Sponsored

The Life of Daily Driving a 5.0

troverman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT Premium manual
Biden asked for a study on how a mileage tax would be implemented in his new package, not the tax itself. The tax has been estimated to be $.08 / mile.
This is nuts. Doesn't the "gas tax" already perform the same feat? People that drive lots of miles use more fuel and thus pay more "tax?"

Now the government wants to further tax one of the few enjoyable pastimes we have left.
Sponsored

Ewheels

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Eric
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT PP1, 2020 Explorer, 2023 F150
Vehicle Showcase
This is nuts. Doesn't the "gas tax" already perform the same feat? People that drive lots of miles use more fuel and thus pay more "tax?"

Now the government wants to further tax one of the few enjoyable pastimes we have left.
It's because electric cars are slowly becoming more prominent. If they don't use gas, then the government loses the tax dollars and you know they're not about to let us have our money back

Bobn57

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bob
Vehicle(s)
1968 Mustang Fastback, 2021 VB, GT/CS
Vehicle Showcase
I know my GT is not remotely the fastest car out there, but it sounds good, has lots of power, shifts well, handles well, looks good, is pretty well equipped, and I love driving it as much as possible. Its a great DD.
ditto....it used to take some radical engine work to pump out 460HP in a small block. Hi lift cam that shook like a dog sh***** bones. These 5.0s are smooth out of the box. Its amazing. Until you really get on them they seem very tame.

troverman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
It's because electric cars are slowly becoming more prominent. If they don't use gas, then the government loses the tax dollars and you know they're not about to let us have our money back
So...does it apply just to electric cars, or all cars? Because I've played fair all my life with taxes, but if the gov wants to double tax me I'll start filling my diesel truck from the off-road pump.

Orange devil

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Camaro,toyoda
Gross?
I'm an old man who drives with the top down. Always, except in pouring rain. I don't believe anyone would mistake my ride for a rental car. We're always getting waves and thumbs up, except one little kid who yelled "Grampa!"
Was that you?
Apropos nothing, I customarily proofread my messages before hitting "post". Makes them more credible.
Stang.jpg
That might be the prettiest one I have seen.Love the color combo.

Sponsored

Bobn57

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bob
Vehicle(s)
1968 Mustang Fastback, 2021 VB, GT/CS
Vehicle Showcase
its funny that the general public does not realize we still need to burn fossil fuels or coal or use nuclear plants to make energy to power industry and build their emission free electric cars. They think they just plug into their wall socket and they're getting free energy and saving the planet.
The battery technology has come a long way and the EV cars do serve a purpose. Can't see ICE going away any time soon.

Ewheels

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Eric
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT PP1, 2020 Explorer, 2023 F150
Vehicle Showcase
So...does it apply just to electric cars, or all cars? Because I've played fair all my life with taxes, but if the gov wants to double tax me I'll start filling my diesel truck from the off-road pump.
I don't know for certain but would you really be surprised if they double taxed us?

troverman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nope, I certainly wouldn't.

Dai Uy Ted

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ted
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT, 2020 Maserati Levante S Ribelle
Back to topic for a moment:

I'm lookin for one in that twisted O.J.color or black like BATMAN.Possible procharger or whipple with Nitro . No Convertibles!! Hells no!!they look like something from a Parade, or a used rent a car. No wants to see some old man with the top down. Gross
Gross?
I'm an old man who drives with the top down. Always, except in pouring rain. I don't believe anyone would mistake my ride for a rental car. (See pic below.) We're always getting waves and thumbs up, except one little kid on a scooter who yelled "Grampa!"
Was that you?

Apropos nothing, I customarily proofread my messages before hitting "post". Makes them more credible.

Stang.jpg

wadewolf76

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Damon
Vehicle(s)
67 Mustang coupe, 21 Twister Orange GT premium
One of the reasons my wife switched from her Mustang to a Wrangler was because every moron tried to race her. A few of them almost causing some accidents. No one tries to race a 4 door Wrangler. Well maybe a Bronco owner will, but they have to get them out of a factory first.

Sponsored

DemonGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1991 Mustang GT, 2021 Mustang GT PP1
i just hit 1k miles on mine and iv had a handful of cars and truck try racing and even a couple motorcycles. Definitely annoying

dead_inside

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 GT Prem PP
People here drive like such A holes all the time that I can’t tell if they want to race me, hit me, run me off the road, are high, are stupid, or some combo of all of the above. I’m frequently getting passed in the middle turn lane now. When did that become a thing? I’m also seeing a lot of people getting so close to me at stops that they’re basically in my back seat. I take a look in the rear view to see if they look as stupid as they drive and it’s someone chewing their bottom lip, rocking around like their favorite song is playing, and vigorously looking around for something… I just want to get to where I’m going. Good grief

Shadow277

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT 2012 Corolla
This is CA only? I thought it was nationwide...

It's as if CA wants everyone to leave. I don't get it. I see CA population drastically declining over the coming years. They've already had their first decline in census in decades.

....wait. What's this thread actually about? People wanting to race you? Yeah, yeah, sure me too 🤣
CA is voting to do it now, most likely for State and then the Federal one is being worked on for proposal. You may very much be taxed by state AND federal.

So it's not really who's faster, but who can afford these taxes.

EmCel

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Em
Vehicle(s)
2016 mustang gt
Back to topic for a moment:

Gross?
I'm an old man who drives with the top down. Always, except in pouring rain. I don't believe anyone would mistake my ride for a rental car. (See pic below.) We're always getting waves and thumbs up, except one little kid on a scooter who yelled "Grampa!"
Was that you?

Stang.jpg
I love the color and it looks pretty sweet.

jd_cobra

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Ingot Silver
People here drive like such A holes all the time that I can’t tell if they want to race me, hit me, run me off the road, are high, are stupid, or some combo of all of the above. I’m frequently getting passed in the middle turn lane now. When did that become a thing? I’m also seeing a lot of people getting so close to me at stops that they’re basically in my back seat. I take a look in the rear view to see if they look as stupid as they drive and it’s someone chewing their bottom lip, rocking around like their favorite song is playing, and vigorously looking around for something… I just want to get to where I’m going. Good grief
This is true facts. I literally have people kill themselves to get over and get one car in front of me and I’m like wtf?!
Sponsored