Sponsored

Think I could sell the Active Exhaust off an 18'?

Ebm

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Guy
Vehicle(s)
'14 GT

So, you don't even own the car yet, and you've already decided the stock Active Exhaust isn't for you?

You know massively loud exhausts are really ghey, right?
Says the guy who has a loud exhaust. I don't think I've ever heard a quiet aftermarket exhaust on a v8.
Sponsored

Franklin Yeti

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Luke
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT PP (Magnetic Metallic)
I have the active exhaust and added an H-pipe to it recently. I love the sound, loudness and tone of it with the H-pipe. For me, it added just the right amount of sound increase and lower tone. I drove it for a 75 mile backroad ride yesterday, and had it on track mode. I ended up needing to quiet the exhaust after about 50 miles of ripping up the backroads. I liked having the option of lowering the sound when I felt like it. I'm not sure I could handle all out exhaust for an extended run. Just me.

OP
OP

Grifftech

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT Premium
Well I have had for 9 days now and I love it!!! The wife enjoys riding in the car, I can set Mode to Normal and Exhaust to quiet and she is happy! When it’s me everything goes Track! May swap thecresonator for an X pipe and am considering longtubes

SergeyMelnik

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Sergey
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT PP
Well I have had for 9 days now and I love it!!! The wife enjoys riding in the car, I can set Mode to Normal and Exhaust to quiet and she is happy! When it’s me everything goes Track! May swap thecresonator for an X pipe and am considering longtubes
Longtubes and x pipe even in quiet mode will probably be kinda loud. I suggest a borla or magnaflow resonated x with longtubes. Plus I think it will sound better.

Sponsored

S550MG

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 S550
There's a guy on one of the facebook groups that bought 18' active muffles and installed them on his 16'. He was able to wire it up to a switch and switch between loud and quiet. It doesn't have the same functionality but still pretty awesome. The best thing is the active mufflers only cost like $480 from Ford.

Op, you can probably sell your easily but I wouldn't expect to get much for them if I were you.

pyrophilus

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 ShadowBlack GT Premium401a, PP1, ActiveExhaust
Do you have to set it to Track mode every time you start the car or will it stay in Track Mode setting?
It defaults back to normal when you cycle your ignition, but you can also setup "my mode" in the 12" dash, and I have "sport" steering feel and exhaust set to "sport". It lets you hold the "ok" button to program the my mode. After that, everytime you start the car, you just flick the drive mode toggle switch twice (first will select "normal", even though are you already in normal), and if you have my mode programmed, the second flick will bring up the stored "my mode" and you get your exhaust.
Sponsored