Sponsored

Thinking of hidden twin turbo kit.

Briebee72

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT 2019
IM considering a hellion hidden twin turbo kit and maybe getting tuned in the area of 700 to 800hp. What else would be recommended out side of wheels and tires as thats a given. Drive shaft and axles? Brakes? IM on a 2019 GT no performance pack.
Sponsored

NotagainV2

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tyler
Vehicle(s)
19 F150 19 Explorer 04 Thunderbird
Aldowelds. Game over nothing more to discuss.

HELLION TURBO

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
IM considering a hellion hidden twin turbo kit and maybe getting tuned in the area of 700 to 800hp. What else would be recommended out side of wheels and tires as thats a given. Drive shaft and axles? Brakes? IM on a 2019 GT no performance pack.

Hello! Thank you for considering our product. We have many customers with minimal mods other than our kit and have no issues at all. We have had cars go very fast with bone stock drivetrain!

Ashtar

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
Vehicle Showcase
Depending on where you live. I would suggest upgrading the radiator. I currently have the twin top mount 55's Hellion kit, and live in Phoenix Az. Have your fans come on around 185 ECT, and change out the thermostat to 175. Again, I've found this to be a better combo for where I live.

OP
OP
Briebee72

Briebee72

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT 2019
Depending on where you live. I would suggest upgrading the radiator. I currently have the twin top mount 55's Hellion kit, and live in Phoenix Az. Have your fans come on around 185 ECT, and change out the thermostat to 175. Again, I've found this to be a better combo for where I live.
thanks, i live in the mountains of NC fairly mild here. i was thinking the under body mou8nted turbos would basically be cooler since not confined under the hood ?

Sponsored

wazslow

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT/CS
thanks, i live in the mountains of NC fairly mild here. i was thinking the under body mou8nted turbos would basically be cooler since not confined under the hood ?
I have the Hellion sleeper kit on my 2016 6R80 car. No heat issues so far. Details are in my signature.

If its just a street car and never going to be raced, I don't think you need much more than a set of sticky tires.

Ashtar

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
Vehicle Showcase
While here in Az, there are some nice back roads, with some twisty mountains. Again depending on your driving style. And it can always be done at a later time. Another thing you might look into is changing out the plastic oil gears.
But yes, if this is going to be just your daily car that you take on a long drive from time to time. :) Throttle management is still something your going to have to learn until you get some sticky tires.

Sean709

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Sean
Vehicle(s)
2015 mustang gt prem pp whipple stage 2. 2017 silverado LTZ with rocky ridge package. 09 HD muscle.
STD or Auto? I would put a clutch If STD. A 1 piece DS and at lest 800hp half shafts. Is a turbo less harsh on OP gear?. If your gonna put the power to it and use sticky drag radials. I would be more worried about breaking something when launching than brakes but thats just me.

OP
OP
Briebee72

Briebee72

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT 2019
STD or Auto? I would put a clutch If STD. A 1 piece DS and at lest 800hp half shafts. Is a turbo less harsh on OP gear?. If your gonna put the power to it and use sticky drag radials. I would be more worried about breaking something when launching than brakes but thats just me.
Its an auto I forgot that part. No racing just want to do it to do it and have the power on tap for um "safety and passing on the highway" :) Yeah i wasnt sure about axles but i guess unless im gonna put real sticky tires on there would be less stress on axles with just regular tires because guess tires would just spin first?

Sean709

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Sean
Vehicle(s)
2015 mustang gt prem pp whipple stage 2. 2017 silverado LTZ with rocky ridge package. 09 HD muscle.
Yes if its gonna hook its gonna put more stress on the driveline.

Sponsored
OP
OP
Briebee72

Briebee72

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT 2019
Aldowelds every single day. That dude turned my car into an animal. Could not be happier. He's also very helpful when answering questions, not to mention he works hard. I wouldn't consider another kit/shop
Sounds great if you live in Texas. I'm not even close.

NotagainV2

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tyler
Vehicle(s)
19 F150 19 Explorer 04 Thunderbird
Delivery trucks..........
Internet........

LOL......

OP
OP
Briebee72

Briebee72

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT 2019
Delivery trucks..........
Internet........

LOL......
yeah by time go through all that my costs would double. I have no less then three top places here that are top rated and can do the work. I am just curious as what else anyone would do not where to do it :)

MidnightGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT
My 2020 Mustang GT is currently getting wrapped up with the Hellion Sleeper kit. Hopefully will have the tune finalized by PBD by Wed/Thurs depending on timing and getting it just right for 93 and e85. Super clean off the shelf kit!

If you're not planning on going to the strip or launching the car, I wouldn't worry about driveline upgrades. I plan on getting a stall, axles, and driveshaft along with built trans this coming Spring/Summer and go from there.

Here's a few pics of the car right now, just needs a few things finished up. Under the hood you can spot the Fore regulator and rails and the boost/vac lines and block. Otherwise looking stock :sunglasses:

under hood.jpg

FMIC.jpg

twins.jpg
Sponsored