Sponsored

Think I could sell the Active Exhaust off an 18'?

Grifftech

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT Premium
I have finally found an Orange Fury, 401A, Black Accent Pack and 10spd Auto I want badly but it has the Active Exhaust and I really want to put Corsa Extreme Cat back on it. So have no need for the Active

Sponsored

Cobra Jet

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 EB Prem. w/PP and 94 Mustang Cobra
You could sell the actual exhaust piping/mufflers, but the active won’t be active without the electronics that control it.

NorthernBeast

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Black '17 GT350
Vehicle Showcase
I have an 18 Gt with the active exhaust and from a sound standpoint as well as functionality what would be the benefit of not using it? If it's loudness or sound you can add an X or H pipe for like $175 and take things up even further.

But in Track mode it is LOUD stock

brpec

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4WD
I have an 18 Gt with the active exhaust and from a sound standpoint as well as functionality what would be the benefit of not using it? If it's loudness or sound you can add an X or H pipe for like $175 and take things up even further.

The benefit is that the op loves the corsa extreme. Simple. Everybody has a different taste and preference.

Sponsored

NoVaGT

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 PP1 GT Kona
I have finally found an Orange Fury, 401A, Black Accent Pack and 10spd Auto I want badly but it has the Active Exhaust and I really want to put Corsa Extreme Cat back on it. So have no need for the Active

So, you don't even own the car yet, and you've already decided the stock Active Exhaust isn't for you?

You know massively loud exhausts are really ghey, right?

obgod3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT, PP1, 401A, A10
Drive it for a while, be sure you dont like it. Then if you dont change it...yeh its 1K down the drain but it gives you time.

OP
OP

Grifftech

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT Premium
So, you don't even own the car yet, and you've already decided the stock Active Exhaust isn't for you?

You know massively loud exhausts are really ghey, right?
No, but I know Triple Yellow cars are!! :p

OP
OP

Grifftech

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT Premium

Do you have to set it to Track mode every time you start the car or will it stay in Track Mode setting?

NoVaGT

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 PP1 GT Kona

Sponsored

scottmoyer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 GT and 2016 GT
I have a '17 and I'm waiting for someone close to me to sell their active exhaust!! So yes, you will be able to sell it.

ScottyRyan2018

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 BMW M2, 2023 Mazda CX-30
Do you have to set it to Track mode every time you start the car or will it stay in Track Mode setting?
Mine defaults back to "Normal" each time I turn the car off.

NoReins

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Work in Progress
you can put a non-active exhaust system on your car, but you would just lose the function of the different exhaust modes.

It may take a while for exhaust companies to come out with specific active exhaust systems, since probably Non-Active Exhaust Cars take up about 75-80% of the Market.

ScottsGT

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT, DIB
I'd love to have one. Just waiting on someone to make a circuit to drive it. I'd be cautious about throwing 12V on the leads. It might be servo driven.
Sponsored