The Life of Daily Driving a 5.0

Mdtaylorjr

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
michael
Vehicle(s)
2017 mustang gt
When I have my mufflers in quiet mode I don't get messed with as much. But when they're open and it's loud people do wanna Rev up or try to mess with me on the highway. The domestic guys are usually older and chill but the import guys are younger and do it more. A few weeks ago I had a 370z messing with me he blew past me on the street then slowed down until I caught up then blew off again a few times. At the next light I decided to go for it and at green hit the gas and just left him there
Sponsored

AdrianMAK

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.makperformance.com
Vehicle(s)
2015 TY Mustang GT Premium
Lucky you guys who get the chance at some action. My daily commutes look like if cars were social distancing. I cant convince ANYTHING to race. I think its the "whooshy" sounds.

jd_cobra

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Ingot Silver
Lucky you guys who get the chance at some action. My daily commutes look like if cars were social distancing. I cant convince ANYTHING to race. I think its the "whooshy" sounds.
I honestly rather have that issue, lol. I just want to go to my destination in peace!

cactus_kid

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Michael
Vehicle(s)
'21 GT (see sig)
I honestly rather have that issue, lol. I just want to go to my destination in peace!
No lie .............. Even a run to Sonic for onion rings has become an issue. :explode: Damn ricers

Sponsored

Lapptopp

Threads
Reaction score
Colorado, Eastern Plains (no emissions or traffic)
Vehicle(s)
17' Mustang Gt Ruby Red Metallic Base Stick
I live in a small community with a huge car culture. It's only the young kids in the 200hp shit-boxes that ever try to race each other in town. Lots of nice vintage muscle cars around and the annual car show brings in everything you can imagine under the sun short of supercars. I seem to be the only one racing and it's against myself on our paved backroads when no one else is around.

cactus_kid

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Michael
Vehicle(s)
'21 GT (see sig)
so what happens when you loose to yourself ? :wink:

HoosierDaddy

Threads
Reaction score
Winchestertonfieldville (ok, Scottsdale), AZ
First Name
Randy
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium PP

Sponsored

Norm Peterson

corner barstool sitter
Threads
Reaction score
On a corner barstool not too far from I-95
First Name
Norm
Vehicle(s)
'08 GT #85, '19 WRX
This ^^^

In peace, at my chosen pace.

On the street I just can't be bothered responding to impromptu challenges. I'll drive my own drive, which in certain places tends to be much more "enthusiastic" than it is most of the time.

Norm

cactus_kid

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Michael
Vehicle(s)
'21 GT (see sig)
Left the road in a z06 at over a hundred once. Not looking to repeat that. I think I'd call that one a loss.
168 was the fastest I had my '17 Z06. In OR on highway 78 between Burns Jct and Burns. All open range.

BurntCheezit

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT PP1 Auto
When I had the base '15 white eco with black roof and gt350r wing I had more people try to race me than I can count.
But once I bought the 18 GT pp1 I haven't had anyone try.

Closest thing was me and a challenger 392 reved under an overpass, or some kids in the neighborhood asked me to rev it.

BenS

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ben
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang GT, 2012 Jeep Wrangler
Why ? Why does EVERY single sport car try to race me? Especially MOPAR cars weather it be a challenger or a truck. I swear everyday on my way home there's someone pulling up next to me reving their engine or someone sees me and pulls up quick on my tail and tailgates me until they can get side by side.

Maybe it's my corsa extremes ? 🤔 maybe they're jealous of mustangs? Who knows! But it's annoying because getting a ticket, jail, impound, or safety of others ain't worth leaving them in the dust for self excitement.

Does this happen to anyone else?
Yep. I live in TN and took a trip down to Atlanta last weekend. Had no less than 5 Mopar branded vehicles (most were the 392 version, even a JGC :crackup:) want to race in freakin Atlanta traffic! No thanks bro.

1958cyclist

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
1985 Mustang GT, 2016 Focus ST, 2017 Mustang GT
No, not really. Most of the mileage I do is on two lane back roads that I know every inch of. So, if someone storms up on my bumper, it's usually only a short time before a large distance is put between me and the taunting vehicle.
DSC_0455.JPG
Sponsored