Thinking about a 2019 GT, for my 18 Ecoboost

Driversedge18

SPIRIT OF AMERICA
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 ECOBOOST PREMIUM
Vehicle Showcase
I have no issues on going 18My-19My trade in terms of $$$$$ owned on a prior loan. No the case at all. Of course cash $$$$$ would be put down upon delivery for the difference. Considering a 2019 GT Premium non PP car no digital dash, standard Premium seats & 355 gears. 20'' wheels. Velocity Blue with Black stripe. My 18 Ecoboost performs well, but a GT will give the better performance ride & power. I am considering going back into the 6 speed . My prior Fox Notches were all manuals.A GT PP1 or PP2 is out of the question. Any suggestions would be helpful. :cheers:
Sponsored

Last edited:

Nagare

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Lightning Blue V6
Vehicle Showcase
Why didn't you get it in the first place instead of wasting the time/money optioning up an Eco all the way if you really wanted a GT again?

Your PP Eco probably rides just the same or better than a base GT would too. Can't argue with the power.

nrc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang EB PP
If you're concerned with comfort I wouldn't go with '20s unless you drive one and verify the ride is acceptable.

Sig quibble - 401A isn't offered on EB, it's 201A.

Sponsored

wanted33

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jim
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT Convertible, 2006 GT Coupe
I have no issues of being UPSIDE down on trade in terms of $$$$$ owned on a prior loan. Considering a 2019 GT Premium non PP car no digital dash, standard Premium seats & 355 gears. 20'' wheels. Velocity Blue with Black stripe. My 18 Ecoboost performs well, but a GT will give the better performance ride & power. I am considering going back into the 6 speed . My prior Fox Notches were all manuals.A GT PP1 or PP2 is out of the question. Any suggestions would be helpful. :cheers:
I think I've found your answer. Upside down wouldn't be for me, but if you are acceptable then jump on that GT.

Nomadic

King of Europe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Current: '19 Mustang GT base 6spd (SOLD),'19 Camaro 1SS A10, '14 VW Jetta SE 1.8
Stopped reading at the first sentence.
LOL. So did I. OP, you SHOULD have a problem with being upside down. Stupid is as stupid does. Getting upside down and deep into debt with cars is stupid.

OP
OP
Driversedge18

Driversedge18

SPIRIT OF AMERICA
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 ECOBOOST PREMIUM
Vehicle Showcase
LOL. So did I. OP, you SHOULD have a problem with being upside down. Stupid is as stupid does. Getting upside down and deep into debt with cars is stupid.
Oh I totally agree with that famous quote. The initial post was hastily written & has now been updated. Debt can snowball easily on car trades, especially if the prior loan was 5k down & 84 months. This i never do. Payments are small ,if any. Just an old school car guy from back in the day. :lol:

H@mmer

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT w/ Too Many Mods
Looking at your signature...the only reason you should get a GT is if you want the sound of the V8. If that isn't priority #1, then just stop and keep your car.

OP
OP
Driversedge18

Driversedge18

SPIRIT OF AMERICA
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 ECOBOOST PREMIUM
Vehicle Showcase
This afternoon the decision was made to keep my 2018 & not trade in the turbo for the GT. This matter is now concluded.:usa:

Sponsored

stevegt

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2012 Mustang GT Premium. 2019 GT PP1 ordered
This afternoon the decision was made to keep my 2018 & not trade in the turbo for the GT. This matter is now concluded.:usa:
Smart decision! I’m a GT guy, but I can certainly see the appeal of the EcoBoost with the A10. That car is no slouch and with less weight over the front wheels should be a spirited handler too!

c-rizzle

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Explorer Sport
Good decision. I've had nothing but GT's. But an Ecoboost with A10, loaded up like yours is an awesome car... and a keeper.

wanted33

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jim
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT Convertible, 2006 GT Coupe
Excellent decision. :thumbsup:

NoVaGT

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 PP1 GT Kona

dogiebitt

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Danny
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ram 1500 Rebel 5.7L
Vehicle Showcase
If you're gonna go from an Eco to a GT, get at least PP1 and other options to make you happy with the car. Otherwise just drive the Eco for a few years and get the next gen. Stupid to take such a huge depreciation hit so soon after purchasing a new car.
Sponsored