• ATTENTION SELLERS: All users who wish to sell in the marketplace are REQUIRED to abide by the following RULES. If a sales thread/post does not comply, it is subject to DELETION without notice.

ATTENTION BUYERS: If you see a non-compliant sales thread, please REPORT the thread and take CAUTION when transacting.

Rule #1 - Post a picture of the actual item you are selling (NO stock photos).
    Rule #2 - The picture must include a REAL piece of paper with your Username and the Date written on it next to the product you are selling. NO photoshop or digitally edited photos are allowed.
    Rule #3 - NO "feeler" threads are permitted. This section is only for items that are actually available and ready to be sold currently.
    Rule #4 - The listing must include an asking price. OBO (or best offer) is allowed but it must be accompanied by an asking price.
    Rule #5 - No "threadcrapping." Classifieds threads are not meant for negative discussions. Comments on pricing are not allowed. Only people with genuine questions and interest in the item for sale should be posting in the classifieds threads.
Sponsored

Thinking of selling my 2017 GT350R.

tracktardicus

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Toyota 86
I hate to do it, but I'm thinking it's time to sell the R. I want to gauge any interest on this forum and get some advice on pricing. I'd love to sell it to a forum member and not have to deal with the knuckleheads that come out of the woodwork on the prominent car sales sites or on craigslist. I'm thinking of starting at $57K.
IMG_2114.jpg
IMG_2115.jpg

The particulars:

2017 GT350R, black/white stripes. 13137 miles. Bought new, original owner.
Vehicle cover
R electronics package

The engine was replaced under warranty at 8720 miles in October 2019.

The car is financed through USAA.

JLT oil separator
Ford Performance air filter
Caliperfection caliper studs
Vorschlag camber plates
BMR jacking rails
quad tow points
Front bumper/hood/roof/wheel arch PPF

Extended Ford warranty for 8 years/100,00 miles

All service records.
New brake pads
New Michelin Pilot Sport 4S 305/30/19 tires

Issues:
One of the front carbon fiber wheels has some minor curb rash.
Sponsored

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt, 2020 GT350R, 2020 Explorer ST
I hate to do it, but I'm thinking it's time to sell the R.
Looks good and a reasonable price to start. Are you going to a new GT500 or leaving FoMoCo for a different direction?

Best wishes with your sale.

:like:

OP
OP

tracktardicus

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Toyota 86
I'm thinking a different direction. Something lighter with cheaper consumables.

torque124

Torque
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Shelby GT350R
Vehicle Showcase
giphy.gif

Sponsored

JR369

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 GT500 Iconic
I think it's more than a fair price to start at. I have thought about private selling mine as well. A year newer with 2k less on the odometer. No mods. Probably start around $60k. For me, the lure of the GT500 is getting stronger.

anacar312

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
HEP R Chassis LR268
Just saw a 2016 (BASE CAR) on BAT go for $47k a day or two ago. If you search the site there is a 17 (WITH REPLACEMENT ENGINE) with 14000 miles (BID TO) $45k in May. a 2018 sold July 27 for 60,250... only 1900 miles. This is one of the reasons I have backed off buying a new HEP R at over sticker. While I do think there is upside to these cars, it will be likely 10+ years before that is realized.... and as always, the originals will be more highly prized (now as a "used" car and down the road as a "collector" car). Just the reality of the situation from a buyers perspective.

(items corrected 10/16. My apologies to readers. Before I post next time will double check numbers and not purely rely on my memory)

Last edited:

JR369

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 GT500 Iconic
Just saw a 2016 on BAT go for $47k a day or two ago. If you search the site there is a 17 with 14000 miles sold for $45k in May. a 2018 sold July 27 for 60,250... only 1900 miles. This is one of the reasons I have backed off buying a new HEP R at over sticker. While I do think there is upside to these cars, it will be likely 10+ years before that is realized.... and as always, the originals will be more highly prized (now as a "used" car and down the road as a "collector" car). Just the reality of the situation from a buyers perspective.
Assuming those were stock unmolested R cars with zero issues...sure there are bound to be a few owners out there that are hard up. I ain't one of them. Lol.

I do agree tho that new R prices are ridiculous. On one hand, if I had waited to buy one, I'd be pissed. On the other hand, I'm glad they are high priced now because I didn't buy the most expensive house in the neighborhood but I live next to it. :sunglasses:

key01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350 now gone to a great home.
Just saw a 2016 on BAT go for $47k a day or two ago. If you search the site there is a 17 with 14000 miles sold for $45k in May. a 2018 sold July 27 for 60,250... only 1900 miles. This is one of the reasons I have backed off buying a new HEP R at over sticker. While I do think there is upside to these cars, it will be likely 10+ years before that is realized.... and as always, the originals will be more highly prized (now as a "used" car and down the road as a "collector" car). Just the reality of the situation from a buyers perspective.
Hey Chris, this didnā€™t sound right so I checked Bat. The ā€˜16 that sold recently is a base car. The 14K mile R from last May had an engine replaced, and only reached a $45K bid. It was a no sale.
At $57K , this is a very fair price @tracktardicus is asking.

MikeR397

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford GT350R & Raptor; Ferrari 360, Aston Martin Vantage, Porsche Cayenne GTS, Jaguar XFR
I think $57k for a R with the long warranty as well sounds very attractive. In fact, I would think a new gen non oil leaking motor repacement with this warranty and the nice mods would get the car in the low 60s. That's $20k msrp less than a 2020, and before idiot dealer markups.

I'm surprised you are worried about consumables though as a main reason. Run Porsche 102y fronts and you'll get 8 track days easy before needing tires (if you arn't anal about the freshest tires always you can push even more) and Raybestos ST43 pads will last you 15+ track days for not much more $ than stock pads. Otherwise, she's thirsty, but what are you gonna do. Now, wanting a light car to flick around is another story...can't help with that lol!

Good luck whatever you decide on doing.

Sponsored

dom418

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
(2) 20 HEP-R, 20 Velocity Blue 350R, 20 Lime 350R
Your asking price is fair donā€™t let the dreamers tell you otherwise. In looking at what Rs have gone through Mannheim Action recently, you really have to be careful in using that as a valuation tool as well. The low priced sales are usually dealer buy backs, test cars, transport damage or have had motor issues.

that being said the demand for the R has died some, plus with winter coming it may take a bit to sell.

anacar312

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
HEP R Chassis LR268
Hey Chris, this didnā€™t sound right so I checked Bat. The ā€˜16 that sold recently is a base car. The 14K mile R from last May had an engine replaced, and only reached a $45K bid. It was a no sale.
At $57K , this is a very fair price @tracktardicus is asking.
Thanks for the clarifying Keith! I stand corrected!

torque124

Torque
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Shelby GT350R
Vehicle Showcase
... you not going to sell it here though, might as well list on your local Craiglist and Cars.com. I sold ALL my cars on those 2 sites... And I do run through them, sold 5 cars in the past 6 years.

dom418

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
(2) 20 HEP-R, 20 Velocity Blue 350R, 20 Lime 350R