the "I Like My Stock Exhaust" thread

Blue_Demon

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ryan
Vehicle(s)
2016 EcoBoost
Random question, but has anyone been thinking about the Roush rear valence and quad exhaust? I don't want the actual Roush exhaust, but I love the quad look. I was thinking about dual 3.5 inch tips on each side welded to the stock mufflers but I have no clue what it would look like with the Roush valence. From what I gather the actual Roush exhaust is 4 inch tips.
Sponsored

PRG3k

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Turbo
A good exhaust shop could make it work no granted you already have a premium bumper and the roush valence to test fit.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

e30og

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Genesis G70 3.3T Sport
I am perfectly happy with the stock exhaust. I would love some good exhaust noise but this isn't the engine for that and every aftermarket exhaust sounds like poop IMO. Ford went to great lengths to quiet this car and I will enjoy the "sleeper exhaust". Money spent on one when I get a bigger motor

Tamadrummer88

Finicky
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang EcoBoost Premium
I am perfectly happy with the stock exhaust. I would love some good exhaust noise but this isn't the engine for that and every aftermarket exhaust sounds like poop IMO. Ford went to great lengths to quiet this car and I will enjoy the "sleeper exhaust". Money spent on one when I get a bigger motor

If someone can make 400/400 on stock exhaust save for a down pipe I'll keep my stock exhaust.

PRG3k

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Turbo
I also love flying by people in a silent car

Sponsored

Noobtastic14

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'15 EB ruby red
I did the Muffler delete and never looked back.

The delete gives just enough growl to be heard with the windows down but not enough to be distracting or obnoxious. I don't think this engine sounds particularly great, but the delete isn't a bad sound either. Plus I only spent about $50 haha

-Drew

Slow89

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
11 sec bolt on ecoboost // 9.2 @ 151 2019 blower GTCS
The main restriction will be necking down the DP from 3 inches to 2.5 to mate to The stock catback. The stock Catback is less restrictive than the stock DP but more restrictive than a true 3 inch.
Going to have to disagree with you also.... Have you seen the inside of a stock muffler? Looks like a maze from the movie maze runner lol. There's a thread on here where a guy opened up the stock resonator and stock mufflers and the stock mufflers look way worse than the resonator.

Glenn G

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Glenn
Vehicle(s)
15 DIB 6MT base Ecoboost
Going to have to disagree with you also.... Have you seen the inside of a stock muffler? Looks like a maze from the movie maze runner lol. There's a thread on here where a guy opened up the stock resonator and stock mufflers and the stock mufflers look way worse than the resonator.
I can see why it looks like that to the untrained eye, somethings about flow dynamics are counter intuitive. the design of the stock mufflers and resonator are quite ingenious providing alot of resonance without restriction.

Mishimoto did some heavy research on this here
http://engineering.mishimoto.com/?cat=288

What they picked up by removing the resonator and the "restrictive" stock mufflers?

Mishimoto said:
In our case, variances in power were negligible after opening up the CBE portion of the 2015 Mustang EcoBoost exhaust. We know the addition of a downpipe and tune results in huge power gains (see downpipe testing results here), but it seems as though the cat-back upgrade will be an upgrade for sound/aesthetics.
This was done on the stock downpipe. Now once you start increasing flow with a freer flowing downpipe, that might change because of the neck down- not the mufflers.

i4gains

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
Ingot Silver EB Mustang with PP
i like that tinted plate cover, where did you get that?

BLU-PNY

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jim
Vehicle(s)
2017 Ecoboost Mustang premium vert, 2016 F-150 XLT 4x4, 2006 Mazda Miata
As promised. Really happy I went this route. Considered 4 inch tips but these fit just the way I wanted. Thanks for the tip [MENTION=13130]mtpavelka[/MENTION].. pun intended

20151119_164915_zps8zvgazit.jpg

20151119_163007_zpsmclrks2g.jpg
I realize this is an old thread but am considering doing this tip "transplant".

Some questions:
1) Are these 3.5' outlet OD with 2.25" inlet pipe?

2) Were the exiting tips cut off flush with the muffler or was a short piece left?

3) Is the inlet of the new Vibrant tips sized to slip over 2.25" piping or must it be simply butted up and welded?

Appreciate any feedback on this........or other similar suggestions for tip replacements!

Sponsored

Chef jpd

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT PP1 6M, Grab ass lime. Ex: 2016 EB PPP CO
Vehicle Showcase
Wow, this might be the oldest ressurection of any thread in M6G history.

Chef jpd

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT PP1 6M, Grab ass lime. Ex: 2016 EB PPP CO
Vehicle Showcase
Magnaflow, 2.5" inlet, 4" outlet, cut off the old, weld on the new.

35768554345_c0806c5a95_b.jpg
20160920_160743 by chefjpd, on Flickr

BLU-PNY

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jim
Vehicle(s)
Wow, this might be the oldest ressurection of any thread in M6G history.
Yes, I realize that:).....and getting responses from prior posters is probably a long shot, but after a lot of searching, this thread contained info I was interested in.

Problem is that I really would like to improve the look of my exhaust outlets. This is one way to do it fairly inexpensively. Obviously the other way is an exhaust change, like an axle back replacement system. I am also considering that option but would only go that route if I could get a better sound, with little increase in volume while cruising easy but more "bark" only when I step on it. The only two systems that I might consider are: 1) AWE Touring axle-back and 2) Ford Performance by Borla Touring axle back. Of the dozens of exhaust system sound clips I have listened to so far, these two are the ones that interest me......but......clips and reviews of them are pretty limited…..and I'm not really sure I like the sound that much better than the quiet stock exhaust. I sure don't want my car to sound like a blatty ricer kiddie car!

So....I go back to considering just replacing the stock tips for now.

Wish I could find more feedback or actually hear those two axle back systems I mentioned....

BLU-PNY

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jim
Vehicle(s)
Those Magnaflow tips look pretty darn good too, Chef! Big improvement over stock - do you happen to know the part number of those? Did you cut off old tips flush to muffler and simply weld new tips on?

Thanks!
Sponsored

Last edited: