Things you never knew your car did!

Zambonicassoni

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Michael
Vehicle(s)
2019 Need for Green Ecoboost 101a
Mine has to be by just slightly moving the turn signal switch up or down the car will use the blinker 3 times then turn off to signal a lane change, though I never use the feature all that much.
Sponsored

MikeHTally

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2015 EcoBoost Mustang, 2020 Explorer Limited
Vehicle Showcase
1. yes, just because it might be only 60 degrees outside, the engine has still been off for 5+ hours and should allow for the lubricants to move about before driving hard IMO.
2. my 2012 focus without any bells and whistles did not have dimming gauges
Nah, just start it up and go. The only "warm up" I do is for me when it's 20 degrees. It'll warm up faster moving anyway,

Ed M

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ed
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT convertible
I learned my 18 had a button to open the trunk after six months of ownership.
You never hit the trunk button accidentally when reaching for the sunglasses tray?

Or are you talking about the bumper button?

BiancoV

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT, 1969 Torino GT
You never hit the trunk button accidentally when reaching for the sunglasses tray?

Or are you talking about the bumper button?
Nope, I meant the one to the left of the steering wheel. And I did use the sunglass tray often..

Sponsored

frank s

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.fsheff.com
First Name
frank
Vehicle(s)
Stang '19 Magnetic, EcoBoost™, Vert, MagneRide® PP
Vehicle Showcase
Cruising along, keeping up with 80 MPH traffic, I heard the Driver Door Is Ajar/Trunk Is Ajar bong-bong-bong alarm. Neither was true. There is a Too Fast sound in the dash cam, set at 75 MPH, but it's not loud enough to overcome travel noise at that speed, and it's a wimpy sound at best. I thought it might have improved its voice, so I slowed to 66 MPH, but the bong-bong-bong continued. Slowed even more to check all the dash information displays. The only thing active was the left turn green arrow, a leftover from my usual freeway entry/merge lane changes. Cancelled it and the bong-bong-bong ended.

Would I be safe in saying there are Driver Door Is Ajar/Trunk Is Ajar/Hood Is Ajar AND Old Guy Left His Turn Signal On bong bong bong alerts built in? I'd be too embarrassed to drive around out there and test for it.

JohnDoe

<3 short walks to my car
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 pp vert
Cruising along, keeping up with 80 MPH traffic, I heard the Driver Door Is Ajar/Trunk Is Ajar bong-bong-bong alarm. Neither was true. There is a Too Fast sound in the dash cam, set at 75 MPH, but it's not loud enough to overcome travel noise at that speed, and it's a wimpy sound at best. I thought it might have improved its voice, so I slowed to 66 MPH, but the bong-bong-bong continued. Slowed even more to check all the dash information displays. The only thing active was the left turn green arrow, a leftover from my usual freeway entry/merge lane changes. Cancelled it and the bong-bong-bong ended.

Would I be safe in saying there are Driver Door Is Ajar/Trunk Is Ajar/Hood Is Ajar AND Old Guy Left His Turn Signal On bong bong bong alerts built in? I'd be too embarrassed to drive around out there and test for it.
sometimes I get the trunk ajar light after hitting a hard bump or jump but when I pull over and check the trunk, it’s still closed

Bri's_5.0

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brian
Vehicle(s)
'15 GT PP, '16 F-150 5.0, '00 Town Car Cartier
Is there any way to display my speed on the digital portion of my analog clustered '15 GT?

My '16 F-150 has it.

HiTekExec

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Michael
Vehicle(s)
2021 GT500; 2021 Mach-e GT Performance

I'd go with Old Guy on a bong left his turn signal on

teetoppz28

Walking on the dark side
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT 400a PP1
Nope, I meant the one to the left of the steering wheel. And I did use the sunglass tray often..
Oh! Is that what that is?? I thought it was a convenient taco holder! :rockon:

Sponsored

Chef jpd

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT PP1 6M, Grab ass lime. Ex: 2016 EB PPP CO
Vehicle Showcase
giphy.gif