Sponsored

Thinking of the Unimaginable

Relak

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Shelby GT350 - Oxford White
It's been 7 months since my daughter was born and I couldn't be happier to spend time with her every day. My wife drops her off at her Nanny and I pick her up on the way home every day. Being a dad has me thinking in a different light and I want to be able to enjoy my Shelby, but given that the backseat doesn't fit our carseat (or two others that I've tried), I'm finding it harder and harder to do so.

I would never tell her that she was the reason for parting ways with my Shelby, but given that I'm not driving it and won't be for the next 4-5 years.. I'm starting to think its time to move on.. I've had the Shelby for two years now and have only managed to put 3k miles on it which, to me, is just sad for me AND for the car. It's a car that begs to be driven and I feel like I'm letting it down in a sense..

For those of you that have been in a similar situation, how did you manage? Did you find a way to make it work? Did you end up parting ways with your Shelby? If so, what did you move on to? I'm really at a loss because there's no other car I'd rather be driving but if I'm going to be spending this kind of money on a car, I'd rather have one I can actually enjoy WITH my family and not just for quick runs to the store to buy diapers by myself.. Any thoughts are appreciated (even the negative ones that don't contribute to a solution, because I know its inevitable with forums).
Sponsored

SnakeAndSteak

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Race Red GT350
Well, the rumor mill says a 4 door Mustang may be coming out...............................problem (potentially) solved.

AlphaCoyote

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT w/ PP, 2018 Honda Accord 1.5 Sport
It's been 7 months since my daughter was born and I couldn't be happier to spend time with her every day. My wife drops her off at her Nanny and I pick her up on the way home every day. Being a dad has me thinking in a different light and I want to be able to enjoy my Shelby, but given that the backseat doesn't fit our carseat (or two others that I've tried), I'm finding it harder and harder to do so.

I would never tell her that she was the reason for parting ways with my Shelby, but given that I'm not driving it and won't be for the next 4-5 years.. I'm starting to think its time to move on.. I've had the Shelby for two years now and have only managed to put 3k miles on it which, to me, is just sad for me AND for the car. It's a car that begs to be driven and I feel like I'm letting it down in a sense..

For those of you that have been in a similar situation, how did you manage? Did you find a way to make it work? Did you end up parting ways with your Shelby? If so, what did you move on to? I'm really at a loss because there's no other car I'd rather be driving but if I'm going to be spending this kind of money on a car, I'd rather have one I can actually enjoy WITH my family and not just for quick runs to the store to buy diapers by myself.. Any thoughts are appreciated (even the negative ones that don't contribute to a solution, because I know its inevitable with forums).
I just found this... Idk if this can help you, but best of luck!

https://www.cjponyparts.com/resources/baby-car-seats-and-sports-cars

Tank

9/11 - Never Forget
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
G0853
Hey @Relak ,
Your angst really comes through your post. I don’t know if you have the means but could you hang on to it and get another DD that’s safe for you and your family? Store the GT350? Who knows, your daughter might be into cars....

Demonic

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Austin
Vehicle(s)
GT350R
Even though your daughter is obviously the most important aspect in decision making, I'd also consider that the young car-seat age is relatively brief if you had ever planned on keeping the Shelby. It may make sense to simply lease a daily beater car for several years while keeping the Shelby.

Sponsored

kz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustangs & F150
Once you're out of infant seat, you will be good. I've been driving S550 Mustang since 2015, my daughter is 5.5 and I pick her up every day.
Feel like you are little overly dramatic or not trying hard enough. She loves her pony car and loves riding in it.

OP
OP
Relak

Relak

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I appreciate the sentiment, I do have a daily driver, a 2017 Focus ST. Unfortunately that just got totaled so I’m in the market for a new car anyway. My primary issue though, is that the Shelby is just collecting dust and I want a car I can drive daily that fits my current lifestyle. I’ll take a look at the other car seat option posted and see if that works. I could also fork over another 20G’s and get something like an M3 that could be driven every day, but I know I’m going to miss the power, sound, and thrill of the Shelby.

Hack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang, Camaro
Sounds like you should sell the Shelby to me. You can always buy another in a few years if your situation changes.

Demonic

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Austin
Vehicle(s)
GT350R
I think the question is coming down more to whether the daughter and car seat situation is something that is a reason for selling the car, or to help rationalize selling the car. Unfortunately that's a personal decision that'll be difficult for us to help with.

EF300

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350, 2020 GT500 CFTP
With the front passenger seat all the way forward and the seat back up or facing forward I am pretty sure I could fit an infant seat in there.

Check this out

https://csftl.org/battle-of-the-infant-seats/

As other have said once u get to toddler seats you are good. It wont be that long.

Also you are having to many feelings. Remember what Elsa said," conceal don't feel..don't let it show". ( don't know what I am talking about... you will real soon LOL).

My daughters (I have 3) love my car. View attachment 314822
20180401_181022.jpg

Attachments

• 0 bytes Views: 0

Sponsored

oldbmwfan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350R
No secret I come from a long history of driving BMWs before I picked up my GT350 (and Fiesta ST). A lot of BMW guys are in those cars because they want a fun performance car but need a real backseat. Look at an E90 M3 sedan: 8k RPM V8, 440 HP, 6-speed manual, and you can grab them right around $30K so you can sell your Shelby, get a used M3 and a replacement for your Focus and net out even.

As for the Focus: the Fiesta ST (which I also have) does hold one baby seat in the back quite well, and that is a REALLY fun DD, especially if your driving is urban. Good luck - whatever you decide, there are enough GT350s around that you can pick up another in a few years if you get the itch.

OP
OP
Relak

Relak

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Thanks for the links and info, all. I did a decent amount of research on car seats for my wife's vehicle but didn't consider I wouldn't be able to drive the Shelby, so I didn't take that into account when I bought ours. I just found out from the Insurance company that I have seven days to get a new car before they take back the rental. I'm going to see what I can find in terms of another ST to replace it and keep the Shelby for the long term. I guess the benefit is that I won't be driving it much so mileage will still be quite low in 5 years and it will also be free of smeared animal crackers and spilled juice boxes.

Uribe1992

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jose
Vehicle(s)
2015 mustang gt 50th anniversary
I am actually in a similar situation, I have started to shop around for a gt350, and trade my 2015gt for it. However, because of my two kids, I have been considering buying a raptor instead. But I don’t know if I’ll be happy without a gt/GT350 in the long.

IPOGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang Mach 1 Velocity Blue M6
If you bought the car new from day one and you can afford to keep it, I suggest you do if you even have a thought you might regret your decision. You can get another 350, but it will never be "yours".

jvandy50

H3249
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
jason
Vehicle(s)
22 TRX, 18 ZL1-1LE
I considered getting rid of my JKU and the 350 to buy something practical...like a trackhawk lol.

But my 19 month old loves a window down ride in the jeep, and it was one of the first words she said...”scheep”...and anytime she walks by the car she goes “wowww”

So i guess these impractical vehicles are here to stay, because it reminds me of how my dad was...driving a gigantic baby blue ford, lifted with huge tires...amongst other numerous hot rods i remember like it was yesterday. Hopefully these become good memories for her when she’s old enough.
Sponsored