1mic

Banned
2 mph so everybody sees u
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
God bless America, all 8.4 liters -Randy Pobst
As my car currently sits it wouldn't outrun a Gt350, never said it would. Doesn't mean I can't out drive someone in their Gt350 though ;)

Why do I need to post pics of the setup? You can price it all out yourself. I got the wheels for $1379 shipped, the Bridgestone RE71R's were $1337 shipped and it was 65 to mount and balance. Oh yeah, forgot, $75 for new TPMS sensors. So $2856.

Ill post pics for you later. They purttyyy.
Lol, your comments are golden, i think the only challenged person here is you, bringing up brakes and which is "subjectively" better. :crazy:

GT350 brakes > Mustang GT PP brakes w/ pads and fluid.

Should make a call out thread and put your money where your mouth is, go to the GT350 forums and call out some of the owners in your area.
Sponsored

tyshenry

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'15 GT w/ PP
Lol, your comments are golden, i think the only challenged person here is you, bringing up brakes and which is "subjectively" better. :crazy:

GT350 brakes > Mustang GT PP brakes w/ pads and fluid.

Should make a call out thread and put your money where your mouth is, go to the GT350 forums and call out some of the owners in your area.
What's better, a platinum ring or a 14k gold ring? What's better, a set of carbon ceramic brakes or steel? What's better, a 308 or a 9mm?

tyshenry

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'15 GT w/ PP
I mean, you brought up what the GT350 would do with 15k in mods. You are obviously not understanding what this argument is about. If making that point is logical to you, I can't possibly begin to have a coherent debate with you.

CB

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT, Black, PP
I'm going to buy a slightly used Penske Fusion and whip all your asses.

1mic

Banned
2 mph so everybody sees u
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
God bless America, all 8.4 liters -Randy Pobst
What's better, a platinum ring or a 14k gold ring? What's better, a set of carbon ceramic brakes or steel? What's better, a 308 or a 9mm?

Now, you won't possibly understand what I'm getting at here cause your a moron.
I mean, you brought up what the GT350 would do with 15k in mods. You are obviously not understanding what this argument is about. If making that point is logical to you, I can't possibly begin to have a coherent debate with you.
What is there to argue about, you're a confident driver that needs 15k in mods to beat an R. Or is it that you can out drive any GT350 owner? Or is it that brakes on a GT PP are "subjectively better" than the ones on a GT350?
I was responding to someone talking about putting 15k in mods to a 5.0.

Sponsored

tyshenry

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'15 GT w/ PP
What is there to argue about, you're a confident driver that needs 15k in mods to beat an R. Or is it that you can out drive any GT350 owner? Or is it that brakes on a GT PP are "subjectively better" than the ones on a GT350?
I was responding to someone talking about putting 15k in mods to a 5.0.
Let's try this one more time.

1. I don't necessarily need 15k in mods to beat a GT350, personally I don't give a shit. But, with 15k in mods to a GT, the GT would be faster around a race track and be able to sustain the lapping for as long as the GT350.

2. I can't out drive every GT350 owner. Maybe Fernando Alonso has one? But I am confident in my abilities.

3. I never said the brakes on the GT PP were better. But they are certainly capable and with pads and fluid will *perform* just as well as the GT350. How the brakes "feel" is another story. But the GT350 isn't gonna be stopping 30ft shorter.

4. The reason you can talk about putting 15k in mods to the GT and compare it to the GT350, is that even after 15k, the GT will still be cheaper overall. Of course you can add money to an already expensive car and make it faster. By your shitty logic, I can buy a Z06 and throw 30k at it and beat a GT350.

lurker

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Description of Your Car(s)
Tired argument is tired. I could put a v8 drivetrain and supporting mods into an old Miata for much less than a GT and beat God on a road course. Going fast is not always the priority, particularly when buying or considering a large purchase like a car.

same here, after modding my WRX. i was lucky enough that the engine didn't blow after 80k hard miles. won't be taking that chance again, ever.

oh and selling a previously modded car was pain in the ass too....
I feel you, man. First out, got a supercharger from a company that ended up going belly up, then blew the stock motor, went through a rebuild, discovered a defective crankshaft, another rebuild, chased electrical gremlins for over a year, blew god knows how many alternators, and that's just the most recent car. I never even got it to the track... It sits now dormant, waiting for me to make my millions so that I can put a whipple on it (3v) and swap the entire drivetrain to a factory 5 cobra.....or just buy dynamite and eat smores over its burning heap. /rant lol

tyshenry

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'15 GT w/ PP
Tired argument is tired. I could put a v8 drivetrain and supporting mods into an old Miata for much less than a GT and beat God on a road course. Going fast is not always the priority, particularly when buying or considering a large purchase like a car.
I completely agree.

I would love to own a Ferrari one day, yet I know I could have a car that costs a tenth as much and be faster. I get the intangible and the idea that ultimate lap times aren't and shouldn't be a reason to purchase a car. Unless it's a car specifically for competing in a certain racing class.

lurker

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Description of Your Car(s)
I completely agree.
I would love to own a Ferrari one day, yet I know I could have a car that costs a tenth as much and be faster. I get the intangible and the idea that ultimate lap times aren't and shouldn't be a reason to purchase a car. Unless it's a car specifically for competing in a certain racing class.
It certainly can be done (modding a car to be faster than whatever stock sports car). Hell how many cars at the strip are stock besides the crowd that comes in straight from the dealership in their fully loaded z07s lol. The benefit of fast cars (and not preaching at you, just stating because public forum) from the factory is warranty, support, and the comfort that major shit shouldn't go wrong or break if the car is driven (and transported LOL) responsibly.

Last edited:

AR306

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Shadow Black Ecoboost Base Auto w/ 19's
I'm going to buy a slightly used Penske Fusion and whip all your asses.
Honestly, that new Fusion sport AWD with the 2.7TT V6 will probably smoke us all with $5k.. put 2 of those VTT stage 2 turbos, a bigger intercooler and a livernois or adam tune and it will fly.. or explode. Either or.. :lol:

Sponsored

Nac79

NAC15GT
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Nicholas
Vehicle(s)
2015 Competition Orange Ford Mustang GT with PP
OP, I was also in the same situation as you. I found a GT350 with Technology package in Santa Fe, NM while a vacation trip to snow ski. They were going to sell it to me for MSRP. It was real nice and I was tempted.

It is a cool car for sure, but not worth losing money over. I have two weekend cars the 15 CO GTPP and the 2002 C5Z, and thought about downsizing to one. I also thought about raiding my savings and paying cash for one. However, my Z has been paid off for years with only 37,500 miles on it and the 15 GT only has 3,000 miles on it that I purchased in 11/2014. There is no way I could lose that kind of money on a car, ever! I know you did the right thing.

I owned a 2007 Shelby GT, and it's cool to attend all the Shelby events, but it also depreciated. They only made a certain number of them. I practically gave it away. Cars depreciate, and the GT350 will also. Look at the Boss 302 now! One thing I learned being in the Corvette circle, they will always build a faster, better car! C6 ZO6, ZR1, C7 ZO6 anyone! It's design that way! You will always be playing catch up.

Enjoy what you have! I like what someone else said, there are people who envy you for your GT!

This past weekend, I had the C5Z out and stop to get gas. Some guy asked me if I would trade my car for his family sedan and two kids. That made me laugh, but it felt good. That's for a 2002 C5 ZO6 with only 405 or so HP. :clap2:

73MachI

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brett
Vehicle(s)
15 Mustang GT M6 PP ESP Magnetic
My Corolla gets more MPG than the GT 350 and the GT Premium. What now? Yeah, that's right. I struggle to pass people driving normally on any given day so it's almost like I'm racing, but no one is paying attention.

The struggle is real, folks.
I broke a rib laughing. Best comment of the year.

Hurricane

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ted
Vehicle(s)
Mach 1, '21 330i (Wifemobile)
I bought my GT with PP used for the exact reason you now know. Up here in Canada, the car new was $51000, but I got one used with 4000 miles on it for $38500 at a Ford dealer. Someone lost thier shirt on that car, I won.
:thumbsup: I bought my '15 GT last fall under similar circumstances. It had been titled to someone in November 2014 and they put 6,000 miles on the car, so the dealership had to sell it as used. The window sticker MSRP was $37,700 and after the usual back-and-forth with a manager, I signed on the line for under $32k out the door, including sales tax, tag and title.

For someone to unload a car they've owned less than 12 months with only 6,000 miles on it must be a pretty sad thing for them to have to do. You always wonder the story behind a car like that. Did the previous owner lose their job or have a family member fall ill and was forced to sell the car? Were they just a deadbeat and the vehicle was repossessed? Did they die? Indeed, their loss was my gain, because the car was in mint condition when I bought it. It just makes you wonder, that's all.
Sponsored