Sponsored

This is OBNOXIOUS, PS5 and X box Series X availability.

OP
OP
GMONSTAH

GMONSTAH

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joe
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT PP1
Vehicle Showcase
Whoa bro! Super mario Bros, Donkey Kong, and Techmo Bowl are where it's at. Give me a Super Nintendo any day. I tried playing COD with my older son a couple years back on the PS4, maybe the PS3, I don't recall. I couldn't even get out of the back of the damn transport truck without getting killed. They still laugh at me about that. I did play a lot of Madden on the 3, not very well, but I enjoyed it.
Yeah, I’m with you on that! You can’t compete with teens jacked up on Mountain Dew...
Sponsored

Dfeeds

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
1997 Mustang (5.0 HO swap), 2019 Mustang GT PP1
It's not just the consoles. I wanted to upgrade my processor and GPU but everything is out of stock beyond ebay or some sellers on Amazon selling them for at least a hundred dollar mark up. Ever since the bitcoin stuff, new tech has been extremely difficult to get a hold of around release. At least, from my perspective.

Cobra Jet

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 EB Prem. w/PP and 94 Mustang Cobra

samd1351

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Sam
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT, 1999 Ranger
Yeah, I’m with you on that! You can’t compete with teens jacked up on Mountain Dew...
Now it's Monster instead of Mt. Dew.

Both my boys now play on the PC instead of consoles, although one has a PS4 and the other an Xbox one. Too many buttons and triggers and combos to know. give me a d-pad and a couple of buttons and I'm good to go.

TBH though, I'd much rather play cards or dominoes or actual board game. That's the boomer in me though.

Zelek

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang Mach 1
I'm trying to build a PC right now. I was able to get an RTX 3080 from EVGA's site since they're actually combating scalpers and doing it on based when you clicked on the notify button.

The problem now is I can't get the processor I want.... Almost getting to the point where I just want to say F it, sell the card and wait for this supply/demand wave to just end one day because this is so ridiculous. I'll just stick with the PS5.

Sponsored

shogun32

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT/PP, '23 GB Mach1, '12 Audi S5 (v8+6mt)
Vehicle Showcase
I have an Xbox One new in box, 2yrs sitting on the shelf. :) Housemate plays Xbox religiously for 4-5hrs every Fri/Sat. Me, I post incendiary options on M6G. I have an original Xbox if I feel like doing any gaming. My "gaming" PC blew a power supply almost 2 years ago, couldn't be bothered to install the new one.

How much of all this high-falutin specs really needed though?

OP
OP
GMONSTAH

GMONSTAH

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joe
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT PP1
Vehicle Showcase
OP
OP
GMONSTAH

GMONSTAH

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joe
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT PP1
Vehicle Showcase
The question comes down to this: would you rather shell out the cash for a Ferrari, or build up a Mustang that eats them for lunch?
Weeeeeeelllll (fidgets, slides ballcap to the side and back)

OP
OP
GMONSTAH

GMONSTAH

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joe
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT PP1
Vehicle Showcase
I used to build my own PC's back in the day. I built a wicked spec'd machine for when Doom 3 came out in 2005. Actually paid $1,800 for a 32" LCD!

A few weeks ago a picked up this MSI GS66 as kind of an impulse buy, kinda not. Kinda wanted to dabble back into PC games remembering all the fun times I had with Half Life 2. Still playing Day of Defeat on this thing...

63BB7DB3-29E4-4726-BDFF-2C57E65CA269.jpeg

I kinda don't have the time anymore to research parts and select components.

OP
OP
GMONSTAH

GMONSTAH

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joe
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT PP1
Vehicle Showcase
Give me your price target, and I'll put together a build. The biggest issue is that you basically can't buy the CPU/GPU right now.
I'm lucky enough to have a Microcenter a few exits down the highway, they seem to be well stocked. Of course, I don't know what the hot CPU is these days, but I do know their CPU case looked packed.

Sponsored

shogun32

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT/PP, '23 GB Mach1, '12 Audi S5 (v8+6mt)
Vehicle Showcase
If they have AMD 5000-series processors, and 6000-series GPU's I will legit pay you to pick some stuff up for me.
microcenter is 12 miles from me. But no stock in your choices. Geezus when did CPUs get this expensive? I'm using to paying a king's random ($300) for cpu. Not well over a grand. Need to buy more AMD stock I guess.

tcman54

Stanghead
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Terry
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ecoboost
Vehicle Showcase
I have built my computers for years, used to live just down the street from Tiger Direct.

No, one cant play console games on the PC, but most tiles have been ported from consoles and vice versa. Even a middle spec'd gaming PC will offer huge advantages over consoles.

Balr14

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
BMW Z4 M40i
I used to love to play PC games, because I could mod the hell out of them. But, all my family members play XBox, so I had to go along with them. I found out I could mod many XBox 360 games, so that was OK. But, family got sort of annoyed with me doing that, so I had to stop it. I can't do it on newer consoles, anyway.

The biggest issue I had when building my own PCs was they had about the same life expectancy as bananas. I would just about have all my glitches sorted out and all of my tools working and something better would come out.

Zelek

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang Mach 1
At this rate, I may end up with a Tiger Lake processor. Forget the AMD madness. Don't need all those cores for basic computer use and games.

RPDBlueMoon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT350 Heritage Edition, Civic Type R
I love my Ps5, can’t say I’d ever want Xbox. I have PlayStation plus prepaid til 2035 myself. Lol bought 20 years worth at once.

I didn’t like the new Ps5 controllers because they felt bigger than my PS4. But now I love them.

I put the ps4 pro in another room, now I’ve been buying cross gen versions of games
And my gf plays on PS4 pro and I play Ps5 same games together. Works out nicely

PS4 games work on Ps5 but if you pay a few extra you get Ps4 and Ps5 if they offer it, so the 5 gets upgraded graphics but can have two consoles play same purchase
I've always liked PlayStation but you cannot deny how good of a deal the Xbox game pass is. My buddy convinced me to get the Xbox One X, and I don't really like it, I still prefer the PlayStation but man there are so many free games that it is ridiculous.

I hate the interface of the Xbox and I hate how they handle the controllers. I made the mistake of getting Xbox Elite controller and that was the biggest hunk of crap I ever spent money on. I hate how you cant charge the controllers by just pulling them in. I bought the amazon adapter and the controller is still fucked. I dont really like anything about the xbox but the game is an incredible deal. I wish PlayStation would have that. They actually dialed back the benefits of PS Plus, I remember I had it for the PS3 when it first came out and they gave you like 4 free games a month. I noticed that when it became mandatory, you didn't get that many games.
Sponsored

Last edited: