Thinking of trading it in for a ranger?

ZM5.0

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Zack
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT
Thinking of trading in the mustang for a 22 ranger tremor. What do you guys think
Sponsored

Superspirit

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None
I did that, be advised the 22 rangers have a massive delay between the time you hit the throttle and the time the vehicle responds. I have a hard time living with that. But a tune and they run way better. Good luck on your decision! Other than the delay I enjoy everything else about the truck. The upside I traded my gt to the wife for her Ecoboost mustang and traded that in for the ranger. So I still get to drive my GT.

daSNAK3

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jake
Vehicle(s)
2021 GT
Vehicle Showcase
Two totally different machines.. not something I would do but I have zero use for a truck.

NGOT8R

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Adrian
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt
We have a 2020 ranger Lariat. It’s nice for light duty work and has treated us well, but I wouldn’t trade in a Mustang GT for it unless I absolutely had to.

19gtMD

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Aj
Vehicle(s)
19 Gt premium
Do you now have a need for a truck? Or are you just ready for a different vehicle? Hey if you got some equity in your stang then that trade might be nice on your wallet. Good luck with your choice.

Sponsored

ay1820

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Al
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT/CS
An interesting question. I have been seriously thinking about a Ranger for some time now, but I wouldn't trade my Mustang for it.

I have a Volvo V90 as my DD which I absolutely love. It may seem strange to some here, and while it is not as much fun as my Mustang, it is probably the overall best car I have ever owned (just my opinion and others may vary :)). But a truck would be much more useful to me right now, so I have been thinking about trading it for a Ranger. I would skip the Tremor package though, nothing there I need in a truck. Even though I know I would find the Ranger to be more useful to me, I just can't quite part with my V90.

Gnatsum21

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Former: GT 21 Roush Twister Orange RIP | ECO 2016
Have fun with your truck! If I have a project I rent one.

compprep

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jim
Vehicle(s)
19 GT PP1,1986 SVO, 2020 Ridgeline(SOLD!)
I have a 2020 Honda Ridgeline. Drove 2 Rangers, felt very truck like vs the Volvo S60 I had for 8 yrs. The Honda is much more car like and just enough truck for me. You may want to test drive the new Nissan or other trucks before getting a Ranger. It's a very old platform now. My $.02!

shogun32

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT/PP, '23 GB Mach1, '12 Audi S5 (v8+6mt)
Vehicle Showcase
I did the 5.5ft bed mistake on the f150 crew. It's irritating, not fatal. Consider your use case and loads and pick accordingly.

Also I think the ranger is unnecessarily tall. I lowered the f150 by 2 and 4, much better.

I really liked my previous truck which was 2012 Nissan frontier

Mspider

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2022 GT
Kind of depends on why you want one. Are you tired of driving a car? need more space?

I have owned tons of vehicles over the years. Sports cars, luxury cars, SUVs. I found "sports cars" are the only option for me. So moving to a truck will not happen for me. Although I would love to pick up a base ford maverick for a winter/daily driver and keep the mustang.

Sponsored

Toretto

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang GT Iconic Silver
Although I would love to pick up a base ford maverick for a winter/daily driver and keep the mustang.
Exactly my plan in a few years

KingKona

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Shlomo
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT
Thinking of trading in the mustang for a 22 ranger tremor. What do you guys think
I think only you can make the decision.

Strokerswild

Shallow and Pedantic
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
Things With Wheels
The correct answer is to have both a truck and the Mustang.

My Mustang will never replace my F150, and vice versa. The F150 had no issue trundling a 1,100# load of scrap deck lumber to the landfill, for example, which would have been awkward and taken days in the Mustang.
Sponsored