Tamadrummer88

Finicky
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang EcoBoost Premium
I do like the aftermarket exhausts, but after doing a lot of extensive reading on gains it seems that gains with an aftermarket exhaust are negligible, and that most of the power will come from a downpipe. I think id rather keep the catback stock and spend my money on a good downpipe, and if i want better sound later ill get me a set of Roush axle backs or something when they become cheaper.

zacpounds

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ruby Red Ecoboost

Nihil

Cowabunga
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
Grey Goop
I do like the aftermarket exhausts, but after doing a lot of extensive reading on gains it seems that gains with an aftermarket exhaust are negligible, and that most of the power will come from a downpipe. I think id rather keep the catback stock and spend my money on a good downpipe, and if i want better sound later ill get me a set of Roush axle backs or something when they become cheaper.

The stock resonator and mufflers are very restrictive, you actually gain about 15-20whp and tq with a free flowing catback exhaust.

As far as the stock exhaust sounding good...you cant even hear it lol. same when I bought my 370z, stock exhaust sounded like I was driving a prius.

Glenn G

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Glenn
Vehicle(s)
15 DIB 6MT base Ecoboost
Fock it im on board on this. Im getting a dp but so far every exhaust sounds like mad cow shit. I also hate the tips. If you figure out something i will blindly follow you
I have the MAP resonated exhaust and Catless downpipe and it sounds amazing at wot and subtle and deep at idle or around town. I did not want anything really loud and am quite happy with it. At 2k rpm in 6th gear it can get into a frequency of resonance I don't like but it's not annoying at all.

I figured since you have alot of MAP stuff on your car like I do, you might want to give it a shot.

Hi from a fellow Boricua by the way, though I've lived in Germany far longer than I did on the Island.:cheers:

Sponsored

ohbuckeyes

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ecoboost Premium
Love my stock exhaust! I'm not trying to spend a grand to have a car that sounds like a Honda.

lisandra

mama smurf
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
lisandra
Vehicle(s)
ecoboost PP non premium
The stock resonator and mufflers are very restrictive, you actually gain about 15-20whp and tq with a free flowing catback exhaust.

As far as the stock exhaust sounding good...you cant even hear it lol. same when I bought my 370z, stock exhaust sounded like I was driving a prius.
But didnt mishimoto do a bunch of dyno runs and found the power to be at the dp and almost nothing in the exhaust??

lisandra

mama smurf
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
lisandra
Vehicle(s)
ecoboost PP non premium
I have the MAP resonated exhaust and Catless downpipe and it sounds amazing at wot and subtle and deep at idle or around town. I did not want anything really loud and am quite happy with it. At 2k rpm in 6th gear it can get into a frequency of resonance I don't like but it's not annoying at all.

I figured since you have alot of MAP stuff on your car like I do, you might want to give it a shot.

Hi from a fellow Boricua by the way, though I've lived in Germany far longer than I did on the Island.:cheers:
Hey there fellow islander!!! Dont worry the island leaves with you no matter what.
Map was my first choice and all but the price is a but too much

Tamadrummer88

Finicky
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang EcoBoost Premium
I think it would be cool to make 400/400 with a large turbo, bigger DP and stock catback. Excellent sleeper right there, unless the louder intake sounds and BOV gives it away.

Glenn G

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Glenn
Vehicle(s)
15 DIB 6MT base Ecoboost
Hey there fellow islander!!! Dont worry the island leaves with you no matter what.
Map was my first choice and all but the price is a but too much
It is Pricey I admit. but as I was at the shop putting the car on the lift to do the exhaust, I laid it all out and people were coming up to me asking where i had such a beautiful custom exhaust made. When I told them I got it for $1K all the BMW guys jaws hit the ground, they are paying 2 or 3 times more for stuff that looks like junk in comparison. The MAP exhaust is all vbands and slip joints so no damn gaskets that end up breaking in a few years. I know you have FMIC and the quality is the same.

It is a work of art and worth every penny!

Sponsored

redtrack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT PP1 10AT
@redtrack what did you use to paint your mufflers black?
My car was delivered like that. It's like a black coating on the exhaust, and some other parts of the car.
But after welding the tips, it was painted with black spray paint heat resistant, I think 1500F. Pep boys...

redtrack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT PP1 10AT
@redtrack are they slip on over factory tips and do you get any vibrations from being so close to the valance?

Sent from my SM-G928V using Tapatalk
No, they cutted the oem tips at the weld. Then they opened up a little the tip end, so they can slip over the weld. Then they welded outside and inside. The gap around the tips is about 1/2 inch.

hope this info help!

lisandra

mama smurf
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
lisandra
Vehicle(s)
ecoboost PP non premium
Has anyone been crazy enough to do the dp, resonator delete, 2.5 dual piping BUT keep the stock mufflers?

mbreinin

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
mike
Vehicle(s)
2015 EcoBoost Premium.
Personally, I want this car to be silent...like a Diesel/Electric submarine running on batteries at 50 meters. Pure stealth. I will take some turbo noise, but that is about it. The engine sounds like it should be running an irrigation pump in a rice field anyway. Spending thousands to try to get a pleasing exhaust note from this car seems like an exercise in futility to me.

jtmat

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vert turbo!!!!
Personally, I want this car to be silent...like a Diesel/Electric submarine running on batteries at 50 meters. Pure stealth. I will take some turbo noise, but that is about it. The engine sounds like it should be running an irrigation pump in a rice field anyway. Spending thousands to try to get a pleasing exhaust note from this car seems like an exercise in futility to me.
I agree with you there...

It sounds great... until you pull up to a V8. :eek:

At the end I don't understand spending $1000 either... you can go to magnaflow and purchase the mufflers and then get a local shop to install them... all for less than $400. Exact mufflers they have with their kits.
Sponsored