Sponsored

think i have the oil pressure sensor leak :(

raptor17GT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT Manual 2017
MY17 GT with 23k on the clock
was looking at tidying some marks on the front of the car when I noticed a pool of dirty water / oil on the garage floor by the front passenger wheel (RHD) - had a look round (not got ramps) and it seems to be coming out at the oil filter area. Very thin fluid, assuming oil as it's got no smell. Did a search on here and found many posts on the oil pressure sensor leaking,any UK owners had this problem?
Sponsored

slowhand99

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ben
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT Vert Race Red ord 26/03/15 del 24/03/16
was looking at tidying some marks on the front of the car when I noticed a pool of dirty water / oil on the garage floor by the front passenger wheel (RHD) - had a look round (not got ramps) and it seems to be coming out at the oil filter area. Very thin fluid, assuming oil as it's got no smell. Did a search on here and found many posts on the oil pressure sensor leaking,any UK owners had this problem?
Hopefully it's condensation from your aircon.

OP
OP

raptor17GT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT Manual 2017
Hopefully it's condensation from your aircon.
you know that comment makes me feel a little sheepish as I did have the air con running when i last used the car on Saturday ... never noticed this sort of pooling before though..

jonny10buds

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang Bullitt, 1972 Lincoln Continental MkIV, 2010 Honda Accord (daily driver)
It’s most likely to be condensation dripping from your A/C unit, you’re more likely to get it as the weather warms up

Gregs24

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Greg
Vehicle(s)
Mustang V8 GT, Ford Kuga PHEV
Easy enough to tell if it is water or oil - get some on your finger and then dip your finger in water - you will see a very thing film of oil appear on the surface if it is oil.

There have been stories of oil filters not being tight enough from the factory but your's will have been serviced a few times since then - not to say it may not be the cause.

Sponsored

v8hgt

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Nick
Vehicle(s)
Race Red GT PP Coupe
Vehicle Showcase
pop the coolant reservoir lid off and check coolant.. is there an oily film on top? if so you have the dreaded oil cooler failure.. don't start the car and call your ford dealer for a replacement engine (best option) / complete tear down and rebuild then multiple fluid changes to get the crud out of the coolant system (ford dealer option).

OP
OP

raptor17GT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT Manual 2017
Easy enough to tell if it is water or oil - get some on your finger and then dip your finger in water - you will see a very thing film of oil appear on the surface if it is oil.

There have been stories of oil filters not being tight enough from the factory but your's will have been serviced a few times since then - not to say it may not be the cause.
got some water and couldn't see any oil appear on the surface so fingers crossed it was just the air con drain. Funnily enough the car was just recently serviced by Ford so they could have not tightened it properly.. Shurely not haha eek

pop the coolant reservoir lid off and check coolant.. is there an oily film on top? if so you have the dreaded oil cooler failure.. don't start the car and call your ford dealer for a replacement engine (best option) / complete tear down and rebuild then multiple fluid changes to get the crud out of the coolant system (ford dealer option).
eeek - will check this shortly. Any time for this would be bad but when dealers are all shut it's a show stopper!
Sponsored