Sponsored

The non-constructive frustration thread for those of no hope :)

OP
OP
smidra

smidra

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang EB PP / 2011 Focus EB Titanium
Our orders then was passed to Ford USA not before the end of march so it could be complicated to check every aspect :)
Agreed. That day you took that golden pen and signed the deal with the devil counts.
Sponsored

NewMustangDE

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Patrik
Vehicle(s)
EU Mustang GT Fastback/Auto/Ruby Red/PP/Alarm
Agreed. That day you took that golden pen and signed the deal with the devil counts.

A what?!....we are talking Ford here, so more like a BIC!

Ericc B

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Various Mustang GTs
I can't really find an official date for the order books to open in Australia. Apparently there was a website where people could express their interest already last year. Also various sites reported in December 2014 that there were already 1200 pre-orders taken. Prices however were not even revealed yet at that time. Also one could debate what a pre-order is :)

OP
OP
smidra

smidra

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
A what?!....we are talking Ford here, so more like a BIC!
LOL :D :D :D

I can't really find an official date for the order books to open in Australia. Apparently there was a website where people could express their interest already last year. Also various sites reported in December 2014 that there were already 1200 pre-orders taken. Prices however were not even revealed at that time.
I guess we will have to trust our Aussie friends :)

R3v

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT MT & Recaro
Ordered: 11.5.2015
Waiting time: 129 Days

Sponsored

Aussie Mate

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bruce
Vehicle(s)
Bullitt K1121 - (2019 Model) - Built 28 Aug 2018
I'm not sure if it's a fair comparison if you use order dates that are up to months before the official order books opened.

I told my dealer in December 2013 after the reveal that I wanted one. He couldn't order it for more than a year later though. Actually the order banks for Europe opened on January 20 2015. So technically that is the earliest order date you can have.
I would guess many people had expressed a desire to buy one many years ago.

However - the date that a deposit (ie hard cash) was placed with a dealer is when a commitment was made and it becomes a order.
So in my opinion - as you can't place orders with the factory - therfore the date the dealer places with the factory is not relevant.

Nordic

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joakim
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT
I'm not sure if it's a fair comparison if you use order dates that are up to months before the official order books opened.

I told my dealer in December 2013 after the reveal that I wanted one. He couldn't order it for more than a year later though. Actually the order banks for Europe opened on January 20 2015. So technically that is the earliest order date you can have.
Did you ordered your car 1 of july and have a production date set already?
I better call my seller to see if my car has a production date, I ordered it 26 of june but the convertible maybe have a longer build time?

gojensen

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 Ecoboost 'vert
blasted swedes with their nonexistant car taxes :p (yes, you bought the car I wanted ;))

build times should be the same though, but maybe your dealer wasn't so quick to send it in to Ford? if you got the chassis number from him you could check on ETIS too :)

chadmclark

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
Woah, I had no idea the issues and wait times outside the US!! I take for granted that my local dealer had about 15, 5 of them GT's, so wait was nill :)

Then again, I walked in Jan 2015. Hope you take delivery very soon, all waiting!!

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk

NewMustangDE

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Patrik
Vehicle(s)
EU Mustang GT Fastback/Auto/Ruby Red/PP/Alarm
Woah, I had no idea the issues and wait times outside the US!! I take for granted that my local dealer had about 15, 5 of them GT's, so wait was nill :)

Then again, I walked in Jan 2015. Hope you take delivery very soon, all waiting!!

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk

In Europe it works very different. Used to be the same here though. Walk in, choose a car, pay or finance and drive off.

Even small cars that sells easy are made to order.

Sponsored

Gryphon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT PP
Ordered on: May 8, 2015
Expected delivery unknown.

Nordic

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joakim
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT
Hi, 1 of May it was the last day for order a 2015
on 31 of july it was the last day 2015 where built

The 2016 order started at 11 of may and the 2016 production started at 3 august.

Your car should be built already, is should be one of the first 2016.

Have you recived a VIN or ordernumber?

I contacted my seller today to get my VIN-number, I hope he can find it for me...

Gryphon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT PP
Interesting facts, Nordic! I seem to be right in the field between 15/16, not that it matters a great deal for the EU spec really. The car isn't built yet, scheduled for build on September 14th, but I won't have it before winter anyway so that ship has sailed until next spring...

Who was your dealer? I'm interested in how Swedes solve winter tyres. I'm for sure driving mine 365 days a year.

OP
OP
smidra

smidra

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
SECOND POST UPDATED

WOW! R3v just jumped straight at the bottom with the shortest waiting time ever! You lucky bastard! :)

Ericc B

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Various Mustang GTs
Did you ordered your car 1 of july and have a production date set already?
Yes. Actually I'm quite amazed about it too. At the time of ordering they mentioned the first production spot was available in October. Perhaps one of the earlier Dutch orders was cancelled and they were able to change it in time to my specification. Also I had a clause added that allows me to cancel my sales contract if Ford doesn't deliver the car before 31 december this year. So it was in Ford Netherlands best interest to have it built asap.

Production planning varies from country to country though. Every country has an assigned number of production spots per month and the local distributer can fill them up with written orders. The assigned number varies from country to country and is based on market conditions like number of inhabitants, local taxation, etc.

In certain markets like the UK, Germany and Australia the car is a massive hit and sales exceed assigned capacity so production spots have been filled way into the future. In other markets (like the Netherlands with it's outragious taxation) only a handfull are sold and production spots are still available in relatively short term.
Sponsored