Sponsored

Things Are a Freaking Mess (Millennial Viewpoint) [LOCKED DUE TO POLITICS & INSULTING BEHAVIOR]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nightmonkey

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jens
Vehicle(s)
2020 Bullitt
I'm an operations manager in the resort/tourism industry.
If you want to switch to something solid at some point: people always have to eat, shit and die, so business is always good somehow. ☝🤓
My wife has just switched from tourism to veterinary medicine for farm animals.

Apart from that, let it noise. 🙉

In any case, the demographic change in my country will ensure that I will always find a job in the next ~30 years. Even if it's as a forklift operator in the local food factory's cold storage.🥶
But it' s doubtful that there will be anyone to wipe my ass in the retirement home later on. 💩
Sponsored

sk47

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
Chevy Silverado & Nissan Sentra SE
OP
OP

Shifting_Gears

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
Vehicle Scrappage Policy: 15-year-old vehicles to be phased out, government issues draft notification (msn.com)
Hello; I figure all of you can see the problem with such a policy. I have a 22 year old car and a 18 year old truck. Forced scrapping of government vehicles will reduce parts available for the old cars for one thing. Smacks of pushing into EV's for another.
It looks like that is for India, not the states, thankfully. Although something like that could happen here too, I’m sure. They have a major pollution issue and I’m sure their vehicle/emissions technology has improved substantially over that period of time, which is probably part of the push for this.

Somewhat reminds me of cash for clunkers. What a terrible time in automotive history.

sk47

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
Chevy Silverado & Nissan Sentra SE
It looks like that is for India, not the states, thankfully. Although something like that could happen here too, I’m sure. They have a major pollution issue and I’m sure their vehicle/emissions technology has improved substantially over that period of time, which is probably part of the push for this.

Somewhat reminds me of cash for clunkers. What a terrible time in automotive history.
Hello; Correct, this is in India. Thing is such an idea could catch on. At first it would be only for old government vehicles.

Gregs24

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Greg
Vehicle(s)
Mustang V8 GT, Ford Kuga PHEV
These are the same people that for the past two years have felt morally superior for wearing muzzles.
Of course it is also entirely possible that they were wearing masks out of consideration and concern for their fellow citizens and mitigating the risk of transmission of a disease for which wearing masks was shown to be beneficial. I did, and so did many of my friends and colleagues. It didn't make me feel superior in any way at all.

Sponsored

Vlad Soare

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Vlad
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT 6MT
Of course it is also entirely possible that they were wearing masks out of consideration and concern for their fellow citizens and mitigating the risk of transmission of a disease for which wearing masks was shown to be beneficial. I did, and so did many of my friends and colleagues. It didn't make me feel superior in any way at all.
I can assure you I've met a lot who felt superior for wearing them. If you didn't, kudos to you.

Paul McWhiskey

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Paul
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT Premium w/PP
Virtue signal?

jtmat

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vert turbo!!!!
I can assure you I've met a lot who felt superior for wearing them. If you didn't, kudos to you.
I can assure you I've met a lot of people who felt superior for not wearing them.

Who would feel superior wearing a mask? That is insane.

Vlad Soare

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Vlad
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT 6MT
You'd be surprised. My list of Facebook friends has shrunk to about one third of what it used to be, because I just couldn't stand posts like "I'm wearing a mask because I care. How about you?". It made me want to puke.

jtmat

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vert turbo!!!!
You'd be surprised. My list of Facebook friends has shrunk to about one third of what it used to be, because I just couldn't stand posts like "I'm wearing a mask because I care. How about you?". It made me want to puke.
That is not being "superior"... that is your interpretation and insecurities bouncing back at you.

I wore a mast around my elderly mother. Was I being superior? Gee....

Sponsored

Gregs24

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Greg
Vehicle(s)
If you hate your friends for 'caring' what does that say about you?

Egparson202

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Shelby GT350, 2018 Audi TTRS
That is not being "superior"... that is your interpretation and insecurities bouncing back at you.

I wore a mast around my elderly mother. Was I being superior? Gee....
Doesnt sound like he’s talking about you.

Gregs24

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Greg
Vehicle(s)
I can assure you I've met a lot of people who felt superior for not wearing them.

Who would feel superior NOT wearing a mask - other than signalling that you don't care about those around you?

Are you suggesting I shouldn't wear a mask when carrying out surgery and that it would make me feel superior?
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.