Sponsored

The true reason unveild behind Gen3 coyote tick. According to MPR racing engines

CrashOverride

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
...snip...
I'm not sure if you or others have reached out directly to Ford's technical support for dealers. Chrysler had a program called "Star" whereupon dealers could talk directly or pseudo-directly with the engineers because they can't fix a problem that doesn't have a TSB yet. GM had/has a program as well...I used to talk to dealer service managers about it in the late 90's but I can't remember the name....

Actually I just found it. It's called TAC.

So it would go like this:

Owner> "I have this tick..."

Dealer > "This is normal"

Owner > "I want to have you reach out to [Whatever Ford calls it] because this is not normal...Go start a brand new one..."

Dealer > "Go away"

Owner > "I need the name of the regional rep for this area"

It probably won't go any further, but it is a possible path one could take.
Sponsored

BlueCollarDaily

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Shawn
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT 400a
So far mine rattles most around 1200rpm I'll drive to get it tomorrow, also to answer a previous question, I was in Dr office, my gears are 3.15 because I planned to boost it

That's the classic BBQ tick, which Gen3 Coyotes can also exhibit. How does it sound at 2000 RPM ... does it also have the rattle at 2K RPM?

serpent

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
crash
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT
maybe it's just people with the knowledge of a burger flipper assembling these engines.

Last edited:

BlueCollarDaily

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Shawn
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT 400a
maybe it's just people the the knowledge of a burger flipper assembling these engines.
You would think there is some parts binkign going on , ok these skirts are smaller than XX let's put them with the group of bores that are smaller than most YY and we end up catching Z's cause our motors don't rattle hehe....

Sponsored

Turbolag87

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
My18 gt
mine rattles when cold...big deal..goes away quickly once warm. My bbq tick seems ONLY to sometimes come back when oil is fresh, then literally dissapears once the oil is past half life.. odd. The rattle is def piston slap (mines around 2k) at first i thought it was my clutch... but I def think its piston slap. Im building a stroker motor anyways :D

Dusten

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dusten
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ford Mustang, 2001 Ford Lightning, 1968 Ford Mustang
'...from the years 2013-2015'
The point was all brands suffer, some more than others.
That took me 30 seconds on google to find.

CrashOverride

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
My bbq tick seems ONLY to sometimes come back when oil is fresh, then literally dissapears once the oil is past half life.. odd.
I wonder if the oil is shearing and for whatever reason "fixing" (Masking?) the BBQ Tick? I would have thought it was the opposite way. Are you using stock 5w-20? If not, and are running something heavier such as 5w-50, I have to wonder if you filled it with 5w-20 new and that might stop the noise immediately since it would be closer to a sheared 50wt oil.

CAL Captain

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt Mustang
Yes, it's all about the money. They even removed 1 of the horns on the 19's! Has anyone tried the horn on a 19? Charge us 10 bucks more for the car and put the damn horn back in! The horn probably costs them 2 bucks.
I, LITERALLY, could not wait to add the second horn. The one-note horn sounded like a lone goose farting in the wilderness.

Sponsored

CAL Captain

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt Mustang
Lotsa drama queens as I see it. Almost 5k miles and picked up car at @ 21 miles. Minor occasional cold start tick. I do not hold my throttle at 2000-2500 rpms....ever. No sounds that cause me to make boobtube videos nor run to the dealer for new engine/buy back. Lol...
Maybe I'm a "drama queen" as well because I DEFINITELY have both issues. I choose to ignore it for the time being because--WARRANTY--and, as yet, THERE IS NO FIX. Or even agreement on what, exactly, is the issue.

I'm going to be happy with my noisy, ticking, rattling car until I know I can take it to the dealer and the dealer will say, "Yep, Ford finally figured out the problem and we're taking reservations for engine repair/replacement."

CAL Captain

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt Mustang
This is what mine sounded like and the car was replaced by ford. Scoring on cylinder 6 and it was losing oil as well. Hopefully they take care of you
That's not an engine, that's a few engine parts flying in loose formation.

CAL Captain

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt Mustang

Dfeeds

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
1997 Mustang (5.0 HO swap), 2019 Mustang GT PP1
Seeing that proper engine oil temperature may be extra important for this engine's operation, which gauge or combination of gauges should be used to insure that the engine oil is at operating temperature.
It's not as obvious now that the Engine Oil Temp Gauge has been removed from the 2019s and some 2018s.
Right now, I'm waiting for the Transmission Temp Gauge to move out of the blue sector (about 120F). It lags behind the other temps.

I have 1,700 miles on my 2019 PP1 A10 and it's quiet so far except for a little rattle at start-up.
Wait, when was this decided? My 2019 has the digital gauge and I know other 2019s that have it as well.

serpent

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
crash
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT
I just can't believe that an engine builder like MPR or the like can't pull the pan and run a ticking motor to isolate exactly what's creating the noise to come up with a solution if needed.
Sponsored