks

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT Race Red Manual
Watching the videos, Ford were definitely right not to put the shaker hood on the Mach, the shaker hoods look awful and do nothing for performance

marks

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT Race Red Manual
What are we thinking the quarter mile times and 0-60 will be on the performance package Mach 1? Better than GT350? Obviously talking stock here

shogun32

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT/PP, '23 GB Mach1, '12 Audi S5 (v8+6mt)
Vehicle Showcase
Technology Package was my mistake.
maybe, maybe not. INstead of all the googah electronic whiney's being ala carte, Ford might finally get smart and group them like they did on the Bullitt. Afterall, if you want any of the electronic BS, you're likely to want all of it.
Sponsored

Last edited: