Last edited:

Chad11491

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 Lightning Blue GT Premium PP
proper panel fitment
improved build quality
less creaks and rattles, especially if they're going to peddle 50k+ standard GT's
paint that doesn't chip when you glare at it
less weight
solid rear caliper to match the front

Zelek

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang Mach 1
I'd like to see a Tremec gearbox. Something a little smoother than the MT-82 which I still need to swap the fluid in.

More balanced driveshafts.

danpass

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
Focus ST Triple Yellow
What some of you are asking for is called a Ford GT.

Based on my experience at Roush and Chrysler, as a mechanical engineer; accounting and marketing definitely have a say in the car.

Why didn't the Thunderbird SVT come out? (during my Roush days) "It would take away sales from the Mk VIII." (They were talking about the Lincoln Mark VIII.)

Small minded thinking at it's peak. It was nauseatingly stupid.

_

WaltA

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 Mustang GT Convertible
The problem is there isn't a luxury Mustang. Just higher performance models.
BTW - I mentioned in another thread, I'd LOVE for Lincoln to offer a CTS-V/M5/M6/E63/RS7 competitor based on the Mustang. :clap2:
I don't know if a luxury Mustang quite fits into today's DNA? What, bring back the Grande? I mean, start a Grande thread here, and see if it is as active as the Mach 1 one.

However, a Lincoln XR7, based on the Mustang, but with possibly an extra 10" of leg room in the back (giving you a total leg room of 10.00001" :) ), would be great.

... and a hard-top convertible? My god, I'd buy that on day one. :love:
Me too. :cheers:

Though, possibly due to cost, a hard-top convertible might be (again) a better fit for a Lincoln XR7. ;)

Sponsored

Snagged

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'03 Cobra, '17 Corrolla
7 liter V8
twin turbo V8
weight around 3400 lbs
cheaper interior
poorer build quality
lower price
That is about the size of it, ha. Have to remember, the more equipment added the more the price. Mustangs are already getting pretty expensive. Give me something to sit in that is comfortable and nice to look at and i'm good to go.

OP
OP
Spork3245

Spork3245

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT Premium PP1 w/Magneride
No I dont know what all they show but maybe I just dont get it cause I dont DD mine.
A good HUD will display your current speed/rpm, speed limit of the current road, media/radio info, (A)CC info, GPS info (next turn and distance), etc. Currently, for instance, if I’m checking to see how far till my next turn on the GPS, I must quickly look at the infotainment screen which takes my eyes off the road, with a HUD it’s projected onto the corner of the windshield and hologramed to the nose of the hood - I can see all pertinent things without EVER needing my eyes to slip away from the road, even when trying to find a good song. This reduces driver distraction and potentially decreases accidents when split-seconds matter (ie: a deer dives in front of you). The ability to have more info in front of you while you can see the road is unarguably a good thing. :)

I don't understand this. My wife's Pathfinder has this and I hate it. My mirrors are aimed at my blindspots and when in reverse they point straight down. I have no need to look at the ground when I'm backing up. It is irritating as well. I've asked Nissan how to turn that feature off but they either don't know or don't care to investigate how.

Back on topic I'd want weight reduction, a proper DCT gearbox, shift paddles mounted on the column not the wheel, power reclining seat backs and HUD.
I’m with you on the mirrors, just give me a 360 camera or curb cameras instead :p

It is already too porky, they don't need to add, they need to get it on a bloody diet as such:

- 2-piece disc all round, 10kg or more saving from current.
- Brembo calipers all round, ditch the ugly rear POS caliper
- HUD, cheap and way overdue.
- 500HP with 7800rpm redline
- 440lb/ft
- More weight saving in the suspension from materials, 20-30kg lighter
- More forged wheel options (10kg or more saving)

In short 500HP stock and under 1650kg please with further improved handling/balance.

I don’t believe any of the comfort options I mentioned would add any actual weight/pork :p

OP
OP
Spork3245

Spork3245

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
That is about the size of it, ha. Have to remember, the more equipment added the more the price. Mustangs are already getting pretty expensive. Give me something to sit in that is comfortable and nice to look at and i'm good to go.
Yes, of course, that’s why I mentioned as options for people who don’t mind paying $55k, not standard equipment. The Mustang could offer all of these things as options and still price the same as it currently does at its base (minus the weight reduction and bigger v8 people keep wanting :D )

MUSThavaSTANG

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 GT 6 speed PP
Adding crap to the Mustang is the problem. How about eliminating all non-necessities that have turned a fun, affordable performance car into something unrecognizable?

No power seats or windows
No driver nannies
No rain-sensing wipers (height of laziness)
No heated or cooled seats

I can't believe someone mentioned a self-parking Mustang. You drive a Mustang and don't know how to park it??

Let all the luxury lovers go buy a Beemer.

If you want Ford to add anything, how about letting us add items a la carte instead of having to throw down thousands of dollars for a package?

Madtel4

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Lee
Vehicle(s)
21 MACH 1, HP 1064, 20 Ranger XLT & 20 Explorer ST
A keypad option like other Fords.
Most of all a PP2 car with a 10A.
Bigger better looking rear brakes!
Lee

Sponsored

EcoVert

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ecoboost convertible
Vehicle Showcase
Adding crap to the Mustang is the problem. How about eliminating all non-necessities that have turned a fun, affordable performance car into something unrecognizable?

No driver nannies

I can't believe someone mentioned a self-parking Mustang. You drive a Mustang and don't know how to park it??

If you want Ford to add anything, how about letting us add items a la carte instead of having to throw down thousands of dollars for a package?
Unfortunately at least 95% of buyers want all those items. But I have to say I'm like you I could do without them. I really like the a la cart ideal and I think it would draw new buyers.

EcoVert

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ecoboost convertible
Vehicle Showcase

No driver nannies

That would be a great way to bring back the Mustang LX. Let the GT have all the power equipment and nannies and the LX wouldn't have any of them.

MUSThavaSTANG

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 GT 6 speed PP
Unfortunately at least 95% of buyers want all those items. But I have to say I'm like you I could do without them. I really like the a la cart ideal and I think it would draw new buyers.
I'm sure we are the vast minority. :cheers:

HoosierDaddy

Threads
Reaction score
Winchestertonfieldville (ok, Scottsdale), AZ
First Name
Randy
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium PP
I don't understand this. My wife's Pathfinder has this and I hate it. My mirrors are aimed at my blindspots and when in reverse they point straight down.
I'd try Nissan forums for a way to turn them off. There should be a way. It's an option in GM cars.

They are a mixed bag. I very often back into parking spaces and almost always in an end space, so they are a big help to get an inch or less from the curb to maximize the distance from the parking space on the other side. They are a plus for me in my ATS. But I don't like them for other backing. So overall just a very small plus. I guess they could also be useful for people who have a hard time parallel parking.

So I sometimes manually lower one mirror for parking purposes in the Mustang as opposed to sometime manually raising the automatically lowering mirrors in the Cadillac. But even if it's 50/50, the win goes to automatic lowering because manually lowering, like in the Mustang, leaves you with a useless mirror if you forget to manually return it before starting forward. Safer to not be manually fiddling with mirrors while driving. Ford disables the memory buttons while moving.

If you have less than 3 drivers of your Mustang, you can use the third memory button to lower the mirrors. Of course make sure to match that to a seat position that lets the driver with the shortest legs keep the clutch depressed as the seats move. ;)

OP
OP
Spork3245

Spork3245

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)

No driver nannies

Yes, it’d be much better to have a Mustang in 2019 and onward that had offered no options and only had the same features as a car from the 80s. That will certainly be a sales hit and will absolutely attract more buyers! In fact, those who use a Mustang for their daily driver would certainly be more keen on getting one like this!
:frusty:

I mean... that’s literally what was stated in the OP. “Options”, not standard equipment. You can get your stripped down weekend car, I can pay 2x as much via options for the comforts I’d want on my DD without having to get an unreliable German car.
Sponsored