Sponsored

The LOUDEST Exhaust We've Ever Tested | Corsa Xtreme Cat-Back & BBK Long Tube Headers | Sound Clip

tj@steeda

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Timothy
Vehicle(s)
2019 Steeda Mustang - White Carbon Edition
Vehicle Showcase
When a car comes in for a headlight install and it sounds like this, we just had to get the decibel meter on it and see how loud it actually is. Well, the result certainly surprised us, especially on the dyno in terms of volume. With a combo like this with BBK Long Tube headers and Corsa's loudest possible cat-back exhausts you're certainly going to turn lots of heads anywhere you go.

https://www.steeda.com/corsa-performance-14328gnm-mustang-exhaust

Sponsored

WildHorse

N/A or GO HOME
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
ⓇⒾⒸⓀⓎ ⓈⓅⒶⓃⒾⓈⒽ
Vehicle(s)
'17 S550
Vehicle Showcase
This is the anatomical equivalent to a lifted truck rolling coal.

SheepDog

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dax
Vehicle(s)
Iconic Silver 2022 MACH 1 HP
I made the same mistake with my 2017. An exhaust that is excessively loud on these cars gets old really fast, and makes driving it less enjoyable. Everyone likes the sound of a throaty V8 muscle car, but this might be the worst sounding Mustang I've heard yet. Louder does not = faster. Next mod for this person will likely be the Carolina Squat

AZlb5.0

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Carlos
Vehicle(s)
18 GT Premium
I’m getting old cause I couldn’t do this any more. This exhaust would last a few hours on then I’d be ripping it out. Maybe 20 yrs ago in my early 30s when I thought that was cool.

MAGS1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT
I like loud but that’s too much (yeah I’m probably just getting old). I agree with others above, maybe in my 20’s I’d rock a setup like that but my ears hurt just listening through my iPad speakers. Can’t imagine driving more than a couple minutes with that. To each their own but that ain’t for me.

Sponsored

Rapid Red

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Greg
Vehicle(s)
GT PP2 RaceRed Roush> Steeda> preformance
Vehicle Showcase
The tone is not that great, Roush has a better sound. That sounds like the tone is colored.

Want to hear power and what it sounds like. Pull out the yellow Steeda car. Run the same open road, test that will answer the question.

You cannot take a motor like a coyote and make it have a deep big V8 tone. The heads will not allow it and the displacement won't either.

It's angry as it is celebrate it, someone saying that has a deep V8 tone is tone-deaf.

Proshop

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Billy
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Mustang GT
Wow y’all must be old (I’m no spring chicken myself) but I was expecting way worse.. that wasn’t that bad i deal with something that sounds the same if not worse on a daily but that race car stuff for you. The key is having an active exhaust and knowing when to use it. I have a few vids that make that exhaust sound some what tame! 🤣

Torinate

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Convertible
I’m old lol.

To me though, it’s not the actual volume, it’s the sound itself. It’s not a nice sounding exhaust I don’t think.

Just my opinion though…

CVCashmere

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Carl
Vehicle(s)
15 GT Vert w/Steeda lower brace, PP sways & susp
Well now...that would wake 100% of my neighbors when I leave for work at 5:50 AM!

CVCashmere

Sponsored

RagmopInKona

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang HHP
I like a nice rumble and when I want to play. Push a button and open the cut outs and let her eat. No reason to piss off everyone that isn't into cars today.
It is stuff like this that get cruise nights and cars and coffee events stopped .

MidwayJ

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jay
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Coupe
Vehicle Showcase
I've been around quite a few S550s and the loud catbacks like Corsa Extremes, Roush, and Borla Atak are just too obnoxious for me when combined with headers. Not only super loud but too harsh and raspy. The Atak with headers does have a pretty nice tone just cruising along, but gets harsh when a load is put on the engine.

I was once on a cruise with someone who had Mak cat deletes with Corsa Extremes, and that was probably the loudest I've heard. The guy behind him eventually passed him to get away from the sound. 😀

Paul McWhiskey

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Paul
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT Premium w/PP
Ditto on the loud. I currently have an FP X-Pipe with Kooks axle backs and stock headers. Too loud! Not only that, but the drone has become unbearable. With just an x-pipe and stock mufflers or stock resonator and the Kooks axle backs I believe that it would be acceptable and drone problem might be solved. I am going to install a Solo Performance Mach Thunder cat back and think that I will be liking it better. I will post the x-pipe and axle backs for sale when I have installed the Solo Perf system for anyone that may be interested.

DopamineQuest

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 GT500 Carbonized Gray
I've been around quite a few S550s and the loud catbacks like Corsa Extremes, Roush, and Borla Atak are just too obnoxious for me when combined with headers. Not only super loud but too harsh and raspy. The Atak with headers does have a pretty nice tone just cruising along, but gets harsh when a load is put on the engine.

I was once on a cruise with someone who had Mak cat deletes with Corsa Extremes, and that was probably the loudest I've heard. The guy behind him eventually passed him to get away from the sound. 😀
The Borla S-types and Corsa sports seem to be the sweet spot when going long tubes from my experience

MAGS1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT
The Borla S-types and Corsa sports seem to be the sweet spot when going long tubes from my experience
I’ve heard AWE Touring also pairs well with long tubes
Sponsored