You said member ;)
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jaime
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT500, 2022 F150 PowerBoost
Vehicle Showcase
So its just a cars and coffee thing, I get it now.
I wouldn't say that. Air suspension is very functional. It will give the best ride possible IMHO, and it will perform very well for handling. I can not get into how well, or not well on a track as I did not track mine.

I was able to adjust the ride height of my car to my liking with the push of a button. This allowed me to dial in exactly what I was looking for to a "t". Then, when I wanted to use my two post lift, or four post lift, I could push a preset height button to raise the car and be able to slide the lift arms under, or drive up on the lift ramps. When I was done, just push a button and I was exactly where I liked it again. Came in very handy for the shitty roads, and parking lot entrances as well.

It's way more than a "car's & coffee" suspension. It's just not you cup of coffee :like:
Sponsored

Tomster

Beware of idiots
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
'20 RR GT500R(CFTP), 18 OW GT350R Base, '17 AG GT350R Electronics Pack, '97 PG Cobra Convertible
Yea, not a TRACK thing...
Then why? If you are going to do it, you should see it through and set your camber at -20*.

Alex.Envy

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Alex
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350
The front struts are about 10lbs lighter, the rear bag is about 1-2lbs lighter than the spring, and the rear shock is about 1-2 lbs lighter as well. This is all without it being pressurized. The whole trunk set up I did weighed in around 20-25lbs which includes two 2.5 gallon tanks, two compressors, management, and a board to hold it all under the spare tire well. So if anything the weights transferred more to the rear.

That being said the best weight reduction for my car would be a driver mod, but I love taco Tuesday and strawberry cheesecake Sunday!

OP
OP
50 Deep

50 Deep

Signature Wheel Ford Rep
Gold Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.signaturewheel.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350R
Bagging them groceries. Preview of our time with Alex’s bagged GT500.

Manny231988

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT 2013 GT500
That’s Tight I’m sure his final wheels selection will be bad ass, car looks nice rolling down the road T.

Sponsored

Zelek

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang Mach 1
All that money spent on obtaining the car and you go and do this. Sorry... not a fan. Car is ruined. If you want stance nation, get an Infiniti.

Manny231988

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT 2013 GT500
All that money spent on obtaining the car and you go and do this. Sorry... not a fan. Car is ruined. If you want stance nation, get an Infinity.
lol come on mannnn, how is the car ruined ? Cuz it goes lower than normal suspension, air suspension can be tuned just as good as anything else, I have several shelbys and never taken them else where but to a drag strip to run, he can still do it all he’s not limited to anything, I get everyone has an opinion but to tell the man his car is ruined cuz of air???? Idk sound shitty

Zelek

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang Mach 1
lol come on mannnn, how is the car ruined ? Cuz it goes lower than normal suspension, air suspension can be tuned just as good as anything else, I have several shelbys and never taken them else where but to a drag strip to run, he can still do it all he’s not limited to anything, I get everyone has an opinion but to tell the man his car is ruined cuz of air???? Idk sound shitty
Just an opinion. These cars aren't cheap and slamming it to the ground with crazy wheels isn't something I'd say is ideal for a GT500. I know that's the beauty of air suspension with being able to do double duty, but if I'm dropping this kind of money on a rare car, I'm not bagging it.

Some will love it, some will hate it. Stance nationing a GT500 is a sin.

kilobravo

Threads
Reaction score
Website
kilobravo.com
First Name
KB
Vehicle(s)
'16 CT6, '18 SD, '20 GT 500
So its just a cars and coffee thing, I get it now.
I got a really good chuckle out of that one, Tom...thanks, man..really cuz it was so "you." <MOST friendly smile>

@Zelek: Fortunately, it's still a free country in which we live and your opinion is as legitimate as anyone's. But as Manny said and I agree, it's just "parts" that can be added or removed and the car itself is none the worse for wear. And I'm sure Alex isn't slamming it up and down to the stops, heck, as smart as things are today, a high dollar rig like this or the one Jaime described probably even prevent that. Bottom line, to each his own but I don't believe the car has suffered.

Peace

Edit: Forgot to add...

T: Looks like you (or someone helping you) is stepping up their Toob game...in any event, someone did a mighty fine job on that clip. I've made enough of them (and none NEAR that good,) to know. Well done.

IceAge

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
GG
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT 500, 2022 GT500, 2020 GT Mustang, Raptor,
But but but why why why why😳

Sponsored

Houston Kid

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 GT500 HE CFTP, '18 WK2 ,'16 Audi A7
Like others have said, I can appreciate the time and effort to pull this off, but for damn sure not for me. Nope, nope, nope.
To each their own.

DonnieO

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Donnie
Vehicle(s)
2017 mustang gt cs
Air suspension has been in racing forever. Please do your research before you just state you don't like it because it's slammed to the ground. Plus air suspension ain't cheap.
Sponsored

Last edited: