Sponsored

The GT Spare Wheel /Tyre Solution- "The Gnome Spare"

ShadowMustang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Shadow Ford Mustang Fastback
I have been following the Gnome Spare Wheel thread for a 2016 Ford Mustang and am wondering whether anyone has tried a FG Falcon Space Saver Spare Wheel (SSSW) to see whether it fits the 2016 Mustang wheel fitment. I own a 2016 EB Mustang and have purchased the FG Spare Wheel Kit for my car (cost $77.00) as recommended and wonder whether the FG SSSW will also fit? Your comments would be greatly appreciated.
Sponsored

Gnome

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Stang!
I have been following the Gnome Spare Wheel thread for a 2016 Ford Mustang and am wondering whether anyone has tried a FG Falcon Space Saver Spare Wheel (SSSW) to see whether it fits the 2016 Mustang wheel fitment. I own a 2016 EB Mustang and have purchased the FG Spare Wheel Kit for my car (cost $77.00) as recommended and wonder whether the FG SSSW will also fit? Your comments would be greatly appreciated.
99.9% sure that you will find that the FG space saver does not even fit over the 4 pot Brembo brakes, which is why the FPV cars came with a full size wheel instead of the space saver.

But as the EB does not have staggered wheels you should be able to put the space saver on the rear and move the stock rear to the front if you have a flat front tyre.

mix 302

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mick
Vehicle(s)
Ruby Red GT Mustang Auto
"Gnome Spare works a Treat":)....Just left Kariong Cars & Coffee yesterday to go to Sydney. Just got on the M1 on ramp and got a TPS warning on dash. Had to pull over as 2 lanes merged into one. (very risky as there was no room and everyone was increasing speed to 110k's!) Tyre was changed within 15mins, quickest i've ever changed a flat. lol...Sat on freeway to Sydney and back on 100klm's with no trouble whatsoever. 200klm's on Gnome wheel now.
Thank You.:clap2:
2016-11-27 10.53.20.jpg

stang_86

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Range Rover Sport, 2016 Mustang GT 2019 Bullitt
Called the tempe now waiting on them to get more rims. :-(
I hope they get them in before mid December

Egghead

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Greg
Vehicle(s)
2016 mustang gt
Vehicle Showcase
"Gnome Spare works a Treat":)....Just left Kariong Cars & Coffee yesterday to go to Sydney. Just got on the M1 on ramp and got a TPS warning on dash. Had to pull over as 2 lanes merged into one. (very risky as there was no room and everyone was increasing speed to 110k's!) Tyre was changed within 15mins, quickest i've ever changed a flat. lol...Sat on freeway to Sydney and back on 100klm's with no trouble whatsoever. 200klm's on Gnome wheel now.
And doesn't look too bad either!!

Sponsored

4stanger

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Garry
Vehicle(s)
2015 EB Mustang Fastback Race Red
;)
http://www.mustang6g.com/forums/showpost.php?p=998380&postcount=20
Been there done that, the FG SSSW will not clear the rear caliper.

EB owners should try and source the original Ford SSSW kit, if Ford Australia are too expensive, do what I did and purchase one through ebay from a North American Ford dealer and then keep your EB all original.
For example http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/15-thru-...l-Tire-Kit-with-Jack-Wrench-NEW-/181622931225

Last edited:

Jmeo

You said member ;)
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jaime
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT500, 2022 F150 PowerBoost
Vehicle Showcase
Great info here! I sure wish I could get my hands on one of these setups here in the US :(

snake bite

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fords of course
Great info here! I sure wish I could get my hands on one of these setups here in the US :(
Why dont you contact tempe wheels, im sure they'll ship to usa

Jmeo

You said member ;)
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jaime
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT500, 2022 F150 PowerBoost
Vehicle Showcase
Why dont you contact tempe wheels, im sure they'll ship to usa
Ok I will give that a try. I somehow need to find out if the wheel will fit over GT350 front and rear brakes. I would assume if it fits over PP front calipers that it will fit over GT350 rear calipers but I'm not sure about the front. I know the GT350 front rotors are 15.5" diameter compared to the PP 15" does anyone here have any knowledge of this wheel would fit the GT350?

If I will I wonder if anyone would mind helping me find the falcon spare tire styrofoam setup?

Thanks guys,

Jaime

05STNG

05 STNG
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Simon
Vehicle(s)
DIB Fastback V8 Manual
puncture

So what caused the puncture?

Sponsored

mix 302

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mick
Vehicle(s)
Ruby Red GT Mustang Auto
Screw in tread....$40 including nitrogen, spare now happily asleep in boot till next time.;)

So what caused the puncture?

snake bite

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fords of course
Ok I will give that a try. I somehow need to find out if the wheel will fit over GT350 front and rear brakes. I would assume if it fits over PP front calipers that it will fit over GT350 rear calipers but I'm not sure about the front. I know the GT350 front rotors are 15.5" diameter compared to the PP 15" does anyone here have any knowledge of this wheel would fit the GT350?

If I will I wonder if anyone would mind helping me find the falcon spare tire styrofoam setup?

Thanks guys,

Jaime
Ebay might be your best bet on the jack

Zee

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT, 2003 WRX, 2013 Forester XT
Just ordered the spare from Tempe Tyres.

FYI they are expecting stock on the 9th or 10th of this month and they have two left so if you need one now is a good time to get it.

stang_86

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Range Rover Sport, 2016 Mustang GT 2019 Bullitt
Just ordered the spare from Tempe Tyres.

FYI they are expecting stock on the 9th or 10th of this month and they have two left so if you need one now is a good time to get it.
You might want that in writing I called weeks ago and called to confirm the above turns out I'm not on the list so Tempe can stick it useless. Lost a sale.

xXANCHORMONXx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 Track Pack

Thanks guys,

Jaime
I've done some testing on this. Some 18s can clear the GTPP brakes but there are no 18s that can clear the the GT350 wheels. Also not all 19s can clear the GT350.

I'd take measurements first
Sponsored