This Is Ford's Plan To Fix The Mustang's Biggest Problem

theruleslawyer

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brian
Vehicle(s)
MB C350
That's every car's problem these days. Younger people just aren't as interested in cars. The costs associated with car just aren't practical. I've heard a lot of people talk about practically having to force getting a license on their kids. Bet the new mustang has a giant ipad on the dash like the mach e and lightning. Bet it also packs all the copilot stuff too.

WD Pro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lime GT
Vehicle Showcase
You can't lower the average age of the buyers if you keep inflating the price every year. You must be old and rich to be able to afford a Mustang nowadays.
Especially true for the export markets, the low fat zero sugar euro Mach 1’s are up at GT500 money … ! ($100,000).

Cheapest mustang available in the U.K. (before any trim or paint options) is now ÂŁ48,000 ($65,000).

WD :like:

Sponsored

Hi-PO Stang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Shelby GT500
Vlad hit the nail on the head. All manufacturers have put so many safety features and electronics into their cars that the young buyer who wants performance can not afford to purchase the sporty cars. Sometimes I think the auto companies don't want the performance cars affordable to young people because they are afraid the young people are not responsible enough.

2021 Mach 1

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
Mustang Mach 1
Vehicle Showcase
Especially true for the export markets, the low fat zero sugar euro Mach 1’s are up at GT500 money … ! ($100,000).

Cheapest mustang available in the U.K. (before any trim or paint options) is now ÂŁ48,000 ($65,000).

WD :like:
The combination of rising costs, poor build quality and let's see what fun is lost with the S650, will likely push me to a German sports car at some point. For example, there's no manual box for 2022 in the UK. Will we ever get a manual box back? Will the S650 go hybrid, AWD or non-naturally aspirated? It's only a matter of time before I go German and then EV.

Vlad Soare

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Vlad
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT 6MT
The combination of rising costs, poor build quality and let's see what fun is lost with the S650, will likely push me to a German sports car at some point. For example, there's no manual box for 2022 in the UK. Will we ever get a manual box back? Will the S650 go hybrid, AWD or non-naturally aspirated? It's only a matter of time before I go German and then EV.
German isn't much better. Boring flappy paddle gearboxes, teeth-shuttering suspensions, interior design that's more bland than drizzle, and an engine sound that's barely distinguishable from the noise of a ruptured muffler. Bland, soulless tools.

Last edited:

Sponsored

Mr. Met

06 Time Person ofthe Year
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
JJ
Vehicle(s)
2020 GTPP Premium, 2015 GT Premium, 1999 Expedition EB
Celebrity endorsements, such as from Vaughn Gittin Jr. and Joey Lagano...

Who?

Looked up the first nobody and he claims to be "a professional Fun-Haver".

Well, there you go folks.
disgusted-eww.gif

TonyNJ

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
First Name
Tony
Vehicle(s)
22 GT500HE Black Stripes, 20 GT350HE, 16 GT350R Ba
That's every car's problem these days. Younger people just aren't as interested in cars. The costs associated with car just aren't practical. I've heard a lot of people talk about practically having to force getting a license on their kids. Bet the new mustang has a giant ipad on the dash like the mach e and lightning. Bet it also packs all the copilot stuff too.
I agree. My 17yr old son is like, "a car just isn't on my radar right now. I'm ok with my bike and I get around fine." Can't say it was the same for me.

ice445

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ryan
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT 6MT
I'm a millennial, so they already got me, lol. IMO the main problem is that most of my generation grew up in the age when the Mustang was a performance joke, and clapped GT's were all congregated at the local trailer park. Couple that with fast and furious culture and millennials were never that interested in the domestic pony cars. Plus, none of my generation has any money for nonessential expensive items like sports cars (not here to debate if this is a sports car, its a two door coupe that's impractical for most), so even those that want one are settling for a used one a few years old or not getting one at all.

Good luck to Ford on that issue, it's certainly not likely to change no matter what they do with the car, unless they can magically halve the price of the GT. You'd think the Ecoboost would solve this issue, but unfortunately it doesn't because of the stigma. Hardly anyone will make fun of you for buying a GTI, but buy an Ecoboost and suddenly you don't have a "real" Mustang. It's a big turn off for many even if the car is an excellent performer for the price.

Oh, and as a side note, it's going to be hard to make the S650 better in a way that makes me want to upgrade. The coyote is worth the price of admission alone, even if the rest of the car wasn't what it is. I don't see how they can really top this engine. One of the best driving and auditory experiences that are affordable that I can think of.

Strokerswild

Shallow and Pedantic
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
Things With Wheels
You can't lower the average age of the buyers if you keep inflating the price every year. You must be old and rich to be able to afford a Mustang nowadays.
Nailed it.

Too expensive, not to mention too big and fat.
Sponsored