Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.hidevolution.com
First Name
Spartan
Vehicle(s)
2023 Nissan Z
So today I was at Ford Dubai (the dealer is called Al Tayer Motors) and I spoke to the person in the parts department to see if they can get me the Mach 1 Handling
Pack wheels because I was to order them, they'd cost me north of 1000 USD but shipping to Dubai would cost 1400 USD let alone the tires.

He said they can get them but that would void my warranty. The same goes for ordering the Roush H-Pipe which they sell!

I then spoke to a person in the warranty department to get some logic behind this. The lady was like if you upgrade the wheels, you will lose your transmission and powertrain warranty because they are not the wheels that came with your car and due to the different weight and size, it could cause strain on the transmission and/or the powertrain! I'm like whaaat? These wheels are from the same car just with the handling pack it's not like I'm buying wheels from a different car altogether! She said still.

Then I tell her and what about the Roush H-Pipe? If you guys are the authorized dealer here for Roush then why do you sell the parts and install them if it would void the warranty?

Very disappointed! Do you guys have the same rules in the USA when it comes to warranty?
Sponsored

Last edited:

Coastal-Mach

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Anthony
Vehicle(s)
2023 BMW M440i, 2020 Ram 1500, 2021 Jeep JK
Order the wheels from somewhere else. Keep you factory wheels and swap them if you have to take it to the dealer.
I know it’s a pain, but it is a work around with stupid ass dealers. Good luck with it.

murick

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Richard
Vehicle(s)
2021 Euro Mach 1
@superspartan Here (read in EU), all wheel types together with tyre types are written in the car technical certificate and technically only those explicitly written there you can put on the car.

These types are initially (at the time of the car registration) specified by the manufacturer (i.e. Ford in this case). In the certificate of my Mach 1 Ford specifies only one wheel/tyre combination, the one the car came with. I asked if they could add for example HP wheels, or any other otherwise compatible wheels, but no, even for a square setup or a winter setup, Ford would not.

I could put different wheels (or tyres) on, but then would be not only braking the road code, but in the case of an accident if it would come up, it could void the insurance and have some other legal implications.

So it is not about keeping a warranty, but about having a legally approved car.

For the contrast a family sedan of my friend have something like 6 different combinations of wheel sizes and tyre sizes (some of them explicitly specified as "summer" variants).

OP
OP
superspartan

superspartan

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.hidevolution.com
First Name
Spartan
Vehicle(s)
2023 Nissan Z
@superspartan Here (read in EU), all wheel types together with tyre types are written in the car technical certificate and technically only those explicitly written there you can put on the car.

These types are initially (at the time of the car registration) specified by the manufacturer (i.e. Ford in this case). In the certificate of my Mach 1 Ford specifies only one wheel/tyre combination, the one the car came with. I asked if they could add for example HP wheels, or any other otherwise compatible wheels, but no, even for a square setup or a winter setup, Ford would not.

I could put different wheels (or tyres) on, but then would be not only braking the road code, but in the case of an accident if it would come up, it could void the insurance and have some other legal implications.

So it is not about keeping a warranty, but about having a legally approved car.

For the contrast a family sedan of my friend have something like 6 different combinations of wheel sizes and tyre sizes (some of them explicitly specified as "summer" variants).
oh wow, so those rules in Dubai seem similar to what you have in Europe? This is not fair that US owners get to choose whatever wheels they want and we can't. Even though the wheels are from the handling pack Mach 1, they would not allow me to put them as according to them, my car was not designed to have those wheels!

Sponsored

Charlemagne

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Nick
Vehicle(s)
Tempest 2021 Mustang Mach 1 Velocity Blue M3440
Vehicle Showcase
I asked if they could add for example HP wheels, or any other otherwise compatible wheels, but no, even for a square setup or a winter setup, Ford would not.
Apparently Unitesta in Prague can legally write HP wheels to the car's technical certificate, front lips and rear guards are required, just like HP has. It costs probably around 200 € or so, like is usual for these non-typical setups here. Probably helps the car has those wheels in USA by manufacturer and it's not some random Chinese crap 😁 This is probably also true for any TÜV station in Europe.

murick

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Richard
Vehicle(s)
2021 Euro Mach 1
Apparently Unitesta in Prague can legally write HP wheels to the car's technical certificate, front lips and rear guards are required, just like HP has.
Unitesta is importing US models (which Ford officially does not sell in Europe) directly from US. They have to have some means to legalize it.

Charlemagne

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Nick
Vehicle(s)
Tempest 2021 Mustang Mach 1 Velocity Blue M3440
Vehicle Showcase
@murick True, but this concerns EU sold here, friend told me, he's getting the wheels from them for 2150 €.

Sponsored
OP
OP
superspartan

superspartan

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.hidevolution.com
First Name
Spartan
Vehicle(s)
2023 Nissan Z
I sent an email to FORD Middle East complaining about this. Today the parts manager called me and said if the wheel size is the same (as in, if your car has 19 inch wheels and you git 19 inch wheels as well) then it will not void your warranty.

I will meet him in the next couple of days to get more clarity on this and request to have this in writing to save me in the future.

murick

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Richard
Vehicle(s)
2021 Euro Mach 1
I sent an email to FORD Middle East complaining about this. Today the parts manager called me and said if the wheel size is the same (as in, if your car has 19 inch wheels and you git 19 inch wheels as well) then it will not void your warranty.
I would say there are probably few more details to match (apart from the size) to be able to use the wheels, but definitely a turn in the right direction :wink:.

MattMPA

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2022 GT, 2016 Interceptor Utility, 2005 Excursion
Craziness. Here in the US, the Magneson-Moss Act prevents the factory from voiding the warranty unless the non-original part can be proved to cause a failure. (Like a aftermarket alarm that shorts out the car computer, for example)

Last edited:

MCS

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Michael
Vehicle(s)
2021 GT Premium
Man that is crazy! I spoke with the dealership here in Canada before getting my Steeda Tridents and they said "But they're lighter. Why would that void the warranty? If you were getting some big ass heavy 20s or something maybe we might have a problem but ummm same rim size and lighter?!?!? Knock yourself out. Bring it by when you get them I'd love to see 'em".
Sponsored