Thinking of buying a Mach 1 to daily - Thoughts

Bit_the_Bullitt

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Richard
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt
It's a funny exercise to convert from metric to imperial units and back so people understand it in the discussion šŸ˜
I believe it is a target RPM not the speed. They know that at 1.5-2k RPM you are not probably racing, so they can tune the power/consumption ratio for consumption. Which is basically what Ford shifting recommendation does.
No ty brďo, dva ČeÅ”i s Mach 1. Snad se (ne)potkĆ”te. :D
Sponsored

Egparson202

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Shelby GT350, 2018 Audi TTRS
No ty brďo, dva ČeÅ”i s Mach 1. Snad se (ne)potkĆ”te. :D

Iā€™m not sure Iā€™d agreeā€¦ or that Iā€™d disagree. šŸ˜‰ What language is that?

Egparson202

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)

Bit_the_Bullitt

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Richard
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt
As they say, "Czech yourself before you wreck yourself eh?" :D

Thought it'd be funny. It's two Czech dudes (per their description) with Mach 1 in Czech, which is somewhat rare and I speak the language (as that's where I'm from), so I figured I'd poke at 'em.

Sponsored

Joker721

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jim
Vehicle(s)
01 Bullitt DHG, 2020 Camry WCP TRD
I drove my 01 BULLITT for 10 years before it became a weekend car. The only negative about it was stop and go traffic at rush hour or if there was a gridlock. Otherwise get what you want and enjoy it.

traxiii

Mustang is my middle name
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bill
Vehicle(s)
Mustang Thunderbird F150 & '22 Mach 1 on order.
I love daily driving my M1 HP, though after installing the resonator delete/x-pipe, it spends a lot more time in "Quiet" mode now. It sounds awesome, but a little inappropriate at times, even in "Normal" mode.

In "Track" it's almost as throaty as my '67 390GTA when I uncorked the Hooker full length headers. Very cool, except for the neighbors.

Stymee

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joel
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT
Love to know how many of u regularly road race your cars, 5 pages and I bet maybe 5-8 of u did it 1 or 2 times

That said, on the street row away if u wish but your gonna get DUSTED by the M1 A10 anytime u run one šŸ˜

Egparson202

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Love to know how many of u regularly road race your cars, 5 pages and I bet maybe 5-8 of u did it 1 or 2 times

That said, on the street row away if u wish but your gonna get DUSTED by the M1 A10 anytime u run one šŸ˜
Iā€™m not saying youā€™re wrong (exactly). What I will say is that Iā€™m one of those who bought mine to run on road courses (~30 days over the last 18 months). And Iā€™m totally ok with the A10 for those who choose it. But for me itā€™s about the experience and ā€œrowing awayā€ is fun. Lastly, Iā€™m undefeated in street racing. Hint: I hold my own at the track and laugh off challenges on the street.šŸ˜Ž

Last edited:

RagmopInKona

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang HHP
I am sure you can daily it, And it be fine. The problem I see, is Higher chance of theft. As there are some with questionable morals, that would love to put some of the gear the mach1 has in their gt.
If that isn't really an issue for you /location. then the mach 1 is just another car it'll have no issue driving 250 miles a week. Just the performance set up of the car might beat you up after a long day at work and could get old after awhile. Only you know if that be an issue or not. I'd not think twice about dailying one if my job location was not what it is.

Sponsored

Weeee

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
Mach 1, Mach E GT
Yes, you can daily your Mach 1. No, I wouldn't get the handling package or the recaro seats. My concerns about daily driving are damage to the stripes. The OEM stripes are four digits expensive.

I put a pair of DSW06+ tires on it which reduced the interior noise and softened the right a bit, added some mud guards, and paint protection in the common hit areas.

swoop1156

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Mach HP, 22 Raptor 37PP, 22 Cayenne Turbo SE
I DD'ed my 2004 for a bit when I lived in Florida and it was a hoot. I'd have zero issues daily driving most any civilized pedestrian vehicle. I'm daily driving an Edge ST right now waiting for my 37PP Raptor (which will take over daily duties), my wife daily's an Audi, my sister a 2-door Bronco, my Dad an Adrenalin... I mean, in the end, it's just a vehicle, though a really nice one at that. We like what we like. It's still just transportation.

Do it!

Rhyanski

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Adrian
Vehicle(s)
2021 FJG Mach 1 #M5810, 2018 Mazda CX-5 Ultimate
Yes, you can daily your Mach 1. No, I wouldn't get the handling package or the recaro seats. My concerns about daily driving are damage to the stripes. The OEM stripes are four digits expensive.

I put a pair of DSW06+ tires on it which reduced the interior noise and softened the right a bit, added some mud guards, and paint protection in the common hit areas.
I really had your concerns some time ago and I was thinking about spedning 4digit numbers on wrap to protect the paint and stripes and everything.

And then when the car had just some 5-600 miles on the clock, I got in a traffic jam in the middle of a hail the size of peas. Trust me, you don't want to sit in there helpless to do anything at all, but to pray. Thank God, the car suffered zero damage, but I just realized whatever I do, if its meant that the car will suffer, it will no matter what you do to protect it. There are going to be stupid people on roads, on parking lots, and there are the forces of nature we can't fight and need to accept.

Just insure the damn thing and don't think about it too much. If you can't take the heat, don't daily it, but again, on the ususal 10 mile ride on the weekend, anything could happen.

I really, really tend to take care of my stuff, I do get attached to those, but shit happens. If you're going to lose your sleep over the paint of the car, just buy a GT or a 2nd hand and don't invest too much...

Woodie

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Michael
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mach 1
Do it! I daily my HP. Love it. I live in SoCal so we don't get the weather of other places. I don't mind the Cup 2s. My splitter scrapes leaving my driveway. Fuck it. It looks amazing and I'll pick another one up as a spare.

Bit_the_Bullitt

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Richard
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt
Do it! I daily my HP. Love it. I live in SoCal so we don't get the weather of other places. I don't mind the Cup 2s. My splitter scrapes leaving my driveway. Fuck it. It looks amazing and I'll pick another one up as a spare.
Refreshing to hear people truly use their vehicles. And of all things, yeah, the underbody doesn't really bother me that much.
I realize I just hit 44,000 mi on my Bullitt this week on a morning commute in about 33mos, so right on the penny 16k/yr. Fantastic miles!!

In winter, throw on a dedicated set (I got a winter set ready for the worst of Dec-Jan, but for the rest it's wearing Pilot 4 AS).
Sponsored