Sponsored

EmCel

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Em
Vehicle(s)
2016 mustang gt
Haha right!? I walked passed a parked one a couple of weeks back and had to stop to admire it. And same. The fact that I see one camaro for every 5 mustangs adds some appeal. Don't get me wrong, I love my mustang even more now than the day I got it, but I'd probably be in a camaro if it wasn't for the discount my employer gives for Ford vehicles.
There's a lot of camaros around here which is nice. They're pretty sweet cars too. I like 'em all.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Muhnopoly

Muhnopoly

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jay
Vehicle(s)
2020 mustang gt
And now a mileage tax at probably 1.8 cents per mile. Never understood why ya'll like paying for taxes and have nothing to show for.
Link to article please? I'd love to research this. I heard the idea during covid to reduce traffic ....BS..... and laughed and said really? That's what my registration payments are for, to help fix the roads, upkeep etc things like that. Trust if I could work remote or transfer out of state I would be packing up the same day

Sivi70980

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ruby Red GT PP1 M6
When I had my 2011 GT500 the only people that wanted to race were multi colored primer pits that barely ran...

Sponsored

Zrussian13

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT, 2018 Acura MDX
In AZ it's basically a mopar thing. I drive a lot and most people leave me alone but every mopar whether it's a v6 charger, ram or hellcat tries to race.

troverman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT Premium manual
Yeah, people try to race me too. I like the rev-matching, but I always drive in sport mode and downshifting to a traffic light is fun. But then people want to race. Many times I'll just shift into neutral and coast to a stop. Usually the people who want to race are driving everyday rubble. Unfortunately the coyote and my 3.55 axle are not that gutsy off the line...once the RPMs climb to 3500+ the thing pulls amazingly, but its easy to lose a race, at least with a manual car. But I wouldn't trade my manual for anything.

By the way, I think the new Stealth package for the EcoBoost looks great.

dave95

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
dave
Vehicle(s)
2021 mustang gt
Why ? Why does EVERY single sport car try to race me? Especially MOPAR cars weather it be a challenger or a truck. I swear everyday on my way home there's someone pulling up next to me reving their engine or someone sees me and pulls up quick on my tail and tailgates me until they can get side by side.

Maybe it's my corsa extremes ? 🤔 maybe they're jealous of mustangs? Who knows! But it's annoying because getting a ticket, jail, impound, or safety of others ain't worth leaving them in the dust for self excitement.

Does this happen to anyone else?
I’ve owned my new gt for three weeks and holy shit do I have about 10-12 stories already of people trying to Race me and almost crashing trying to provoke me. It’s so bad most people don’t even believe me

EmCel

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Em
Vehicle(s)
2016 mustang gt
Yeah it's kinda weird that Honda accords and Toyota camrys always want to mess around. I just slow down and let them go, I don't even waste my fuel on them. I got bigger fish to fry :) someone on my level of course nothing faster :giggle:

Driving my car makes me happy regardless. I get a few laughs and it's always a joyful experience for me. Every single day. If I'm not messing around with another car, just driving it and hearing my somewhat loud exhaust makes me happy.

I love it when another mustang revs as soon as they see me, even if they're on the opposite side of the road. Makes me smile every time, especially if they're loud AF.

Shadow277

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT 2012 Corolla

Sponsored

Ewheels

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Eric
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT PP1, 2020 Explorer, 2023 F150
Vehicle Showcase

DuRsT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT500 - 2006 GT Convertible
Most people actually give me space in my car, however there have been a few.

Most interesting was an EcoBoost F150 that clearly had some work done to it, it was surprisingly quick to about 45mph or so.

DuRsT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT500 - 2006 GT Convertible
This is CA only? I thought it was nationwide...

It's as if CA wants everyone to leave. I don't get it. I see CA population drastically declining over the coming years. They've already had their first decline in census in decades.

....wait. What's this thread actually about? People wanting to race you? Yeah, yeah, sure me too 🤣
Biden asked for a study on how a mileage tax would be implemented in his new package, not the tax itself. The tax has been estimated to be $.08 / mile.

troverman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT Premium manual
I know my GT is not remotely the fastest car out there, but it sounds good, has lots of power, shifts well, handles well, looks good, is pretty well equipped, and I love driving it as much as possible. Its a great DD.

Ewheels

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Eric
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT PP1, 2020 Explorer, 2023 F150
Vehicle Showcase
Biden asked for a study on how a mileage tax would be implemented in his new package, not the tax itself. The tax has been estimated to be $.08 / mile.
Oh, that's what it was. You're right. Thank you sir 👍
Sponsored