The Mustang is the last man standing.....again

Grayghostcoyote

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang GT 10r80
As seen the slomaro is getting discontinued ....again, and Dodge is dropping the Hellcat/redeye/demon and all of their hemi's from their line up. It looks like the Mustang is the sole car out there besides a Corvette with a v8 in it. Wonder how long it is before they drop the V8 from the mustang line up. My Guess is they would use another variant of the 3.5 Ecoboost with similar power numbers as what the 5.0 has now, which I wouldn't mind at all. The 3.5 is very tunable and a lot of power is to be had with the twin turbos.
Sponsored

ay1820

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Al
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT/CS
It looks like the Mustang is the sole car out there besides a Corvette with a v8 in it.
What about the Lexus RC F, or the Jag F-Type, or the Blackwing, or AMG Mercs, or the BMW M5? Yeah, I know, those are not "pony" cars, but I suspect that there will be a few V8s out there for at least a few more years ...

Performance nut

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT A10
Vehicle Showcase
It looks like the Mustang is the sole domestic American car out there besides a Corvette with a v8 in it.
What about the Lexus RC F, or the Jag F-Type, or the Blackwing, or AMG Mercs, or the BMW M5? Yeah, I know, those are not "pony" cars, but I suspect that there will be a few V8s out there for at least a few more years ...
Fixed it for you :D

doritoking

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 mach 1 with handling package
None of those are offered in manual transmission :(. I'll never consider a car without a manual. With my manual 2021 mach 1 HP, and a manual 2022 miata club BBR on the way, it's looking like i'll be stuck with my final garage pretty soon...

Sponsored

smokescreens

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
jason
Vehicle(s)
2014 impala, 2017 HD. 2018 Royal C mustang gt pp1
I Bet chevy comes out with a electric camaro. I cant see stellantis doing any ev's yet.

Im not against a ev sports car. But i will miss the sound a v8 makes. My biggist issue with EV's is range, lack of infrastructure of the supply grid and charging stations outside of California. For me i could get away with it for work. My wife couldnt even make a round trip to work and back in the winter with the longest range car i know about. And forget road trips....

cerbomark

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Mach1 700, 6 Spd.#5558
wonder the ratio of autos to manuals in the M1 or Mustangs?
When I owned Porsche s they sold more auto s but the manual s always had a better resale because the guy who wants a manual has less cars to chose from.
I m not against either, just saying...
Don t know how EV s will respond to a manual trans? Maybe will not be available ?

Mspider

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2022 GT
I Bet chevy comes out with a electric camaro. I cant see stellantis doing any ev's yet.

Im not against a ev sports car. But i will miss the sound a v8 makes. My biggist issue with EV's is range, lack of infrastructure of the supply grid and charging stations outside of California. For me i could get away with it for work. My wife couldnt even make a round trip to work and back in the winter with the longest range car i know about. And forget road trips....
EVs will get more range and better infrastructure in time. Also more and more automakers will come out with their own designed EV. So you will in time be able to buy a EV that fits your taste and have longer range battery. These problems will be solved regardless out the naysayers. The only thing up for debate is how many years it will take. So if range is the only issue, just wait tell the end of this decade.

With that said My biggest issue will always be sound. Even if they make a electric motor louder, every performance EV will sound the same. what makes ICE so great is that you can build the engine to have a completely different sounds and driving characteristics. I wanted a mustang because it had a V8 engine, not only because it was fast. Anything can be fast....

Sponsored

Marsalad

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mazda MX-5
None of those are offered in manual transmission :(. I'll never consider a car without a manual. With my manual 2021 mach 1 HP, and a manual 2022 miata club BBR on the way, it's looking like i'll be stuck with my final garage pretty soon...
I have a 2020 GT PP2 (manual only) and I also have a 2022 Miata Club BBR (also manual only, in this configuration) on order. It was my original intention to trade or sell the Mustang to for the Mazda but now I’m leaning toward keeping it. It seems like it could be a while before we see V8 manual performance cars again, if ever.

doritoking

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 mach 1 with handling package
I have a 2020 GT PP2 (manual only) and I also have a 2022 Miata Club BBR (also manual only, in this configuration) on order. It was my original intention to trade or sell the Mustang to for the Mazda but now I’m leaning toward keeping it. It seems like it could be a while before we see V8 manual performance cars again, if ever.
I see you also have good taste haha. My car was built last week, but ETA isn't until August. Waiting very impatiently since I first inquired with the dealership in the beginning of January.

Marsalad

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mazda MX-5
I see you also have good taste haha. My car was built last week, but ETA isn't until August. Waiting very impatiently since I first inquired with the dealership in the beginning of January.
My order process started last October, before I had the Mustang. The Miata is currently in Baltimore or maybe on a carrier and is expected to arrive next week.

Dave2013M3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Mustang GT Base PP1 6MT Rapid Red
Whats interesting Ford applied for a patent for a manual tranny and a hybrid. This is whats going to take place. We will have a V8 Hybrid.
Sponsored