• Welcome to Mustang7G!

If you're joining us from Mustang6G, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on Mustang6G as of March 10, 2021 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Theft Deterrent Device for RECARO Equipped Mustangs Only

OP
OP
roadpilot

roadpilot

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
24 Dark Horse, 21 F150 Platinum, 16 ATS4, 14 LTZ
You’ll also be walking around after parking your car most of the time! Anyone can pick off the signals of your key fob and simply steal your car with the copied signals too! SLNT has key fob pocket to prevent signals transmitting out of it and render the thieves from stealing your car!
No, most of the time I park my car and either go into my house or my office. Either way, I almost never have my keys on my person. They live my backpack, and I don't walk around the house or office with my backpack on.
Sponsored

RLE55

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150 FX4, 2024 Mustang GT Vert PP NP
Hmm, the SNLT one might be less bulky like the Ticonn one I have......🤔

steveo1960

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT Premium 401a, Auto, AE, Atlas Blue
I get it that the OP was satire. A set of bolt cutters on the steering wheel and it's gone. Personally, my FOB goes in a faraday box at home and I did test it. When traveling, I have a Faraday pouch for the FOB... I have the Premium / 401a alarm system... It seems pretty sensitive as when feral cats and other animals get around the car it blinks the lights which scares them off. Nothing is perfect though...

keithwalton

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Blue Ember Dark Horse on order, Mercedes SLC
You’ll also be walking around after parking your car most of the time! Anyone can pick off the signals of your key fob and simply steal your car with the copied signals too! SLNT has key fob pocket to prevent signals transmitting out of it and render the thieves from stealing your car!
It's not a copied signal but a relayed / extended one. The signals from your key / car follow a one time pattern that are in sync with each other.
They challenge and respond to each other and the code rotates every few seconds. So they can't be stored for later use.

The range of the relay can be quite long but their transmitter and receiver have to be within a couple of meters of you and your car at the same time.
I'd hope you'd notice someone following you with an antenna pointing at you ...

Roadpilot probably heard it from me and i did ask someone to test if ford have actually done what they've said they're going to do with the key!

The owners manual says it's approx 1 minute. and the key has to be within 1m of the car to unlock and inside the car to start.

OP
OP
roadpilot

roadpilot

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
It's not a copied signal but a relayed / extended one. The signals from your key / car follow a one time pattern that are in sync with each other.
They challenge and respond to each other and the code rotates every few seconds. So they can't be stored for later use.

The range of the relay can be quite long but their transmitter and receiver have to be within a couple of meters of you and your car at the same time.

Roadpilot probably heard it from me and i did ask someone to test if ford have actually done what they've said they're going to do with the key!

The owners manual says it's approx 1 minute. and the key has to be within 1m of the car to unlock and inside the car to start.
Thank you for the constructive comments. They are getting more and more rare around here these day. Must be something in the water.

OP
OP
roadpilot

roadpilot

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
That slows down a thief for probably 10 seconds…Liquid nitrogen is your friend or not…Gone in 30 seconds…LOL
I get it that the OP was satire. A set of bolt cutters on the steering wheel and it's gone. Personally, my FOB goes in a faraday box at home and I did test it. When traveling, I have a Faraday pouch for the FOB... I have the Premium / 401a alarm system... It seems pretty sensitive as when feral cats and other animals get around the car it blinks the lights which scares them off. Nothing is perfect though...
Yes, it was satire.

That said, MOST car thefts are crimes of opportunity, and most criminals don't walk around with LN₂ or huge bolt cutters in thier back pockets. For the rare times I pocket my fob and go into the store, they aren't going to be able to get a signal while I'm in Walmart (surrounded by 250 other key fobs).

My property is all adequatley insured. Hope everyone else's is, too. I don't live my life in fear. It's only a car, for heaven's sake.

Last edited:

steveo1960

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT Premium 401a, Auto, AE, Atlas Blue
Yes, it was satire.

That said, MOST car thefts are crimes of opportunity, and most criminals don't walk around with LN₂ or huge bolt cutters in their back pockets. For the rare times I pocket my fob and go into the store, they aren't going to be able to get a signal while I'm in Walmart (surrounded by 250 other key fobs).

My property is all adequately insured. Hope everyone else's is, too. I don't live my life in fear. It's only a car, for heaven's sake.
True statement. Unless it's a particular type of car that the thieves are looking for, in which case it will probably be carefully planned out, they target the low hanging fruit. Like an idiot who leaves the car running while going into the 7-11 for a cup of cafe.

Last edited:

Rocket Man

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Challenger Scat Pack Shaker, 2024 GT (soon)
True statement. Unless it's a particular type of car that the thieves are looking for, in which case it will probably be carefully planned out, they target the low hanging fruit.
Like Chargers, Challengers, Kia and Hyundai
Easiest cars to steal

keithwalton

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Blue Ember Dark Horse on order, Mercedes SLC
Thank you for the constructive comments. They are getting more and more rare around here these day. Must be something in the water.
I am on the other side of the pond waiting for my car to be built and then set sail over this way ...

Relay theft was quite a big problem in the uk / europe when keyless entry first became mainstream. As a lot of newish cars had insecure systems.

Thefts were still off the opportunistic kind where thieves would wander neighbourhoods at the dead of night. See a nice car on a driveway and would use a cheap directional radio setup to see if the owner had left the keys by the front door.
Manufacturers responded when it became a mainstream problem and fitted motion sensors to keys.
This also helped with key battery life.

Since the key updates and the mass adoption of video doorbells theft rates are now going down.

From a random sample 46% (up from 44%) of thefts from vehicles in 2022-3 was from door not locked.
Remote key attack was 10% (down from 14%)
Offender using the key was 12% up from 9%.
I'm assuming that means they took the key then used it.

Paul's stable

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Dark Horse 2006 GT with Temec 6 speed 4.11

On my Dark Horse the lights don't start to flash until I am about three feet from the front of the car. This is the direction when I go out to the car. I have a Faraday box for the keys and really good insurance LoL So I don't worry much.
Sponsored