The last GT350R

corrieb

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ben
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT350R HEP, 2021 Alpine A110
Just did my weekly spreadsheet update (see https://www.mustang6g.com/forums/th...preadsheet-thread.141540/page-36#post-3050287) and I think there's good evidence to suggest that we know the identify of the last GT350R off the production line.

What is the evidence?
  • The last 4 GT350R VINs are consecutive and are all Heritage Models
  • @PP0001 speculated with me that the dealerships those last 4 cars are going to suggest they are going to Ford execs
  • We've just had over 100 new VINs assigned to the last GT350s and there's not a single R model in the list
So. Let's see whether 1FA6P8JZ7L5552710 goes to Bill Ford and gets any special features
Sponsored

Buckwampum

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT350 (which replaces my 2011 GT500, which replaced my 2002 Z06)
My guess: Bill Ford will request the removal of that damn shark fin antenna............

Last edited:

RPDBlueMoon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT350 Heritage Edition, Civic Type R
Guess we now know what GT350 may brake the record of Ken Miles GT350R at an auction.

Happy to know that it will still have panel gaps like the rest of us

Last edited:

Sponsored

Schwerin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang
Maybe Ford execs should be less concerned with getting their own special cars and worry about the lack of care going to customer cars.
If it aint visibly hurting their bottom line and stock price they gave 0 reason to care.

Champale

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT350R
That is really cool info, corrieb! Wow. How many Rs total do you think will get made for 2020?

Frank.Herbst

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Frank
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350
Guess we now know what GT350 may brake the record of Ken Miles GT350R at an auction.
No, some one would have to accomplish something with the R similar to what Ken Miles accomplished. People seem to forget why the Shelby brand is what it is. There are and have been plenty of very fast cars. But only the Shelby team kicked ass with what were other wise fairly modest performers.
And yes I have owned three original Shelby's and two new GT350s so I know all about how much technology has improved our Shelby's. Just saying, they have not made the impact in the racing world and that is what is missing. You know like Porsche has. And then it would probably need to be someone as colorful as Ken Miles. He is probably one of the best all time drivers and chassis guys.

OP
OP
corrieb

corrieb

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ben
Vehicle(s)
That is really cool info, corrieb! Wow. How many Rs total do you think will get made for 2020?
It'll be roughly 800. I don't have the exact number given that I didn't start logging data at the start of the year.

key01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350 now gone to a great home.
No, some one would have to accomplish something with the R similar to what Ken Miles accomplished. People seem to forget why the Shelby brand is what it is. There are and have been plenty of very fast cars. But only the Shelby team kicked ass with what were other wise fairly modest performers.
And yes I have owned three original Shelby's and two new GT350s so I know all about how much technology has improved our Shelby's. Just saying, they have not made the impact in the racing world and that is what is missing. You know like Porsche has. And then it would probably need to be someone as colorful as Ken Miles. He is probably one of the best all time drivers and chassis guys.
Absolutely right, Frank. Those days of Ken Miles, Shelby, Jim Hall and those early autocrafter/inventors etc are gone, but man they knew how to work with what little they had. Amazing. I try to walk everyday and there is an old 3.25 mile racetrack near my house that is now part of the forest preserve district. Back in the 50’s and 60’s it was known as Meadowdale Raceway. A very difficult track with a banked turn and the longest straightaway in the country. Ken Miles and all of those skilled racers brought it all to conquer this track. When walking the old asphalt here I can feel their presence. It’s very humbling.

Sponsored
OP
OP
corrieb

corrieb

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ben
Vehicle(s)
As an interesting addendum to this thread, I finally finished pulling all the Window Stickers for the HEP-R cars and I noticed something very interesting about the last 5 and in particular, the last 1.

The last 5 HEP-Rs have "Special Order" at the bottom.

The very last HEP-R has a package no other HEP-R has. The "Final Heritage Package". See

It shows painted OTT stripes and even painted side stripes. I think we can definitively say this is the last car.

09cs

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350
Very interesting. Do you know which dealer ordered it?

Rev Happy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT350R, 2023 BMW X3
Village Ford in Dearborn. My sources tell me this will be Bill Ford's car.
It's got to be his. I think @PP0001 mentioned that the calipers were going to be guardsman blue as well? I'm curious to see the panel gaps on this one. I doubt he will have any.

5.2 VooDoo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Comp. Orange GT 350 - Born March 3rd - Arrrived March 14th
It's got to be his. I think @PP0001 mentioned that the calipers were going to be guardsman blue as well? I'm curious to see the panel gaps on this one. I doubt he will have any.
VIP Build 100%
Sponsored