N/A or GO HOME
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
ⓇⒾⒸⓀⓎ ⓈⓅⒶⓃⒾⓈⒽ
Vehicle(s)
'17 S550
Vehicle Showcase
Tells a story right here. These guys will never tell you the real deal :rolleyes:
gutted.jpg
Sponsored

ZRacerLE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ZR2 & ZLE A10
I'm looking to brag on the 500. How much in mods would it cost someone to have an 8 second car if they bought one?

biminiLX

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 GT500 and a few others
Tells a story right here. These guys will never tell you the real deal :rolleyes:
gutted.jpg
I watched the video from where you referenced it, still not seeing anything wrong there.
Steve has been an open book on going for 8s and showing both good and bad while modding to get there.
Very impressive car with Ford giving us a foundation with massive potential.
I think the only negative is weight, but that’s unfortunately a sign of the times and something I hope they address with the S650 Gen 7 chassis.
-J

biminiLX

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 GT500 and a few others
I'm looking to brag on the 500. How much in mods would it cost someone to have an 8 second car if they bought one?
I not want to speak for Steve, but there’s full mod list in the PBD video.
I recommend you never add up the full mod list as it’s surprise you don’t want to know most times :)
-J

Sponsored

Nos-pete

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Pete
Vehicle(s)
2018 mustang GT 5.0 A-10 Whipple Charged 989 RWHP....2020 Shelby GT500
Vehicle Showcase
I'm not a drag racer (besides coming out of turns). How much do the mods cost to get these numbers?

In your opinion, what would be the next best platform to get to these numbers and how much would that cost (if you have an idea)?
Great question zracer id say roughly less then $15k if your doing your own labor and maybe a bit less if you happen to get a few deals here and there. Depending on who you know. And more like $20k if you want a decent set of wheels..

next best platform would be 2018 up S550 GT 10R80 gen5 Whipple and everything that goes around it but in the end you don’t have a GT500 super car. I own both and that’s where it’s at sorry for the gm guys and there new C-8 and ZL/1 cause they don’t won’t and never will perform like anything blueoval

WildHorse

N/A or GO HOME
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
ⓇⒾⒸⓀⓎ ⓈⓅⒶⓃⒾⓈⒽ
Vehicle(s)
'17 S550
Vehicle Showcase
next best platform would be 2018 up S550 GT 10R80
Sorry, the best drag race platform would be 15-17 GT / 6R80 car. Better than the 10R80 a certainly much better than the GT500.

Chris2020GT500

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.careeup.tech
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
2022 GT500 / 2021 Jaguar SVR / 2019 TrackHawk
Great question zracer id say roughly less then $15k if your doing your own labor and maybe a bit less if you happen to get a few deals here and there. Depending on who you know. And more like $20k if you want a decent set of wheels..

next best platform would be 2018 up S550 GT 10R80 gen5 Whipple and everything that goes around it but in the end you don’t have a GT500 super car. I own both and that’s where it’s at sorry for the gm guys and there new C-8 and ZL/1 cause they don’t won’t and never will perform like anything blueoval
I agree 100% and the other fact is a lot of cars even with infinite money spent, will simply never reach these performance levels. Of course, if they do, it's not even the same car, transmission, engine, etc....at that point nor are they sustainable.

That said, the fact that the GT500 is running 10.7 to 10.8 at 130mph is incredible, not many cars are doing that bone stock. Most people simply do not understand enough into what it takes to do that, so they don't understand. The other side is the 1/4 mile isn't even the GT500's strong point, let's not get into the handling and how this car is among the top cars in the world when comparing track times:

Perfect example that proves this AND the GT500 wasn't on fresh rubber which easily means it would move up a few places:

https://www.caranddriver.com/features/g15336568/lightning-lap-times/

I've ridden this track (used to race on VIR North) and it literally does have every type of turn and attribute to challenge a car's handling.

There's a kid who lives near me who has a WRX with an exhaust/tune and he saw my car and came over and was asking about the numbers and I told him, and he pointed to his car and said that with some mods it could be that fast (older WRX). I did not have the heart to tell him that a GT500 with mild mods suddenly moves into 9's and for him to get to where this car is stock, would cost at least several times what his car is even worth and would not be sustainable.

Instead, I just nodded and said, cool....(trying not to be a jerk)

Nos-pete

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Pete
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Sorry, the best drag race platform would be 15-17 GT / 6R80 car. Better than the 10R80 a certainly much better than the GT500.
You might say that cause obviously you haven’t owned either then a 6r80 car I’m most sure. So till then you won’t know

Sponsored

Nos-pete

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Pete
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
I agree 100% and the other fact is a lot of cars even with infinite money spent, will simply never reach these performance levels. Of course, if they do, it's not even the same car, transmission, engine, etc....at that point nor are they sustainable.

That said, the fact that the GT500 is running 10.7 to 10.8 at 130mph is incredible, not many cars are doing that bone stock. Most people simply do not understand enough into what it takes to do that, so they don't understand. The other side is the 1/4 mile isn't even the GT500's strong point, let's not get into the handling and how this car is among the top cars in the world when comparing track times:

Perfect example that proves this AND the GT500 wasn't on fresh rubber which easily means it would move up a few places:

https://www.caranddriver.com/features/g15336568/lightning-lap-times/

I've ridden this track (used to race on VIR North) and it literally does have every type of turn and attribute to challenge a car's handling.

There's a kid who lives near me who has a WRX with an exhaust/tune and he saw my car and came over and was asking about the numbers and I told him, and he pointed to his car and said that with some mods it could be that fast (older WRX). I did not have the heart to tell him that a GT500 with mild mods suddenly moves into 9's and for him to get to where this car is stock, would cost at least several times what his car is even worth and would not be sustainable.

Instead, I just nodded and said, cool....(trying not to be a jerk)
LOL is exactly what I do when I feel they don’t know and feel a bad for the creatures as you’ve said the gt500 being on the 1/4 mile flat track is not even it’s play ground and it is dominating it allready bro I’ve took my gt500 out last month and ran 9.3s all day with high 1.6 sixty foot times now it’s going low low 1.4s can’t wait for the next outing ha ha ha can you say 8s daaayyyaammmm

Strokerswild

Shallow and Pedantic
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
Things With Wheels
That said, the fact that the GT500 is running 10.7 to 10.8 at 130mph is incredible, not many cars are doing that bone stock. Most people simply do not understand enough into what it takes to do that, so they don't understand. The other side is the 1/4 mile isn't even the GT500's strong point, let's not get into the handling and how this car is among the top cars in the world when comparing track times
This.

Not to mention what little it takes to go 8s in one. In a heavy car more or less designed for road racing....

Chris2020GT500

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.careeup.tech
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
2022 GT500 / 2021 Jaguar SVR / 2019 TrackHawk
LOL is exactly what I do when I feel they don’t know and feel a bad for the creatures as you’ve said the gt500 being on the 1/4 mile flat track is not even it’s play ground and it is dominating it allready bro I’ve took my gt500 out last month and ran 9.3s all day with high 1.6 sixty foot times now it’s going low low 1.4s can’t wait for the next outing ha ha ha can you say 8s daaayyyaammmm
I try to be "nice" but honestly try to avoid any details unless someone actually knows what they are talking about or has similar experience.

...9.3's sounds like 8's are your next stop! Congrats and make sure you get them on video!

Nos-pete

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Pete
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Really ? Haha ok guy. Carry on.
Lol ok I see your a N/A guy what’s the best 1/4 mile time your N/A 6r80 has given you to date ?? Cause I’ll tell you my 10r80 semi bolt on car and me has been 10:78 @ 129 in 2500 DA full weight no BS

Nos-pete

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Pete
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
I try to be "nice" but honestly try to avoid any details unless someone actually knows what they are talking about or has similar experience.

...9.3's sounds like 8's are your next stop! Congrats and make sure you get them on video!
There’s this wild horse guy trying to tell me a 6r80 is a better platform over the gt500 and the 10r80 lmao as I said only if you haven’t owned them cause I currently own both and have got rid ov my 6r80 car long time ago
Sponsored