Sponsored

This is my first Mustang. How did your first make you feel?

Patrick S

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Premium 50 year Ap/Pkg
my first Mustang made me feel like king of the road. my new mustang makes me feel like a god of the road.

It is a fantastic feeling when there is no car that exists that makes me jealous.
Sponsored

Roman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT, 2013 Fusion
I come from a Mustang family. Dad worked for Ford and back in the company car days, he'd always have the latest Mustang during the summers. What I consider "my" first Mustang was my moms 1990 GT convertible, auto. She happened to get it right before my 16th birthday. Now, I learned to drive on an 81 Fairmont wagon, stick, but I took my drivers test in the 90 GT. After that, it was basically mine since my mom was a stay at home mom and my dad worked close by. Let me tell you, that car turned me from a reasonably well liked average kid in HS to a stud. All of a sudden cheerleaders were talking to me and I was invited to parties and all that. Not to mention a number of...ahem..."firsts" that occurred while parked in that car. Not only were my peers jealous of me, but their parents too. I had more than one parent tell me that it was too much car for a kid and blah blah blah. I drove that all through HS. When I went to college I got a Probe GT for the FWD and low price.

Fast forward 21-22 years later and my parents were trying to clean out the house and garage. I was living in Queens, NYC and was tired of feeling trapped in the city and relying on the subway and Zipcars to get around. We resurrected the 90 GT and I had it for about 3 years as a toy. A very expensive, not at all reliable, bucket of bolts toy (it had sat idle for about 15 years). But damn it was fun to relive some of the glory days.

I also had an 01 GT stick and that was a badass car. The grunt, the sound, the raw feel. There was nothing like it. It was a point and shoot car; I remember my 97 Probe had better handling, but it didn't have the smile factor that this car had.

I'm patiently saving up money and waiting for the 16 or 17. (can't afford to take the plunge until then)

Axe

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT
My first was a 79 Mustang Ghia 4 cylinder. Mostly it made me feel embarrassed, as I would get passed going up hill by tractor trailers. I was never a fan of Mustangs from 71 on up until the S95s, but I was young and thought having a Mustang was the cool thing to do, even though I found it visually blah!

I still remember where I was the first time I saw an S197, and when I saw the new car in person - I think it moved!

Sponsored

JimmyTwoTimes

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium
Buying a Mustang is the only good decision I've ever made in my life.

TiE2000

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 DIB GT Premium, with saddle interior
I'm still waiting on my first Mustang. I've always admired them, but never really wanted to own one until the coyote was introduced.

Since I was 16, I've always loved sports cars of all makes and models. Growing up in the late 90's and early 00's, the cars to have where turbo charged imports. My parents did not want me to own anything sporty, as they thought I would do nothing but street race (they where probably right) They helped me out in getting a Jeep Wrangler. I loved that Jeep to death, but I was always envious of all the guys with fast sport cars.

My best friend, ended up getting a N/A 94 Supra Traga. And that car kicked ass! Most of my young adult life was spent in that car, going for long drives and you know doing guy stuff. Many good memories where made, and to be honest even though we now live 1600 miles apart, we are still close friends and we relive many memories from that car.

Fast forward 15 years later, I have my own family, job and responsibilities and a lot of great memories, but I'm still find myself wanting a fast sporty car. As always I keep up on the new car happenings, and was almost sold on a 13 Camaro SS/RS. As I was doing my usual faux shopping, my Wife turns to me one day and says, "what about a Mustang? I've always LOVED Mustangs" About that time was Ford was ready to reveal the styling for the S550. After the first glimps, I fell in love and knew that was the car for me.

Now here I am, impatiently, waiting for my car to be built, and re-live some of my youth with my 8 year old son and get back to those long nights of pointless driving and huge smiles.

70monte

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Mustang GT
My first Mustang is my 14 GT. I've pretty much been an all GM guy since my second car which was a 1970 Monte Carlo which I still have today.(27 years). I really became interested in Mustangs when my fiancee bought a used 2007 Mustang GT with only 6,900 miles on it in March of 2010. When I heard the car start up in the show room of the Toyota dealership it was at, I was hooked.

Last year when I decided to get my own performance type car, I looked at the main three and settled on the Mustang. So far no real regrets and I plan on enjoying the car for quite some time.

Wayne

humster21

Black Mustang Lover
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kris
Vehicle(s)
15 Black EB Premium w/PP
Just found out at Thanksgiving that I was pretty close to being born in a Mustang(66 Vert). My Dad drove my Mom to the hospital in the 66 to bring me into the world and it's been a love affair ever since. My Dad was a Ford guy, but it seemed he was more of a fix it up and sell it kinda guy more. He is on car #123 now and six of those had been Mustangs. I always liked looking at them at a young age and could pick them out in traffic.

At age 12 my parents divorced and I lived with my Mom. My Dad never really understood quality time with his kids, but I always seemed to want that. I had a friend come to me at work and tell me he had a friend that had a WW 65 Mustang Coupe w/ a 289 for sale. I took a day and went to go see it. The guy who owned it bought it new, ran it hard, and made it a show pony. They used it in local parades and he rebuilt Mustangs as a job. The car was in great shape. New interior, fairly new paint, and the car started up after sitting for 5 years. I was 19 years old and bought my first car for $4000.

I got to drive that car for about three months until the transmission went out on it, but that car was my entry into a different world. That car was fast, kinda scary with no seat belts, and I learned about modding. This was my chance to spend time with my dad. I didn't quite get the time to be with him and now 18 years later the car is still in my garage. It is still my goal to finish it. Hopefully one day I can spend time with my kids finishing it.

Since that 65 Stang that is all I've wanted to drive. I got a full time job after college and bought a Dark Satin Green 99 GT Coupe. I had a bunch of problems with that car when I moved to CA and traded it for a 2002 Ranger Tremor. When I moved back to PA I needed a Mustang again and got a 2005 v6 Vert. That car did me well till last Tuesday. The 2015 has been everything I hoped so far.

Sponsored
OP
OP
ponyup

ponyup

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Magnetic PP Ecoboost, 2013 Volvo XC60r-Design
Had a mom follow me in to the market asking me if that was my Mustang. After I told her yes she asked me what motor was, but before I could answer she recited every motor available and explained that her son and husband have been talking about and stalking the car online and that they were going to be so jealous that she saw one first. Then I answered her, Ecoboost. She asked how it felt. I told her very quick. She giggled and said she couldn't wait to tell them because the family was leaning that way. I hope they are as happy as I am...

wjones14

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bill
Vehicle(s)
2018 Camaro 2SS 1LE; Sold: 2005 Mustang GT
In 1984 I bought a new Camaro Z28 5-speed with the L69 H.O. 305 engine option. At the time, I would buy nothing but GM, and this car rocked. One day at work a co-worker with a Ford Capri 5.0 told me his car would take mine, and I just brushed it off. A few days or so later, we got next to each other on the highway, and he did indeed show me who was boss as he pulled away easily. :hail:

I started reading up on the Ford 5.0, and learned that it owned the muscle car wars in the '80s, so I bought a 1987 Mustang GT with the 5-speed and 225 horsepower 5.0. That car didn't really handle or brake well, but man was it a friggin' brute! The engine made up for all its sins. It was just so fast compared to most other cars of the day, that by brute force there were few cars that could keep up with it on any kind of road.

And not only was this MY first Mustang, but I ended up selling it to a 15 year old kid who didn't even have his license yet, so his very first car was a 5.0 Mustang. I had serious misgivings about selling it to him, but my wife said his money was as green as anyone else's, and if he didn't buy mine he was going to just find another one. Here's a pic of me handing over the keys to the kid with the baggy pants - I can only imagine what happened to that car...
Keys.jpg
Sponsored