Sponsored

The reverse camera on my 2020 GT was replaced today

shogun32

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT/PP, '23 GB Mach1, '12 Audi S5 (v8+6mt)
Vehicle Showcase
And please stop slamming, a qualified technication . Sometimes we know what we are doing
sure. but they generally don't work at Ford dealerships.

Clearly the camera doesn't come with instructions and a procedural checklist. Or the "qualified" technician thinks he doesn't have to consult the all-things-Ford technician's Bible for instructions, or is sufficiently "qualified" that it didn't occur to him to see if there were any instructions. After all it's just 2 screws and 1 connector to snap in, how more simple could it be? Zippity do da, and done! Next task.

My 2020 F150 camera was defective and quite obviously so before it even left the dealer lot. More of that legendary Ford "Quality is job #1". I guess Ford QC consists of "if it manages to roll off the assembly line under it's own power, then it must be all-systems go."

Last edited:

StealthFighter

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
BOB
Vehicle(s)
-2019 GT premium a10 -pp1 -Shadow Black loaded
my wife 2020 Titanium Escape had the camera replaced a couple of weeks ago, it would pixelate, go black, get all scrambled, flicker... you name it it would do it. She had to wait a month to get it replaced, the service dept said they had done dozens of replacements already but the supply of new ones could not keep up with the demand due to it happening in multiple model lines.

Bikeman315

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ira
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT/CS, 2021 Volvo XC60
sure. but they generally don't work at Ford dealerships.
Well that was certainly uncalled for.

Clearly the camera doesn't come with instructions and a procedural checklist. Or the "qualified" technician thinks he doesn't have to consult the all-things-Ford technician's Bible for instructions, or is sufficiently "qualified" that it didn't occur to him to see if there were any instructions. After all it's just 2 screws and 1 connector to snap in, how more simple could it be? Zippity do da, and done! Next task.
Or it could have been a simple oversight. The tech could have been called away from the car and forgot to finish up. Shit happens.

My 2020 F150 camera was defective and quite obviously so before it even left the dealer lot. More of that legendary Ford "Quality is job #1". I guess Ford QC consists of "if it manages to roll off the assembly line under it's own power, then it must be all-systems go."
Ford did not manufacture the camera. So much for Job 1. The defect was on the internal circuit board and intermittent. May not have even shown up on newly installed cameras.

I'm not saying that Ford doesn't have it's QC issues and their dealers are perfect but geez have a Snickers bar.

1602164907386.png

Sponsored

shogun32

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Ford did not manufacture the camera. So much for Job 1.
it's Ford's job to enforce quality by all their suppliers. None of the 700,000 affected customers is going to bad mouth "shitty-ass no-name component supplier". They are going to turn their ire on Ford where it belongs. As a systems integrator they are responsible for ALL of their contractors doing their job. There is something very wrong with Ford's feedback mechanism that the problem wasn't dealt with within 5-digit incidents. Now they have to eat bad press and (funny) accounting "losses". All because they didn't police their supplier(s).

To quoth Dr. House, "everybody lies".

Andrew@Lethal

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Andrew
Vehicle(s)
2003 10th Anniversary Cobra / 2003 Ford Lightning
...under warranty. However, I need your help here. When backing up and looking through the center console screen does the camera show any print backwards or does it show as if you turned your head and looked at them through the back window?
Looks like they didn't follow through with all of the programming.

Bikeman315

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ira
Vehicle(s)
OK, just pulled into my garage and actually looked at the rear view camera. The lettering on my signs are backwards. Never noticed, and really don't care.

Sponsored
OP
OP
20ducks

20ducks

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Greg G.
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT Premium Convertible Rapid Red
Vehicle Showcase
OK, just pulled into my garage and actually looked at the rear view camera. The lettering on my signs are backwards. Never noticed, and really don't care.
Why did you bother to post your indifference to the topic then?

Bikeman315

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ira
Vehicle(s)
Why did you bother to post your indifference to the topic then?
Not indifference really. I just didn’t think It was a major issue. Also one that was pretty easily rectified. As it turns out may it’s not an issue at all.

Does anyone have a screen were the lettering is not backwards? Can you please post a pic? Thanks.

shogun32

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
my '19 has backwards lettering. It's never been replaced.

Vlad Soare

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Vlad
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT 6MT
All the cars I've driven with a rear-view camera, including two of mine, show the image reversed. That is, it's not like I were turning around and looking through the rear glass. The left hand side of the car is on the left hand side of the screen. And that's how it should be. I think it would be awfully confusing if it were the other way around - if you turned the wheel left and the image moved to the right, or if the rear left corner of the car were close to an obstacle which would appear on the right hand side of the screen, as if you were looking through the rear glass. I wouldn't like that. A reversed image makes more sense and makes orientation much easier, even though it means that letters appear backwards (who needs to read anything while backing up, anyway?)
Sponsored

Last edited: