The Life of Daily Driving a 5.0

Muhnopoly

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jay
Vehicle(s)
2020 mustang gt
Why ? Why does EVERY single sport car try to race me? Especially MOPAR cars weather it be a challenger or a truck. I swear everyday on my way home there's someone pulling up next to me reving their engine or someone sees me and pulls up quick on my tail and tailgates me until they can get side by side.

Maybe it's my corsa extremes ? 🤔 maybe they're jealous of mustangs? Who knows! But it's annoying because getting a ticket, jail, impound, or safety of others ain't worth leaving them in the dust for self excitement.

Does this happen to anyone else?
Sponsored

OP
OP
Muhnopoly

Muhnopoly

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jay
Vehicle(s)
2020 mustang gt
Nope, I daily drive and pretty much nobody cares or tries to race. But muscle cars aren't as common in Utah for some reason, so that may be why. Also may depend on your car's color or how modified it looks.
Car is pretty basic for now atleast, everything's stock except the corsa extremes and a gt350 spoiler and tint. But all cars try to race me, 370z, cameros (lmao), MOPAR guys, even Hondas! I mean when I see another mustang yeah I pull up next to them quick but not to race, I enjoy just the quick pulls back and forth with another mustang owner, ya know? Like a friendly competition on who's exhaust sounds better hahaha

Toretto

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang GT Iconic Silver
Nope, I daily drive and pretty much nobody cares or tries to race. But muscle cars aren't as common in Utah for some reason, so that may be why. Also may depend on your car's color or how modified it looks.
I've gotten more nods and thumbs up by strangers since picking up the 5.0 than before. When I was rollin' in an eco, it was a very different life for me

Dfeeds

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
1997 Mustang (5.0 HO swap), 2019 Mustang GT PP1
Car is pretty basic for now atleast, everything's stock except the corsa extremes and a gt350 spoiler and tint. But all cars try to race me, 370z, cameros (lmao), MOPAR guys, even Hondas! I mean when I see another mustang yeah I pull up next to them quick but not to race, I enjoy just the quick pulls back and forth with another mustang owner, ya know? Like a friendly competition on who's exhaust sounds better hahaha
What's funny about the camaro? That car is perfectly capable of beating a mustang if they get the better jump.

In any case, I also don't have that problem. I get the occasional a**hole that tries to race in traffic but I don't even humor it and they look stupid. I get the regular commuter cars and soccer moms that think I'm always going all out because they don't realize that a loud exhaust isn't synonymous with gunning it.

Sponsored

ice445

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ryan
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT 6MT
I've gotten more nods and thumbs up by strangers since picking up the 5.0 than before. When I was rollin' in an eco, it was a very different life for me
Yeah, I get loads of that too. Especially at gas stations. I had an old man the other day ask if my car could lay a smoky burnout lmao

Toretto

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang GT Iconic Silver
Yeah, I get loads of that too. Especially at gas stations. I had an old man the other day ask if my car could lay a smoky burnout lmao
I had an old man compliment me on the car, and proceeded to tell me he used to have a GT500, and his advice is never to marry a woman who wants to have "a litter of kids" with you....that sh*t depleted my life savings and my car!"

Needless to say, he made my day. =P

OP
OP
Muhnopoly

Muhnopoly

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jay
Vehicle(s)
2020 mustang gt
What's funny about the camaro? That car is perfectly capable of beating a mustang if they get the better jump.

In any case, I also don't have that problem. I get the occasional a**hole that tries to race in traffic but I don't even humor it and they look stupid. I get the regular commuter cars and soccer moms that think I'm always going all out because they don't realize that a loud exhaust isn't synonymous with gunning it.
I personally don't like the look of cameros, MAYBE the newer models but the older one ehhh. And where I'm from alot of the young kids fresh out of highschool who do sideshows and are irresponsible drive cameros and think their the sh**
Don't get me wrong I know there fast, my boss has one and it's nice just not my cup of tea. Mustangs my #1 and then charger

Dfeeds

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
1997 Mustang (5.0 HO swap), 2019 Mustang GT PP1
I personally don't like the look of cameros, MAYBE the newer models but the older one ehhh. And where I'm from alot of the young kids fresh out of highschool who do sideshows and are irresponsible drive cameros and think their the sh**
Don't get me wrong I know there fast, my boss has one and it's nice just not my cup of tea. Mustangs my #1 and then charger
That's fair. I really like the overall stance of the camaro but the rear end and front end are just... meh. Unfortunately for me, my girlfriend thinks the camaro is a nicer looking car haha. And ya isn't it annoying? I can't stand the kids in daddy's sports car that have something to prove. Fortunately it isn't often, but when it does happen... I had some kid race after me in an older ferrari California after filling up at a gas station. I try not to get baited but I caved. I enjoyed pulling on that car. I tried to chat after but he just sped off lol.

Btw, it's spelled Camaro (with two "a").

fmc_smt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 gt , 2015 Escape , 2015 F250
Vehicle Showcase
I think the plate says it all ..lol
20210221_135510.jpg

Sponsored

Shadow277

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT 2012 Corolla
Had some kid in an RSX try to race me on the high way full of traffic. Are you serious? That's beyond wreckless.

Also, the Camaro is an awesome car. I was gonna get one but they were more pricey than Mustangs in my area.

ice445

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ryan
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT 6MT
Had some kid in an RSX try to race me on the high way full of traffic. Are you serious? That's beyond wreckless.

Also, the Camaro is an awesome car. I was gonna get one but they were more pricey than Mustangs in my area.
Some lower IQ members of our species seem to think that if they were dumb enough to drive faster than you in thick traffic, their car is magically superior in performance.

Stangomydreams

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 GT Cali Special Convertible
I do get lots of that kids in daddy’s caddie revving at stop lights and yelling let’s go. I just smile and let them wear out dads tires and trans. I think a lot of it is the internet cars and coffee bs of them trying to bait you into an accident from loss of control.

Orange devil

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Camaro,toyoda
That's fair. I really like the overall stance of the camaro but the rear end and front end are just... meh. Unfortunately for me, my girlfriend thinks the camaro is a nicer looking car haha. And ya isn't it annoying? I can't stand the kids in daddy's sports car that have something to prove. Fortunately it isn't often, but when it does happen... I had some kid race after me in an older ferrari California after filling up at a gas station. I try not to get baited but I caved. I enjoyed pulling on that car. I tried to chat after but he just sped off lol.

Btw, it's spelled Camaro (with two "a").
Them sexy new SS Zl1 1le 6gen Camaros sure are cat's Meow and make me purr!!! sweet looking ride. They sure stand out .dont see as many of them as the mustangs .
Sponsored