The Life of Daily Driving a 5.0

cactus_kid

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Michael
Vehicle(s)
'21 GT (see sig)
I had an old man compliment me on the car, and proceeded to tell me he used to have a GT500, and his advice is never to marry a woman who wants to have "a litter of kids" with you....that sh*t depleted my life savings and my car!"

Needless to say, he made my day. =P
What's that old saying ? "If it has tits or wheels, it's trouble !"
Sponsored

ICU812

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Tempo, Ford Mustang,FFR,Crown vic.
I get thumbs up, and waves, Not so much throttle junkies that want to race, a few but I just let them go, Not worth the risk in traffic on public roads.

Sponsored

ice445

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ryan
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT 6MT
All. The. Time.

I’ll have ricers trying to race, other sports cars, and even people in regular sedans. Lol, it’s stupid. I just want to get to my destination in peace.
A lot of regular people just want to see you floor it, lol

Zelek

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang Mach 1
No one dares mess with the white Honda Accord and the 4 other Accords around me. 😂

Even when I drove my 17 with bolt ons, not many people tried to do anything. Rarely the occasional kid would rev or jump his car at me but with my significant other in the car I'd like to not be single.

Ebm

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Guy
Vehicle(s)
'14 GT
Some lower IQ members of our species seem to think that if they were dumb enough to drive faster than you in thick traffic, their car is magically superior in performance.
They do win an award... the Darwin award! It's highly coveted to some!

MidwayJ

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jay
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Coupe
Vehicle Showcase
I figure it's mostly your exhaust. I rarely get that reaction but I only have a Roush axle back. It's more aggressive than stock but not very loud overall.

slick_rick_

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rick
Vehicle(s)
18’ GT350
Oh ya it happens frequently. I seem to get more people flagging me down at a red light or gas station to compliment on how good it sounds. It's definitely the roush catback with catless LTH's lol.

Sponsored

Norm Peterson

corner barstool sitter
Threads
Reaction score
On a corner barstool not too far from I-95
First Name
Norm
Vehicle(s)
'08 GT #85, '19 WRX
I figure it's mostly your exhaust.
This ^^^

If your car sounds sort of like a race car, there are going to be people who'll want to see if it's got the bite to back up the bark.

Norm

groove93

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jay Brown
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Mustang GT Premium
I live in a small college town (Georgia Southern) and the "rev fest" usually occurs between August and September when the new students arrive. The vast majority of the cars are just loud 4 Bangers or V6's with Loud Exhaust.

I recall driving home from work one afternoon and this Charger (V6) was acting as if he was a gnat in my ear. Switching lanes, revving up the engine, taking off at lights. At one corner, I just let loose, took a sharp right turn at the light, and left it in the dust. I haven't seen this car in weeks.

Just 2 days ago I was on my way to work, and there was a white Camaro (1LT or LS, Inline 4) behind me. I'm doing my normal speed which is around 70 mph, but this car was on me like white on rice. I knew there was a stop sign coming up, so once I got to it and the area was clear, I just took off. The Camaro tried to keep up, but it was too late.

When these "events" occur, I usually switch to Manual Mode, but being a former owner of an Inline 4 Camaro, I knew something a simple as a V6 Camry could even dust the poor car.

I need to start waving my hand towards other Mustang Owners, since alot of them (GTs specifically) like to rev as I drive by them.

Orange devil

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Camaro,toyoda
For the first time yesterday a woman in a mustang waved at me :) it was pretty sweet. 😊

I usually get middle fingers:giggle: jk
Really like to get a mustang.Bet the driving experience is dreamy .

Usually when someone only waves with one finger I just wonder what happened to other 9 fingers 🤔