the "I Like My Stock Exhaust" thread

BlackBoostedStang

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
I might get flamed for this .. but I like my stock exhaust, what can i say.. i do. :shrug: But I can't bear to keep looking at my flacid exhaust tips. So I want to change them. After researching the heck out of this, and exhaust shops steering me the wrong way.. who has a solution to make my stock mufflers look more.. normal? If i cut between the muffler and the stock tip there might not be enough room to attach an aftermarket tip correctly. Or i just haven't found the right one. Side note i can't find anywhere online to order correct tips. Not going for generic 4 inch autozone pocket pusy looking thing. Anyone done this rice mod yet? :ninja:
Sponsored

BOOSTED-SVO

In My Own Lane
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jay
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ecoboost PP SB M6
I'm really with you on this but only because I haven't heard any aftermarket exhaust worthy to throw $$ on yet. I know its 4cy and all but man.. I don't understand why this 2.3 sound worst than other 4cy. My ST sounded much much better with some aftermarket exhausts (milltek) and its only a 2 liter.

Sent from my SM-G928V using Tapatalk

lisandra

mama smurf
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
lisandra
Vehicle(s)
ecoboost PP non premium
Fock it im on board on this. Im getting a dp but so far every exhaust sounds like mad cow shit. I also hate the tips. If you figure out something i will blindly follow you

redtrack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT PP1 10AT
oem muffler, borla tips 4.5", suggested by some poster on this forum.
I'm happy whith them

BOOSTED-SVO

In My Own Lane
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jay
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ecoboost PP SB M6
[MENTION=10746]redtrack[/MENTION] are they slip on over factory tips and do you get any vibrations from being so close to the valance?

Sponsored

Brian V

USA Retired
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015ecoboost premium 201A Nav Sec Race Red
IT is a Diffuser Dang IT ...
I do like those surrounds . Great looking concept .

OP
OP
BlackBoostedStang

BlackBoostedStang

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
[MENTION=10746]redtrack[/MENTION] what did you use to paint your mufflers black?

rl16v6

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rich
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang Black EB Premium, 2008 Shelby GT500
I'm with you, my car is a DD and I have not heard any exhaust to date I really like. I would also like to get rid of the anemic stock tips and replace them with something nicer looking.

I might get flamed for this .. but I like my stock exhaust, what can i say.. i do. :shrug: But I can't bear to keep looking at my flacid exhaust tips. So I want to change them. After researching the heck out of this, and exhaust shops steering me the wrong way.. who has a solution to make my stock mufflers look more.. normal? If i cut between the muffler and the stock tip there might not be enough room to attach an aftermarket tip correctly. Or i just haven't found the right one. Side note i can't find anywhere online to order correct tips. Not going for generic 4 inch autozone pocket pusy looking thing. Anyone done this rice mod yet? :ninja:

Smarz1018

ScubaSteve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'15 Mustang Eco-boost
Magnaflow street series FTW

l2frankie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
mustang
I went with wesleys idea. Muffler delete with 4 inch, double walled, stainless, angled cut tips. Best $220 spent. Couldn't jusity spending 1k plus on an exhaust

Sponsored

stang77

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 5.0

mtpavelka

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ecoboost Mustang
I installed Vibrant exhaust tips. I didn't take this picture to show off the tips so it's not ideal. But it is about the best I've got.

rl16v6

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rich
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang Black EB Premium, 2008 Shelby GT500
I really like those! Where did you purchase them and did they have to be welded on?

I installed Vibrant exhaust tips. I didn't take this picture to show off the tips so it's not ideal. But it is about the best I've got.

BOOSTED-SVO

In My Own Lane
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jay
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ecoboost PP SB M6

Where did you get that SVO decal from if you don't mind me asking. I love that font style.

mtpavelka

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ecoboost Mustang