GR11M

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Graham
Vehicle(s)
Ford Mustang GT
Vehicle Showcase
What did you purchase where you experienced either a poor product or service, or the product was damaged in transit and how it was resolved by the retailer ?

1. Roush CAI from AM - I was sent the wrong fitting, so the tube wouldn't fit the air box. Took months to get the right part but AM refunded me the price of the entire intake.
  2. Steeda hood latch from AM - Shoddy piece of kit that wobbles from poor design. Steeda couldn't give a shit so I had to super glue a washer into the center to fix it.
  3. Mishimoto rad from AM - Turned up bent and dented. I bent it back and installed it anyway.
  4. Kooks LTH from AM - The LTH didn't fit, Kooks were still trying to optimise their product and manufacturing process for rhd cars, due to their tolerances being outside the very tight fitments required. They first tried sending a smaller starter motor but it ended up being the same as the stock one. My garage ended up filing down some of the starter motor mount to get it to fit. The whole process probably took about 2 months.
  5. Light tints from AM - They were too small and didn't cover the lenses. Returned them for a refund.
  6. BMR endlinks from CJPP - Ordered front and rear and was sent 2 front sets despite the packaging saying rear. CJPP replaced the part.
  7. BMR toe rods from SR - Got lost during shipping at Heathrow airport. SR replaced the part.
  8. Alloys from Shelby - 2 rims got chipped and dented in transit due to water damaged packaging. Took months to resolve as they were trying to claim from the courier before sending replacements.
  9. QA1 carbon driveshaft from CJPP - Turned up dented after falling out the packaging. Resolution still in progress.
Sponsored

Bullitt66

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT
sounds like you’ve been quite unlucky there, Ive been buying parts from the US for classics for almost 20 years, and other than grumbles about import duty payments etc, they’ve mostly arrived OK. Good packaging is everything…

that said at work we refer to DHL as Dropped, Hidden or Lost.

but I think you have to separate badly designed/manufactured parts from delivery/packaging issues. TBH that’s the reason that I try to avoid aftermarket parts as their quality varies tremendously. Unless you’ve dealt with a brand for a long time you’ve no idea what will turn up

hinch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sideways
sounds like you’ve been quite unlucky there, Ive been buying parts from the US for classics for almost 20 years, and other than grumbles about import duty payments etc, they’ve mostly arrived OK. Good packaging is everything…

that said at work we refer to DHL as Dropped, Hidden or Lost.

but I think you have to separate badly designed/manufactured parts from delivery/packaging issues. TBH that’s the reason that I try to avoid aftermarket parts as their quality varies tremendously. Unless you’ve dealt with a brand for a long time you’ve no idea what will turn up
i always get american orders shipped to stackry and then ship on from there make sure I use ups for the international side, although a recent order from CJPP turned up direct in 3 days from their california warehouse through their direct shipping.

Michael_vroomvroom

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Michael
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT 2020, MT, EU (not quite PP1), Magneride
I want to give a thumbs up for autoanything.com in this regard. Ordered 3D maxpider floor mats for my car, and shipped them with a bunch of other stuff via Stackry a month later. When the floor mats arrived, the reason they did not fit at all was that they were intended for a Mazda model.

Contacted autoanything to tell them I received the wrong floor mats. They said they'd send me a prepaid label so I can return the mats, and they'll either refund or send me correct mats, as I wish.

Explained the situation, including the mats being in Spain as the address I'd used when ordering was to a freight forwarder in the USA. After 3-4 days, they said they'll refund me the full amount and let me keep the mats. I think that's good service, and have since ordered a new set of mats (which will again be stored at stackry for about a month as I wait for some other things to forward together).

Sponsored

Dannyh1991

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Daniel
Vehicle(s)
Ford Mustang Ecoboost
Last year I ordered a gear knob from CJ Pony Parts, paid the delivery option including the import fees, when it was delivered I had to pay these fees again to the delivery company and the box was so damaged and open that I was suprised the gear knob was still in there.

Today had an axle back exhaust ordered through ebay from California, this was a better experience, everything was all delivered ok.

OP
OP
GR11M

GR11M

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Graham
Vehicle(s)
Ford Mustang GT
Vehicle Showcase
Another one for the list 😞

Ordered a new front splitter, asked them to change the part number in my last email 6 weeks ago, so of course the wrong one turns up today :facepalm:

mike3105

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2018 (pre-FL) manual GT
I finally found some EBC rear callipers in stock on eBay, "5 in stock" they say, "delivery on Monday" etc. so I order. 30 minutes later I get a message "These are on backorder for 6 weeks" :facepalm:

OP
OP
GR11M

GR11M

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Graham
Vehicle(s)
Ford Mustang GT
Vehicle Showcase
I've not heard back from Tasca Parts and then I found out why, so I'm now getting my credit card provider to reverse the transaction. The first 2 orders of small items was fine, not using them again.

CJPP have offered me $200 refund on the dented driveshaft (on top of the 6% discount code I used). I've sanded down the dent, I just need to see whether it sits flush, which I'm hoping to do tomorrow.

Sponsored

Gloucesternige

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 Mustang GT, GR Yaris, SWB Defender, Harley.
I've sanded down the dent, I just need to see whether it sits flush, which I'm hoping to do tomorrow.
If that dent is in the carbon fibre part of the shaft, don't use it. It will more than likely be a very weak point and will break.