Sponsored

The harness bar does fit the convertible (with some modifications...)

lsiunsuex

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mario
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang Ecoboost Convertible Premium
'been a busy week.

Did a custom wrap on the convertible. New Corbeau seats with 5 point harness and harness bar.

Getting really sick of stuff being made for the fastback but not the convertible.

The harness bar sold on American Muscle WILL fit the convertible.

You'll need to:
Pull the rear seat
Pull the rear side panels - theres a ton of foam behind those panels attached with fasteners. The fasteners have to go too. Everything except for the top ones.
Get the 2 mounts in; get the bar in
Cut the hump off of the front seat belt cover on the floor (and remove the seat belts as those are worthless now)
Bolt everything in and force all the panels back in

It's a tight fit for sure but it will fit (expletives will ensue)

Someone probably "could" sit in the middle of the back seat but a: I took out all of the seat belt stuff an b: it probably won't be comfortable for anyone older then 13 lol...

All of that said - the structure under the back seat looks very close to what I've seen in videos of a rear seat delete for the fast back so - as the rear seat is worthless now, probably gonna buy a fast back rear seat delete and get that to fit in also.

All in all - I can't recommend Corbeau seats and the harness anymore. Over the stock premium leather seats, their night and day different. The 5 point harness makes it even better - holds you in nice and tight.

As for the seats - if you get a 5 point harness, you'll drill a hole in the middle of the front bar of the seat mount - bolt the submarine belt there. The bolt from the seat belt receiver on the original seat comes out and gets re-used on the new seat mount on the side (you'll see it). The other side gets bolted to the seat belt mount on the floor and the 2 top belts get wrapped around the bar.

Now I need to take care of these 2 lights lol - air bag light is on cause that's gone from the seats; hood ajar light is on cause I didn't want to install the latch on the carbon fiber hood (only using the hood pins). Oddly, the seat belt light is not on (maybe they figure after market seats might be common so if it's disconnected, don't be annoying?)

And finish the wrap around the windshield and on the satellite antenna and side mirrors and put the new grill in and and and...

Anyway - all of this is FYI - like i said - getting really annoyed stuff isn't made to fit the convertible also so - making fastback stuff fit is doable.

(I really need to find somewhere nice to take some nice photos of the car)

IMG_1441.JPG
IMG_1442.JPG
IMG_1443.JPG
IMG_1444.JPG
IMG_1450.JPG
IMG_1451.JPG
Sponsored