Sponsored

Thinking of trading it in for a ranger?

NightmareMoon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT PP
Vehicle Showcase
Yeah I bought a Tacoma to compliment the Mustang. Cargo, or rough roads and I’ll take the Tacoma. Weekend drives, track, autox, the Mustang goes.

for Daily use I’m planning on splitting between them, but so far the Tacoma gets for daily use, but it’s also the new toy. The Mustang I’ve had for 7 years and the suspension I have on it is pretty low and hard these days.
Sponsored

nustang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT, performance pak, active exhaust
why not an F150 .... do build your own, and there's not a lot of $ difference. At least you can tow , or resell to someone who wants to tow a decent trailer.
Make sure its a 4x4, cause boaters need the grip on the ramp.
Dont buy a goat to do a horses job.

Superspirit

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None
why not an F150 .... do build your own, and there's not a lot of $ difference. At least you can tow , or resell to someone who wants to tow a decent trailer.
Make sure its a 4x4, cause boaters need the grip on the ramp.
Dont buy a goat to do a horses job.
The new rangers have a 7500lb tow rating. These aren't the little wimp trucks they used to be. Check out the 5g ranger forum, they are pulling some nice size campers with these little rangers. And there is a huge price difference between the ranger and f150. I wanted an f150 $62500 but I'm happy with my $42000 ranger.

bonz50

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tony
Vehicle(s)
15 50th Anniv GT
I still have my 05 f150, it's mostly a 'farm truck' now, maybe gets driven 50 miles a month and it's paid for. It'll be cheaper for me to keep that thing road worthy than to trade. unless you need a truck daily dont go an buy a new one. buy a 10-12yr old half ton (as long as it doesnt have the 5.4L). other option is to get a 94-95 f150 4x4 club cab, if you can find one in great shape there's your sweet spot. better truck than any ranger and far cheaper. personally I'd trade my 05 for a 95 tomorrow if i could get a clean one

HolubS

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ecoboost Premium Plus Coupe in Lightning Blue
Has anyone bought a Maverick yet? Your thoughts? Considering trading my Ecoboost for one some day, after I get my '73 vert back on the road for the days when I need a Mustang fix.
Sponsored