Sponsored

This is my first Mustang. How did your first make you feel?

FoMoCo_Man

***** Stalker
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-150
The first time I drove a Mustang was in the summer of 2008. It was at a family reunion, and a cousin had a silver 2007 V6 with the Automatic. He noticed that I really liked it, and he asked me if I would like to drive it. I thought he was kidding, but he wasn't. He slid the seat all the way forward(I was only 12), and I got in. By this time I was wordlessly ecstatic. I started the car, and he told me to rev it a bit. I put it in gear and drove on the gravel road by the cabin we were having the reunion at. At one point, he told me to stop, then gun it. What a rush. Yes, it was only a V6, but I was used to how a Windstar accelerated. I think that I might have thanked him about forty times for letting me drive his car. Ever since that day, I have been hooked on all things Ford, but mainly Mustangs. I think I drive my family crazy with how much I love Mustangs. Because of where I live, I need 4x4, so I don't have a Mustang.:( If we lived on a highway or in town, I would most definitely have one. After college I plan on purchasing a Mustang. I'd rather not get a Foxbody, because the SN-95's are so much better. I'll flip if I get a crazy good deal on a pre-refresh S197 GT with a manual. It's really cool to read everyone's stories about their first Mustang, and I can't wait to get my hands on the first one that will truly be mine. In due time I'll buy a S550, but it's gonna be a while. ;)

JoeDogInKC

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joe
Vehicle(s)
Triple Yellow 2015 GT Premium w/PP
^ Ha This, even with my 2yr old in the back seat.
Yeah, 8 and 12 year old girls here. Doesn't matter at all to the ladies. It's funny when the kids come home and tell my wife about me being hit on in the drive-thru. :p

Bryman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
I can relate to this thread. The reason I am getting a 2015 is because of how my 2006 GT made me feel two cars ago. The glorious sound of the motor. The way it drove and handled. The ability to roast the tires on command or just have a comfortable ride home. The way it always put a smile on my face no matter how crappy the day was. It was the first car I really had an emotional connection with. And it never disappointed. 9 years later I still miss the feeling, and this is why I ordered my 2015 same color, same wheel style, and as close as possible to my last.

Sponsored

leftywayn

Past Mustangs
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mazda3
I can relate to this thread. The reason I am getting a 2015 is because of how my 2006 GT made me feel two cars ago. The glorious sound of the motor. The way it drove and handled. The ability to roast the tires on command or just have a comfortable ride home. The way it always put a smile on my face no matter how crappy the day was. It was the first car I really had an emotional connection with. And it never disappointed. 9 years later I still miss the feeling, and this is why I ordered my 2015 same color, same wheel style, and as close as possible to my last.
Simply put, concise.
:ford:I'm still thinking about what I want to say on the subject.

UOP Shadow

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
88 GT, 50 LE Kona blue
My first car @ 17 years old was a used 76 Mustang ghia with a 302. I loved it and I learned a lot about fixing cars because it needed repairs every 6 months or so.

Nothing beats the memories of my first car. Except maybe the memories we're making in our 2013 GT500. Such a huge difference between my first Mustang and our current Mustang.

OP
OP
ponyup

ponyup

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Magnetic PP Ecoboost, 2013 Volvo XC60r-Design
I had a Fox body Mercury Capri..It had the straight six and a 1 barrel carburetor. It was screaming yellow with a black interior. It looked amazing but the engine was such a dog that to this day I refuse to think of it as anything close to a Mustang. Now my first generation Capri with a Cologne V-6 and a 4-speed manual is a whole different story...great car. I consider this purchase to be my first Mustang adventure. Can't
wait!

leftywayn

Past Mustangs
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mazda3
Ordered a 1987 5.0 LX, and picked it up in Dec. of 86.

I must've stalled the thing 15 times just trying to get the car out of the dealer parking lot. It took me almost 2 hours to get home. My standard transmission skills at the time were not as good as I thought.

Once I got the hang of it this car was an absolute thrill. Fast, powerful, light, tossable and comfortable. Kept it for twelve years, and sold it with 87k miles on it.

The car made me feel powerful.

erne75

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT w/ PP
This is going to be my first Mustang as well. I was in my 20s in the 90's and that was the era of the great Japanese rice burners: rx7s, 300zx tt, supras, eclipses and 3000gt. Those have been the cars that I've always considered for my transportation needs. My brother at one point had an early fox body Mustang but I never got into them.

Right now, though, the Mustang is the best deal you can get when it comes to a reasonable priced performance car. My other option was a scooby WRX. The Mustang clearly won my heart. The also Camaro offers a similar deal with a great engine but in my opinion it looks butt ugly and I dont think the design will age well.

Interesting enough my first car ever was a Ford. A 85 Ford Tempo that I bought in 1996 for $500 cash. When I got people will tell me what a pos it was and how it will just give me problems. I drove that car with no AC for two yers and never gave me any trouble. I junked it for $100 and it was still going...

Sponsored

1FatSlag

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nothing fun yet
My first (and only) Mustang was a 1966 GT Fastback, red with black pony interior... She was rusty. She'd been stabled in a barn for the better part of a decade and no longer ran, and although I had never so much as changed an oil filter before, I knew I was going to bring her back to life, that there was no other car I could possibly buy and be happy with, knowing that this one existed. She was my first car, and I was only 16.

I went out to this guy's land every weekend for 3 or 4 months to work on her, and he and my dad taught me how to diagnose problems and assisted me while I replaced the ignition, purged the rusted out fuel lines, extracted the skeletons of birds and mice from various parts of the interior, replaced the brake pads and rotors, set the timing, and learned how to work a stick. I loved the way she smelled, the way the vinyl seats sounded when I sat on them, I would run my hand over the curve of the fastback roof every time I saw her, like I was petting an animal.

The first time she turned over I was absolutely overwhelmed, and felt a rush of pride and adrenaline unlike anything I've felt since. The exhaust pipes were rusted out so it sounded like she was running open headers, the whole car shook when I pressed the gas pedal. I felt like I could do anything, like there was no problem I couldn't solve. There was a moment that I will never forget, when I was driving her to a parts store and I understood for the first time what freedom was, where I stopped taking for granted that my life was full of choices and options and that I could make it, just like the car, anything I wanted. It was a right of passage for me, owning that car.

The final time I went to the guy's land to drive her home, he looked at me and told me that it was his pleasure to see the way I looked at the car, and told me that I only owed him $250. I hugged him and left with $4,750 in my pocket, when before I wasn't sure if it would be enough.

When I pulled into my parents driveway for the first time, the uber sexy brunette girl-next-door who was a couple grades older than me, and way out of my league at the time, leaned out the second story balcony in a bra and shorts and howled, throwing up horns.

I could go on and on about the emotional connection I felt (and still feel) towards this car, and how when I sold her it was the first time I'd cried in many years, but I think this should give you a pretty good idea of how it made me feel. I've been patiently waiting ever since for Ford to make a Mustang that moves me in the same way when I look at it, and the S550 hits every single mark. If it invokes a quarter of the emotion in me that my 66 did, I am sure it will be the second best purchase I've ever made.

62Telecaster

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2005 Ranger Edge
Most cars feel like appliances...best thing about having a vehicle with a heritage to it is that you always feel like there's something more to it than just something that drives you from point A to point B. I'm looking forward to getting attached to this thing.

Bryman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
My first (and only) Mustang was a 1966 GT Fastback, red with black pony interior... She was rusty. She'd been stabled in a barn for the better part of a decade and no longer ran, and although I had never so much as changed an oil filter before, I knew I was going to bring her back to life, that there was no other car I could possibly buy and be happy with, knowing that this one existed. She was my first car, and I was only 16.

I went out to this guy's land every weekend for 3 or 4 months to work on her, and he and my dad taught me how to diagnose problems and assisted me while I replaced the ignition, purged the rusted out fuel lines, extracted the skeletons of birds and mice from various parts of the interior, replaced the brake pads and rotors, set the timing, and learned how to work a stick. I loved the way she smelled, the way the vinyl seats sounded when I sat on them, I would run my hand over the curve of the fastback roof every time I saw her, like I was petting an animal.

The first time she turned over I was absolutely overwhelmed, and felt a rush of pride and adrenaline unlike anything I've felt since. The exhaust pipes were rusted out so it sounded like she was running open headers, the whole car shook when I pressed the gas pedal. I felt like I could do anything, like there was no problem I couldn't solve. There was a moment that I will never forget, when I was driving her to a parts store and I understood for the first time what freedom was, where I stopped taking for granted that my life was full of choices and options and that I could make it, just like the car, anything I wanted. It was a right of passage for me, owning that car.

The final time I went to the guy's land to drive her home, he looked at me and told me that it was his pleasure to see the way I looked at the car, and told me that I only owed him $250. I hugged him and left with $4,750 in my pocket, when before I wasn't sure if it would be enough.

When I pulled into my parents driveway for the first time, the uber sexy brunette girl-next-door who was a couple grades older than me, and way out of my league at the time, leaned out the second story balcony in a bra and shorts and howled, throwing up horns.

I could go on and on about the emotional connection I felt (and still feel) towards this car, and how when I sold her it was the first time I'd cried in many years, but I think this should give you a pretty good idea of how it made me feel. I've been patiently waiting ever since for Ford to make a Mustang that moves me in the same way when I look at it, and the S550 hits every single mark. If it invokes a quarter of the emotion in me that my 66 did, I am sure it will be the second best purchase I've ever made.
Now that's a great story. Ford should pay you and make this into a commercial.

souprmage

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT w/PP 50th Appearance

Triple Wile E

Paxton'd Wile E
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Shane
Vehicle(s)
2015 TYPP Mustang GT
My first mustang was a 04 Cobra mystichrome man I do miss that car but at the time I thought it was too rare to drive. I regret that I let it sit and be a garage queen, instead of just putting a pile of miles on it. I do know that was a handful to drive for my first mustang and the overall raw power was astounding. I bought it all stock and it ran a 12.5. My 2015's motor will never get cold.
Sponsored