Sponsored

Things you'd like to see added to this gen or in the next gen Mustang

shogun32

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT/PP, '23 GB Mach1, '12 Audi S5 (v8+6mt)
Vehicle Showcase
Wireless phone charging, or even a better place to put a large phone
fold it in half? Though I admit my blackberry 9000 and BB10 drop nicely into the tray ahead of the shifter and anyhow a single charge lasts for 3 days...
Sponsored

Strokerswild

Shallow and Pedantic
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
Things With Wheels
Leather seating as a stand-alone option not requiring Premium trim, and heated only.
This.

The ONLY reason I ordered a Premium was because I wanted red leather seats. That's it, I didn't care about any of the other fluff that came with the package. I wish I could have ordered it radio/audio delete as well, actually.

On a related note, I'd love to see ala carte options instead of package hell. Jeep has this down to a science on the Wranglers, I was able to order EXACTLY what I wanted on my last one without packages full of crap that I had no interest in.

shogun32

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
The ONLY reason I ordered a Premium was because I wanted red leather seats
I looked at premiums and at Katzkin and "to hell I'm giving Ford any money for this cheap-ass 'not leather' with lousy color selection". I barely regret not getting 301A after having lived with 101A on my Ecoboost for a year, but really the only useful attribute was the bigger screen for displaying Google moving maps instead of figuring out a way and location to mount my phone. And anyway the retrofit kit was only like $700 instead of 2 grand. The B&O is a sick joke remedied with ~$300 worth of parts/labor. My F150 has the voice-Nav and what a useless pos that is.

bigplayrayr

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ray
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Premium Coupe
fold it in half? Though I admit my blackberry 9000 and BB10 drop nicely into the tray ahead of the shifter and anyhow a single charge lasts for 3 days...
I wish the tray in front of the shifter was just a bit larger and then it would accommodate a large Iphone.

MidwayJ

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jay
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Coupe
Vehicle Showcase
Better steering wheel, better paint, better sounding audio systems, and less weight.

That's all. Even now I can't bring myself to pay for a fully loaded GT. My A10 400A car is a hell of a performance bargain and I'm happy!

Sponsored

Ecoboosted

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18' Mustang GT, 19' Road Glide
It would be nice to access the climate controls with separate buttons or dials that you don’t have to go thru with the touch screen. It gets annoying by having to go through 3 steps to change or adjust anything.

Less weight would be great even 200 lbs would be nice.

Optional wheels to choose from instead of the standard black PP1 wheels.

360 degree camera or at least a front camera.

Dial in the suspension. Too much slop and rear cradles that are barely within specs and some are leaving the factory out of spec.

Better quality control. It’s unacceptable to have cars leaving the factory with misaligned panels. A10 trans leaving the factory low on fluid.

Being able to adjust Magneride without it being tied to the different modes. I’d like to have Sport+ Magneride setting on normal mode etc.

H.U.D as an option but out of my view from being directly in my central sight of the road. Possibly to the left maybe 5 inches?

The option for Brembo rear brakes.

Better quality paint. Chips way too easy.

BoostRabbitGT

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
D
Vehicle(s)
'19 Mustang EcoBoost
In another thread there was a discussion about the Mach E being called the Mustang and not the Mach E in advertising. Among the thoughts discussed there was (once again) the possibility of Mustang becoming its own [sub]brand. I gave that some thought and realized while a performance oriented sub brand would be nice, I don't think you could do more than two or three different variants completely separate from the Mustang coupe before it goes into potential "Oh, you're selling out the brand" territory. My brainstorming consequently came up with this:

Mustang: coupe/convertible, 2+2 with optional rear seat delete, RWD/AWD, V8/hybrid V8 or V6/I-4)

Gran Torino (or Falcon): midsize or full size grand coupe/sedan, same or similar drivetrain and engine options

Cougar: the "Baby Mustang" 2+2 compact coupe, most likely FWD (maybe AWD as an option), I-4 or V6

I think anything smaller than a compact would make a Mustang [sub]brand tread dangerously close to producing something like a Mirage (supposedly very reliable but severely underpowered), Yaris (I do like the GR Yaris, but I'm talking the non-performance versions here), or Prius (unless we're talking PriuSRT or a sleeper take on it, I'll most likely pass). But anything bigger than a midsize or even full size sedan means it's likely they try aiming for the crossover/SUV market (which Ford already does and doesn't need to do with said Mustang [sub]brand).

Last edited:

shogun32

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Grand Torino (or Falcon): midsize or full size grand coupe/sedan, same or similar drivetrain and engine options
4 doors, honest seating for 4 adults, truncated roof-line, think Mach-E/BMW X5. Likely hybrid.

Cougar: the "Baby Mustang" 2+2 compact coupe, most likely FWD (maybe AWD as an option), I-4 or V6
I'd say pure 2 seater, soft-top only, shorter and narrower, 2.3EB only. Maybe a pure electric. Think Miata.

Sponsored

Fly2High

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Frank
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT PP2
How did I forget the hood struts!

You know what is funny? Many ask for less weight and yet most ask for things that only add weight to it.

To me, a sports car needs to be light. As we pack on the pounds, we are further removing ourselves from being a sports car. Sure, throw a big engine with more horsepower and maybe they won't notice it....

NoVaGT

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 PP1 GT Kona
7SPD manual. The MT82-D4 has gearing that takes the fun out of the car. Go back to the original gearing, then add a 7th gear for highway cruising.

Bikeman315

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ira
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT/CS, 2021 Volvo XC60
To me, a sports car needs to be light. As we pack on the pounds, we are further removing ourselves from being a sports car. Sure, throw a big engine with more horsepower and maybe they won't notice it....
If you want a sports car, get a Miata. The Mustang may be a lot of things but a sports car it is not.
7SPD manual. The MT82-D4 has gearing that takes the fun out of the car. Go back to the original gearing, then add a 7th gear for highway cruising.
7 Speed? Keep your fingers crossed that the S650 gets a manual at all. Think that's heresy? Well it is but it doesn't mean it can't happen.

NoVaGT

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 PP1 GT Kona
If you want a sports car, get a Miata. The Mustang may be a lot of things but a sports car it is not.
It's interesting how Mustangs are different things to different people. But really, it's a Pony Car, which is quite it's own thing. Measuring it against others, it's a Sports Coupe Grand Tourer.

But when people call it a Muscle Car? Good grief, my eyes roll back into my head.

7 Speed? Keep your fingers crossed that the S650 gets a manual at all. Think that's heresy? Well it is but it doesn't mean it can't happen.
I heartened that Porsche put a manual back in the 911. I'm hoping Chevy get's back to a manual offering in the Corvette. And hopefully the Mustang keeps offering one.

I wouldn't be too upset if they skipped the manual offering and added a DCT. But if the drop it and only offer a standard auto, that would be a real let-down.