Sponsored

This is a excellent example f a Boss 302 on cars and bids

Hack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang, Camaro
I thought the Boss 302 engine was called Roadrunner, not Coyote. If I wanted a driver I wouldn't buy that car. IMO it's been sitting too much. Fine if it will just sit in the next owner's garage as well, but there could be issues if it's used as a car.

BombZombie

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jay Adam
Vehicle(s)
2017 Shelby Super Snake
I'll throw this out there...I hate seeing cars like this with such low miles. Run these things into the ground...

Sponsored

Tacticly

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Lee
Vehicle(s)
BMW M4
I thought the Boss 302 engine was called Roadrunner, not Coyote. If I wanted a driver I wouldn't buy that car. IMO it's been sitting too much. Fine if it will just sit in the next owner's garage as well, but there could be issues if it's used as a car.
Anyone who has owned and been around high end cars knows that’s a BS argument people stay away from very high mile performance cars and they drop like rocks if they are way over on miles and become money pits. They are secondary transportation like a motorcycle

Hack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang, Camaro
Anyone who has owned and been around high end cars knows that’s a BS argument people stay away from very high mile performance cars and they drop like rocks if they are way over on miles and become money pits. They are secondary transportation like a motorcycle
I remember what happened to the 1974 Malibu that my parents got when my grandma passed away. That was a beautiful vehicle that had extremely low miles at the time (mid 90s). Everything worked perfectly for a while. We went on a trip in it and during the trip the seals in the automatic transmission failed. Not the end of the world, but you don't get that kind of catastrophic failure of seals when a car is used regularly.

That's what I'm talking about. I also doubt the owner maintained the car very well. It probably hasn't had yearly oil changes or any maintenance to the transmission or rear diff fluid. But the new owner could go through all the systems, replace all the fluids, check and replace any seals that are getting stiff, etc. Unless the new owner won't be driving it either, then it can just sit in the garage like it has been.

Cobra Jet

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 EB Prem. w/PP and 94 Mustang Cobra
The engine in the 2012-13 B302 is the Roadrunner, but it's a derivative of the Coyote 5.0. Confusing, but think of it this way - the base engine is a Coyote with upgraded parts that make it a Roadrunner.

--

The 2013 B302 for auction is a nice B302, but for me and personal preference, I just think the 2012 B302 front end (hood to nose cone) is more aggressive looking and more "retro" looking than the 2013. Drivelines, chassis and interiors are pretty much exactly the same between model years...

Hack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang, Camaro
The engine in the 2012-13 B302 is the Roadrunner, but it's a derivative of the Coyote 5.0. Confusing, but think of it this way - the base engine is a Coyote with upgraded parts that make it a Roadrunner.

--

The 2013 B302 for auction is a nice B302, but for me and personal preference, I just think the 2012 B302 front end (hood to nose cone) is more aggressive looking and more "retro" looking than the 2013. Drivelines, chassis and interiors are pretty much exactly the same between model years...
It doesn't seem confusing to me. I just think they should have called it the correct name.

At one time I was looking seriously at Boss 302s. If I were to buy, I would either go with a blue 2012, a green 2013 or a black 2013 Boss 302 Laguna Seca. Any of those three seem awesome to me, but I don't like the other colors or versions as much.

Last edited:

Strokerswild

Shallow and Pedantic
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
Things With Wheels
I prefer the nose of the '12 and the rear of the '13 so I'm screwed.

Two friends have '12s, one is the silver and red LS. I love that LS, but the red grille and wheel accents are a little too much red for me.
Sponsored