Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT A10 401A with Active Exhaust

steveo1960

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 Mustang
I'm shopping and I've seen a few like that. Low mileage, well optioned 2018 cars at dealers. Unusual in my experience. Don't see this in the Camaro or Vette world, my other bucket list of cars.

growler

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 mustang gt pp
if they are warrantying it an u want it whats the problem?

steveo1960

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 Mustang
Biggest problem is when Ford says it's normal, they can't find a problem etc... It quickly turns into a nightmare.

Sponsored

growler

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 mustang gt pp
Biggest problem is when Ford says it's normal, they can't find a problem etc... It quickly turns into a nightmare.
I have never had a nightmare because I have quite of bit of understanding of how a car works generally if you prove to a service manager,or whomever that u have a basic understanding of the car no nightmares occur, that being said a lot of people do not have even basic knowledge and bad shit can happen, and I can't pretend to know the op's knowledge but a warranty is a warranty it is what it says it is ...and google works if u try it

Dusten

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dusten
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ford Mustang, 2001 Ford Lightning, 1968 Ford Mustang
A 2018 with a few thousand miles up for sale. Knowing what we know now, is anyone on this board going to buy that? Answer: No!

I did.

2018 with 396 miles. Used. It was 11k off sticker. And a month old.

Mr981

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ecoboost coupe
If you've ever had a car that either could not be fixed by a dealer--or wouldn't--after repeated visits, you'll understand why this car might not be worth $11k under MSRP.

Had a MB E class that repeated would stall and die and spent 3 weeks in a dealership--all work covered under an extended warranty--because just when they thought they had a handle on the problem, it would reoccur. That a was a case of good faith attempts to fix a problem but it eluded their expertise for 3 weeks.We got the car back running fine, then traded it 3 days later--there was no way we were going to wait and see if the gremlins were going to come back. BTW, the wife swore off ever driving the car again because she didn't want to get stuck again.

If I even had a remote interest in this car, I'd have to get all the paper work on the problem, work done before and after the buy back to make an intelligent decision whether or not to roll the dice on a "good deal". A buy back doesn't occur without good reason; if the problem hasn't been resolved, why pay $30k for somebody else's problem?

Fatguy

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 V6 Mustang
If you've ever had a car that either could not be fixed by a dealer--or wouldn't--after repeated visits, you'll understand why this car might not be worth $11k under MSRP.

Had a MB E class that repeated would stall and die and spent 3 weeks in a dealership--all work covered under an extended warranty--because just when they thought they had a handle on the problem, it would reoccur. That a was a case of good faith attempts to fix a problem but it eluded their expertise for 3 weeks.We got the car back running fine, then traded it 3 days later--there was no way we were going to wait and see if the gremlins were going to come back. BTW, the wife swore off ever driving the car again because she didn't want to get stuck again.

If I even had a remote interest in this car, I'd have to get all the paper work on the problem, work done before and after the buy back to make an intelligent decision whether or not to roll the dice on a "good deal". A buy back doesn't occur without good reason; if the problem hasn't been resolved, why pay $30k for somebody else's problem?

Yup! Looked at a car (yellow GT) that was on the lot again. Sold and back on sale again. The dealer is making money on every sale of that POS. Dishonourable mention for the new PP black wheels and detailing in the shit mobile this time around. Every time I see the new black PP wheels on a new but used (non-PP) 5.0, means red alert to me...

Sponsored

Dusten

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dusten
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ford Mustang, 2001 Ford Lightning, 1968 Ford Mustang

the issue with your statement is, you're assuming every low mile car is a buy back. Mine was not. I saw the oasis report. It had never been in for any repairs.

Mr981

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ecoboost coupe
the issue with your statement is, you're assuming every low mile car is a buy back. Mine was not. I saw the oasis report. It had never been in for any repairs.
Say what? Where did I say every low mileage car is a buy back?
I was speaking about the car in question from TX--which clearly had buyback in the Car Fax report.
My point was the seemingly low price on this car--$29k for a nearly new '18' GT--would be good deal, except it was a buyback and God knows if the issue which made it a buyback was fixed.

tranceporter

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 C7 Grand Sport
It's rather comical when people disregard common issues that shouldn't be happening on these cars brand new and fairly new cars and bring up warranties.

Let's just negate the frustration, anger, time lost, and shitty rental cars dealing with stupid quality control issues because, umm, FORD!

GT Pony

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium, Black w/Saddle, 19s, NAV
The add says nothing about a lemon buy back that I can find. Call to the dealer might verify that. Ad says it has heated leather seats, but photos show cloth seats. Door VIN sticker shows the car was built on Oct 16, 2017.

Last edited:

Mr981

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ecoboost coupe
The add says nothing about a lemon buy back that I can find. Call to the dealer might verify that. Ad says it has heated leather seats, but photos show cloth seats. Door VIN sticker shows the car was built on Oct 16, 2017.
Some details from the add and pics are way off:
No leather, manual tranny to name two things, but the VIN is correct on the vehicle ID label in the door jam pic
The car fax report seems tied to the correct car from the add
https://www.carfax.com/VehicleHistory/p/Report.cfx?make=FORD&vin=120|-91|57|-27|-83|30|26|9|-102|-18|71|-23|1|-108|-2|-74|-128|-116|42|-90|97|-93|29|-56|&dealer_id=69553501&car_id=493850978&partner=ATD_W
Sponsored

Last edited: