Sponsored

The Wait Is Over: Ford Euro sites finally updated with Configurator and price list

vieirinha33

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
André
Vehicle(s)
Mustang Ecoboost Race Red
haha saw that video also 2 minutes before you posted it :p ahah nice one!
Sponsored

WILDB

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Will
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT convertible Oxford White
Looks like front fog lights are the DRLs :frusty:

OP
OP
papinist

papinist

The Italian Pony
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Stefano
Vehicle(s)
Mustang EcoBoost MT Race Red EURO - NO MORE
Every now and then these DRLs are changing positions! :doh:

Stark

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ford Mustang GT
Looks like front fog lights are the DRLs :frusty:
Not sure why you have come to that conclusion as you can clearly see in the video they are not lol.

Fog lights are the Fog lights.
Little square above the fog lights that remains on when the fog lights are switched off are the DRLs.
Headlights and Tri bars appear to be on at the same time suggesting the Tri bars to be used as the sidelights when main lights are off.

The above is fine with me because I will just keep my sidelights switched on so that the front tri bars will be lit and the rear tri bars will be on as well :headbang:

Every now and then these DRLs are changing positions! :doh:
Same location as they have always shown for the EU...little square above the fog lights :)

eca77

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nissan Qashqai (Bone stock with child seats)
Not sure why you have come to that conclusion as you can clearly see in the video they are not lol.

Little square above the fog lights that remains on when the fog lights are switched off are the DRLs.
Headlights and Tri bars appear to be on at the same time suggesting the Tri bars to be used as the sidelights when main lights are off.

The above is fine with me because I will just keep my sidelights switched on so that the front tri bars will be lit and the rear tri bars will be on as well :headbang:

That works for me too.

Sponsored

OP
OP
papinist

papinist

The Italian Pony
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Stefano
Vehicle(s)
Maybe we confuse "sidelights" with DRLs, since for me it was the same thing but you are correct, they are different.

It will be good for me, since I want to have only DRL on without headlights or 'sidelights'!

WILDB

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Will
Vehicle(s)

Same location as they have always shown for the EU...little square above the fog lights :)
I beg to differ, have a look at the screenshots I've taken from the video. In the first one you can see just the fog lights on - no side lights or anything else on. In the second photo you can see the headlights on with the little squares illuminated.

About mid way through the video you can see the fog lights come on, then they turn off, the side lights and dipped beam come on and the fog lights again.
DRL1.jpg
DRL2.jpg

Stark

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ford Mustang GT
I beg to differ, have a look at the screenshots I've taken from the video. In the first one you can see just the fog lights on - no side lights or anything else on. In the second photo you can see the headlights on with the little squares illuminated.

About mid way through the video you can see the fog lights come on, then they turn off, the side lights and dipped beam come on and the fog lights again.
Fog lights can be switched on without any other lights on, on some cars, this shows the same thing happening.

What's interesting, which I didn't notice before is that if any of those lights are meant to be DRLs then we have the option to switch the DRLs off altogether because of the combinations of lights shown.

The attachment is what I am putting my bets on will be the setup for EU cars :thumbsup:

1) Headlights & Main beam
2) Sidelights
3) DRLs
4) Indicator
5) Fog light
EU Front lights.jpg

WILDB

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Will
Vehicle(s)
It'll definitely be interesting to see how they are set up.

I formerly worked for Ford and have never come across any models that can have the fogs on without at least the side lights being switched on, but the Mustang may well be different.

I only made that point in replying because the Mustang uses the same switches as the Focus, Kuga, Mondeo etc which will does not allow independent operation in those vehicles.

Stark

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ford Mustang GT
It'll definitely be interesting to see how they are set up.

I formerly worked for Ford and have never come across any models that can have the fogs on without at least the side lights being switched on, but the Mustang may well be different.

I only made that point in replying because the Mustang uses the same switches as the Focus, Kuga, Mondeo etc which will does not allow independent operation in those vehicles.
That's fair enough mate, everybody is free to have their own oppinion etc :cheers: either way it will be nice for Ford to confirm how the lights will work as well as other things :headbonk:

Sponsored

gojensen

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 Ecoboost 'vert
What the heck are sidelights? And are they the reason the tribars are no longer drls in Europe? I know they very well could've been drls - because Audi BMW Renault and it's ilk have presented us with a ton of weird and offset drls the past few years...

MotorFF

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
---
Driving dynamics of this Ford Mustang are absolutely perfect - let's hope so.

WILDB

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Will
Vehicle(s)
I was reading through the Australian spec sheet which I suspect will be similar to European specs. The headlights are described as HID with signature LED lighting which I suspect may just be the LEDs illuminated when the headlights are switched on, rather than them being the side lights. (Happy to be wrong if this doesn't end up being the case)

In light of what is seen in that video I suspect this is how the lights will function:

1. HID headlight with signature LED lighting.
2. Side lights.
3. Indicators.
4 & 5. DRL/fog lights.
DRL3.jpg

pfcz

Threads
Reaction score
there can be two bulbs in the fog light lamp, one DRL and another one fog light. this is what I have on another car... but I do not say this is the case with mustang

OP
OP
papinist

papinist

The Italian Pony
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Stefano
Vehicle(s)
At the beginning of the video there are only HID headlights on, without the tri-bar led.
Sponsored