Sponsored

Thinking of buying a 2016 GT but....

couragebest88

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Guard Green Mustang GT
At 9K miles you're likely safe. Mike at Modurstang told me a while back he hadn't seen or heard of one go much over 11/12K.
That’s certainly reassuring, thanks. At some point I’ll probably replace it with an aftermarket one for peace of mind. These things can keep me up at night after having a terrible experience with my RRS last year

CraigJ

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT, 97 Westfield SEW
For those just coming out of warranty, speak to Ford as you can extend up to 5 years for a cost.

I did with mine when I bought it last year. You might even be able to do it online. Worth a look.

couragebest88

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Guard Green Mustang GT
For those just coming out of warranty, speak to Ford as you can extend up to 5 years for a cost.

I did with mine when I bought it last year. You might even be able to do it online. Worth a look.
I called Ford Protect about this. I bought mine from a non-Ford dealer and the warranty expires at the start of June. Ford say the extended warranty they sell for used cars is a rebranded aftermarket one. When I phoned them up they just pointed me at another company, who in turn pointed me at yet another company.

At this point I'm wondering if the Ford extended warranty on a used car is just as much of a gamble as other aftermarket warranties...

SteveS

...Bon Scott Land...
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT Magnetic
Initially (and i've no idea if it has changed) to extend your warranty to 5 years you had to do it at/before first registration, ie when the car was new. That gave you 5 years of full manufacturer cover bumper to bumper. For ÂŁ500 it would have been a no-brainer for me...had I been offered it :facepalm:

I can only remember one owner saying they had extended their warranty at the end of the 3 years and that was through a specific dealer at around a grand. I'd suspect this was just the dealer providing the same cover as Ford do and charging a premium for it.

Sponsored

Pilgrim/uk

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brad
Vehicle(s)
GT Yellow
Yea was same for me had to be at time of purchase I was told they don't off to extend after three years like say for instance audi do ,if I remember correctly it was about 600 quid per year after three years from Audi on an annual renewal basis .

Centurion07

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT
Initially (and i've no idea if it has changed) to extend your warranty to 5 years you had to do it at/before first registration, ie when the car was new. That gave you 5 years of full manufacturer cover bumper to bumper. For ÂŁ500 it would have been a no-brainer for me...had I been offered it :facepalm:

I can only remember one owner saying they had extended their warranty at the end of the 3 years and that was through a specific dealer at around a grand. I'd suspect this was just the dealer providing the same cover as Ford do and charging a premium for it.
Got to be worth it with the moon mileage you put on yours!

SteveS

...Bon Scott Land...
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT Magnetic
Got to be worth it with the moon mileage you put on yours!
Well exactly :cwl:

Sure wish i'd done a few thousand more miles now though...to soak test the cooler!

Kristian87

Super Moderator
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT
Happened to stumble across the Ford Warranty website today; https://www.myfordprotect.co.uk/

Has anyone actually got a quote? I'm keen to learn what sort of costs are involved here, even though I've still got a year to go until mine runs out.

blueboy

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Barrie
Vehicle(s)
Dib GT and vw transporter
I have been on the website, I can't find any way of getting a quote.

Sponsored

couragebest88

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Guard Green Mustang GT
I have been on the website, I can't find any way of getting a quote.
I've emailed them, awaiting a response. I phoned the number previously and was directed elsewhere by Ford, to a company who directed me to yet another. Maybe I'll get a different response this time. I'll let you know what the quote is if I get one!

v8hgt

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Nick
Vehicle(s)
Race Red GT PP Coupe
Vehicle Showcase
Latest I read that the supposed fixed by date of June 16 is wrong as coolers have failed on the shadow editions.... go figure.

couragebest88

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Guard Green Mustang GT
Latest I read that the supposed fixed by date of June 16 is wrong as coolers have failed on the shadow editions.... go figure.
Yep I've seen '17s with failed coolers on FB. Of course that doesn't mean oil coolers on those 17s weren't built before June 16, but still.

couragebest88

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Guard Green Mustang GT
Well here is my quote. For once email was much easier than phone. Bit confused as to why they said they couldn’t give me a warranty when I phoned them!

My car is a 2016 GT with 9200 miles, and the factory warranty expires early June. The quote is for 12 months of cover.

8DBC75B8-FC68-4009-8A4C-AFCBCB9D2AA9.jpeg
4B95EAFB-0F63-4DB2-9823-8F7912A78681.jpeg
4CC4E497-1557-40C9-B130-65360777A28C.jpeg

Seems like a reasonable price?

blueboy

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Barrie
Vehicle(s)
Dib GT and vw transporter
That seems more than reasonable to me, I am going to enquire about that now.
Sponsored